You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost In The Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost In The Mirror

 

From the 16th to the 18th of August this summer, my mom, her boyfriend, along with my little brother and I vacationed at Ocean City, Maryland. Everything was wonderful, except for our motel named the Islander. To be honest, the room we were staying in couldn't have looked creepier.

Basically, there were two beds in the room- one was closest to the door and window, while the other (my bed) was placed directly in front of the bathroom. Anyways, it was late at night and I had only recently gotten off my computer. Everyone else had fallen asleep already and we were waking up early the next day, so I figured I had to do the same.

I walked across the room to turn off the light and ever since I did, I couldn't shake off the feeling that I was being watched. The curtain to the window was closed and everyone was asleep, so I just thought I was overreacting at the time. However, the green light cast from the air conditioner spread just enough light in the room to see my bed, as well as the bathroom directly in front of it. For some reason I couldn't help but to stare into the bathroom, as if I might see something move in there.

I tried to fall asleep, but my eyes kept on dragging over towards the bathroom. That's when I looked in the mirror, which I could see from my bed. It looked like a faintly visible figure was standing in the mirror. Keep in mind, I was laying down, and the mirror was elevated higher than the bed, so it couldn't have been me.

It just looked like someone standing up close to the mirror, from inside of it. What I saw scared me, and I was too afraid to get up in the dark and just close the door. Instead, I moved closer to my little brother, covered myself with the blankets and went to sleep.

The next night I just made sure that the bathroom door was closed, and while I still had that same terrifying feeling that someone was staring at me, it wasn't near as bad as having to actually look at the figure.

That next morning my mom began taking pictures of everyone and noticed a white haze over the pictures. So she began taking pictures around the room and said, "Wow, I think our room is haunted. Look at all the orbs in these pictures!" As if my assumptions didn't make the room seem scary enough, now my mother even began to think the same thing. However, we all just denied it and laughed it off. After all, ignorance is bliss, right?

Well, when we finally went back home to Pennsylvania, I couldn't be happier. That night, however, I had experienced the same feeling I had in the motel room. That same feeling that someone was staring at me. I have a large mirror near my doorway (to the right of my bed) so that's the first place I looked, but there was nothing there. I also have a large flat screen directly in front of my bed, but the screen is the type that doesn't exactly create a reflection. I can't explain it really, but the screen isn't made out of the same highly reflective material that most newer flat screens are now. The frame surrounding the screen, however, is very reflective. I looked at the screen first and noticed nothing strange, mainly because it casts no reflection of course. However, I experienced the most bone-chilling feeling when I raised my gaze towards the reflective frame just above the screen. I even jumped when I saw it--a gray face, with empty, dark eye sockets staring back at me. I looked away as fast I had seen it and looked back, only to find it still staring back at me. Keep in mind the lights were on, so I was able to see the face quite well.

I tried to ignore it, but was so overcome with fear that I had to keep checking, only to find the reflection intact. I moved around, assuming it could have been a warped, strange reflection of myself, but it stayed the same. I looked all around the room for something that could have resembled the face on the TV, but nothing matched it. I desperately tried to blame the cause of the reflection on items around the room, but nothing convinced me. I just had to spend another night in fear that I was being watched again.

The next morning I saw the reflection still, so by then I really just thought that an object in the room most definitely had to be the cause of the reflection. However, in the afternoon I went back to check, and the reflection was gone. At first I thought nothing of it, and went along with my day. But at night again, as afraid as I was to look back at the TV, the reflection was still nowhere to be found. I think that's what scared me more than anything, that the reflection changed, yet the arrangement of everything in the room had not.

Whether something from the creepy motel decided to come home with me, I do not know. All I really know is that I don't sleep without covering up the TV first.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dreamweaver3450, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-31)
Do you know of any family member or friend who might have passed away around the time you have this experiences?
I personally do not think a spirit would follow you from the hotel to your house, but are more inclined to think that someone was trying to get your attention... Perhaps to say good-bye?
jesselynn1027 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-31)
dreamweaver3450,

Very interesting story! Spirits can hide in mirrors and reflective things in order to show themselves, it's really weird, but that's what they do. I've come in counter with a spirit of a child that could only show himself in mirrors or behind the special windows you put in bathrooms. It almost is their weakness. It is also very likely that the spirit followed you home, he/she might find comfort in you. If they're not doing any harm to you, I really wouldn't worry about it. Just keep yourself calm when you see it, spirits often will use the fear and anxiety to feed off of and make their refection stronger. Pay no mind to it, and it should go away because it has no energy to thrive off of. I hope this helps!

Have a great day 😊 JesseLynn ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: