You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Huge Shadow Being Toying With Me

Real Ghost Stories

Huge Shadow Being Toying With Me

 

This experience happened to me, 4 years ago. In Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

This occurred in the duplex, and here's a description. There were 4 bedrooms each that could be entered from the long hallway. My oldest son's room was directly across from the living room, diagonal was my middle and youngest sons' room, then diagonal from there's was my daughters room, and across from hers was my room. At the very end of the hallway was the full bathroom.

Late nights I clean, as I see it easier to do so since I have four young children running around during the day, and early evenings. This particular night, I decided to do some extra cleaning.

After I put the kids to bed, and my husband was out for the night, hanging with some friends of his. I figured great idea, mop and scrub the floors while I had the chance.

I kept the hallway light on, because I had taken out the light bulb in my daughter's room. She never played nor slept in there. I was in her room scrubbing the floor (hard tile floors throughout), when I felt a strong cold breeze run through her room. I stopped, thinking it was my husband coming through the front door. Although it being such a long duplex and that effect never happened before, I still figured it was.

I stood up and walked into the hallway, as there was a clear view of the front door. I called out for him, no answer. I walked to the front door and it was still locked. From here I can see the entire kitchen and living room. It was empty. He wasn't home.

So I go back to scrubbing the floor in my daughter's room. About 5 minutes later I hear feet shuffling down the hallway coming in my direction, so I call out to my kids, no answer. I get up once again and head toward the rooms they were sleeping in. All were still in the same position they had fallen asleep. I'm starting to feel a little creeped out at this point.

Once again I go back to trying to finish the job on the floor. My back was turned towards the hallway, and I looked up because something had blocked the light being cast in the room. On the wall in front of me, a huge shadow was standing there. I immediately froze. Shocked as to how huge this shadow was!

I turn around still on my hands and knees and immediately the light filled the room again. I get up and run into the hallway, then to the bathroom directly to my right, nothing. I check my room, nothing. But at that moment I froze, it felt as though whatever this was, was angry or pissed. I could feel that, still thinking about it I can.

Now the hallway lights were so high we had to use a step ladder to put other bulbs in once they blew out. And that occurred often.

Anyhow, I waited for my husband to come home, and he returned a few hours later. I asked him had he been home a few hours before, and his answer was no.

A few other things about this duplex, my husband and I only slept in our room once due to a strong feeling of being watched. My daughter never slept or played in her room. She said she could feel someone in there with her. Our pet Yorkie, never set foot in our room unless I was in there with him, and he never walked around the place alone.

My oldest son told me a few days after moving in, he had heard pots and pans moving around in the kitchen, along with whispers and the water turning on by itself. Needless to say he didn't want to sleep alone. Even during the day, the hallway had a dark malevolent feeling to it.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kayraa (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
wow sounds like there were more than one spirit there.

I don't know how you managed to keep your cool. I would have stopped the cleaning as soon as I heard the shuffling. Probably ran out of there kids in tow after the shadow.

You are a braver woman than me, that's for sure 😁
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-19)
Maggie,

Nice work on the postings! 😊

I like how you have a link to it.

Good work!

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-15)
Hi spiritwaiting,
Your story almost made me jump when you said you saw a shadow in front of you... I just thought for a moment that I was in that situation...
And just want to inform you that I have posted some of your stories in my facebook page with your permission.
Https://www.facebook.com/meghnaroy13/?ref=bookmarks
Here is the link... Please do have a look.
Takecare

Regards
Meghna
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
jjuineseun, It does doesn't it! I'm not sure how many were at the duplex, but from what I gather there were two. They definitly liked to spook all of us. Thank for reading and your comment made me laugh. Thanks for that to. 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
cakelehde, great suggestin! Wine sounds great. I have dealt with spirits since an early age, so that was nothing. Its still scary in a small way, but I have literally grown to just accept the spirits that come around. And thank sooo much for reading and leaving an awesome comment. 😊
cakelehde (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-04)
Well my first problem with this story is your husbands gone, kids are in bed and you're cleaning? I would suggest a celebratory glass of wine and a movie. JK. Spooky story. I would have packed up the kids and been out of there though being the scaredy cat I am.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
[at] shlain, at that point in my life I literally had dealt with many spirits. I will admit it terrified me, but having four children nothing stops me from protecting them somehow. Which meant to go look. I believe whatever it was had followed my family from "the purple house". My kids name the house. When I cleansed the place the bigger incidents stopped but, there still was a feeling of being followed and watched. And thanks sooo much for reading. 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
[at] swimsinfire, lol yes I did, a small cleansing in the duplex. Although it seemed to make the vibe of the house worse. And yes I was extremely upset, that my daughter was terrified to sleep in her own room. I also noticed when lit candles the vibe would deminish for just a little while.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
It sounds like a spirit party is at your house. So what did you guys do after that? I remember, in another post, your daughter was afraid to go in her room. That would just make me mad. Did you guys do a cleansing? Love your stories.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
Spiritwaiting, firstly, kudos to you for being brave to go check things out. The spirit would have had me at the shuffling noises coming towards me. I'm such a chicken!

Did anything else happen while there and did you ask your kids about it anytime after that? Please tell me whatever was there stayed there?!

Thanks for sharing ❤
jjuineseun (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
Wow it sounds like there's activity in many parts of your house... Wonder how and where you can sleep 😭

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: