You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Did We Release A Demon?

Real Ghost Stories

Did We Release A Demon?

 

When I was around the age of 15, me and a bunch of my friends were sleeping over at my house. One of my friends, Katilynn, was curious about what would happen if we messed with an Ouija board. So we got one out of my basement that had been there since I was born. We read and followed the instructions, but something weird started happening when the board started shaking. We all screamed and ran away from the board, and it suddenly flew up and nearly hit me on my head. We were home alone that night so no one noticed the commotion. Glasses were flying off their shelves, dishes hit the floor, tables and chairs were flipped over, and we were all so scared. Thankfully, it stopped about 20 minutes later. And I had just realized something: We had released a demon.

It was about 2 years later when the demon attacked again. I was lying in bed one night with my bedroom door open and suddenly, out of nowhere, the door slammed shut. I got out of bed and opened the door again, looked outside to where the hallway was connected, and nothing was there. I shut the door again and went to bed.

Another year later, and I moved out of the house. But I believe the demon followed me. When I was still unpacking, some of the boxes tipped over when I wasn't touching anything. It kept opening and slamming doors, and I was repeatedly hearing footsteps and something falling over. I tried ignoring it, and it went away for a couple months.

It was the last straw when it was terrifying my 4 year old. This happened a couple weeks ago when my little 4 year old boy kept asking me about the "glowing red eyes watching him while he slept". I also heard him scream in the middle of the night and I ran into his room. He was shaking and kept on saying "that thing is scaring me". I talked to a priest and he tossed holy water all over mine and my child's room. He also read a couple verses out of the Bible. The demon went away, but I'm terrified that that thing will come back. I still pray at night hoping it will never come back.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fallenangel1224, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

funeralmass (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-28)
Communication through oija boards is generally a bad idea even for those experienced with such things. Believe me when I say that you are almost never communicating with what you think you are. Whatever you contact will say anything and claim to be anyone in order to get you to keep the lines of communication open. That is exactly the opportunity it's waiting for and some of those entities can make your life hell on earth. Toying with things you don't understand can have serious repercussions for you and those around you. For God's sake be careful. 😲
jesyka1234 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-14)
well the beginning makes it sound like more of a poltergeist but the red eyes could mean it is malevolent and in that case it could be a demon. But from what you described it doesn't sound like its done anything to hurt you other than scaring you. Maybe try talking to it with the ouiji board again and asking it if its from the sun (good) or moon (bad) and this time when you finish the session be sure to say goodbye. And if you are sure its a demonic presence you can always cut the board into seven peices and bury it. Placing salt around the burial site. Maybe even some holy water if you want to.
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
First of all,
I love this story. But please note if you read the instructions you would know to say goodbye before you leave the board.

Second of all, I know you were scared and ran off so I can't rant about how you left with out closing the portal.

Charlotte:)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Veronica: You may notice that your posts are disappearing. We highly frown upon spamming in the comments threads, but there is a solution to this. At the top of the page, you'll see a link that says "Contact". This link will allow you to discuss with our Administrator, Martin, about having a space on the home page in the announcements section.

Please stop posting in our members' comments threads. Thank you! 😊
Veronika (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Hello,

I think your story is fascinating. I am working on a television show about people who have had encounters with demons. I wonder if you would be interested in sharing your story on camera. Our production company is based in Toronto, Canada. We have produced shows for the History Network, Discovery Channel and National Geographic.

I would love to answer all your questions and tell you more about our project,

I hope to hear from you soon

Veronika Tkach

Casting Director

Boxing Cat Productions

Veronikatkach (at sign) hotmail.com
glesgaboy (24 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
Folks, Ouija boards are dangerous! I strongly recommend that those curious should stay just that, curious.
Don't mess with it.
When I was younger I did with two friends. I had no board but instead used a painted table, cut out letters and a glass.
The experience I had was not a nice one. It bothered all of us profoundly for years afterwords.
We were "contacted" by something claiming to be Satan.
We mocked it and the glass we were using flew violently off the table. I picked it up ad tried to replace it. When I did, it pulled my hand, and only my hand, so I know my friends were not playing games, to spell out the word SACRIFICE. It scared us to no end. We never touched it again.
Strangely enough I was visited, by coincidence, by Mormons at my home about a week later. I told them of my experience. They advised to stay away from it and said they would pray for me. I appreciated the visit. It was small comfort but it still bothered me for years afterwords.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
[at] fallenangel1224, I'm actually scared for you. Ok when you played with the board, did you ever go back to retrieve it and try to close the session? And I'm going to ask the same question as valikcry, What did your parents think about all the broken dishes etc.? I'm not sure if it was truly the same demon or entity that has been bothering you. But definitly an angry spirit or one that wants attention is around you. Have you ever thought you may be a sensitive and are attracting spirits to you? Good luck in the future, and great story
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
fallen,
I can't help but feel you left something out of your Ouija board description. You say you read and followed the instructions when the board began shaking. Had you already attempted to make contact? Was the board in use? During the commotion, did you not try to flee the house? What about the aftermath? How did you explain the mess and broken items?
Another thing I don't understand is how a 4 year old (or anyone) know that glowing red eyes watched them as they slept? 🤔 In any event I don't think the 2 experiences are related. Just stay aware and if need be have the blessing repeated.
angela_maria97 (14 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
first off... You guys seem like you have no brains using a Ouija board and also I really do not believe this story because you went from getting the Ouija board to the board shaking and things flying for 20 minutes and all you and your friends did was stand there not even get out the house... I would have believed it more if you would have told us what you asked the board and stuff also with your kid if you were a smart parent he minute he told you about the eyes you should have done something reason because you know when you were a kid you let out a demon I mean come on think about this before you put it on here... 😐
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
I'm wondering, you said no one was home but your sleepover friends to notice the commotion, but did'nt anyone notice the broken table ware that you discribe? And yes, ouijia boards open portals to everything, so you should open and close them properly. But I think they just should not be used. But I'm wondering about the classic ouijia board flew up and hit me story, could be wrong. Generaly, when apriest does a house blessing, it stays cleansed unless you want differently.
_LalaBesos_ (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
I agree. Using a ouiji board you have to actually use it before anything comes out. This thing has probably been waiting for it's chance or a perfect moment to bother you. May God be with you & your son.
Rozemaiden (12 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
You may indeed have attracted a demon to you, but it didn't come from the Ouija board. Those boards are simply communication tools for those spirits that are ALREADY in the general vicinity. It didn't come out of the board... But it might have been attracted to what was going on during that night.

I strongly suggest having your home and yourself blessed by a member of your chosen religious clergy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: