You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hospital Carer And False Alarm?

Real Ghost Stories

Hospital Carer And False Alarm?

 

The Nun at the Hospital

This is an experience that happened to an aunt of mine while she was pregnant with her second daughter. I believe, if I remember correctly, she was in hospital due to feeling unwell and the doctors insisted she stay a few days just to be safe.

She was lying in a ward room that had only 2 beds in it and, much to her satisfaction, she was alone. This room was down a long passage and around the corner to the right - I remember, because we visited her.

She was lying on her side facing the door when, in her half asleep/half awake state, saw a tall figure dressed in a nun's habit walk in and to the end table next to her bed. For some reason she did not see this as odd. Perhaps it was due to her exhaustion. She saw this person walk around the bed to the other side. She closed her eyes for a brief moment and when she opened them the figure was gone.

It was only the next day that she thought about this and found it strange, because the nurses at the hospital wore blue uniforms. It took her a moment or two to realise what had happened and even though she felt no malice from this entity, she was still a bit creeped out.

********************

False Alarm?

This is just an experience we've had at our house, but the two incidents could be unrelated. A few months ago we had this terrible problem with our alarm system that would keep going off in the middle of the night and also during the day when we're at work.

It started off as our alarm going off at night. Now I'm sure those of you who have alarm systems knows exactly how loud those things can be. I'd swear you could hear it from 2 blocks away.

Being frightened there's an intruder, we would wait for the alarm company to call to inform us the armed response guys are on their way. The caller would on more than one occasion tell us that the trigger came from within our garage. Our alarm sensors are pet friendly, but once the coast is clear, we would go into the garage to make sure that the window in there is closed and none of the cats got in and jumped on the car triggering the alarm. The window is always closed for safety reasons.

Then it started happening while we were at work, always around 12:00 AM. Since we are not there we will wait for the operator to phone us back informing us of intruders or not. I think it was the 4th time this happened, but we got a call from the alarm company saying that our front door is wide open, but that the security guys can't get in because of the gates (we have two safety gates in front plus the front door itself that gets locked). I rushed home frantically thinking someone got in through one of the bedroom windows (despite all our windows having Spanish bars on them) and was trying to get out through the front door. I got there. Door closed and latched. I was incredibly angry and phoned the alarm company lodging a complaint against the security guys for falsely informing us. The operator called back saying both the security guys are adamant that the door was wide open and that they still called out to see if someone was inside.

Considering that I've always felt like something was walking around the house at night, it did cross my mind that perhaps this could be related.

Well, we no longer have that problem, but the business that is around the corner from us has their alarms triggered each night around 12PM and much to the chagrin of the owner who has to come out each time it's triggered to look around for forcible entries.

Other hauntings by Shlain

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shlain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Misspants12 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
From the way its moved to round the corner I think it was a cheeky spirit!
Have you tried setting up a camera in your garage?
I know you said it hasn't happened in a while but just on the off chance he gets bored and comes back, You might be able to see what is causing it. My parents had a similar problem when I was living with them, their motion detectors would go off early in the morning around 4-5ish. The cameras didn't detect anything physical but there were a few orbs floating by the camera seconds before the alarms went off! My dad put it down to coincidence and a faulty censor so he just turned them off at night and kept a bat by the bed!
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
Swimsinfire, elfstone810

The hospital is quite old. I haven't done research into the building but the nurses back in the day used to wear nuns habits. I agree though that it is most likely a residual haunting rather than intelligent.

As for our alarm triggering visitor I'm just glad not to wake up in a frenzy at night due to the blaring alarm.

Thanks for commenting
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-03)
Elfstone810,

That's a good way to put it! Lol

If its intention was to get us worked up it worked! I'm just relieved that its not happening by us anymore. Now watch, just because I said this its going to start up again! 😁
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
Right, a ghost with a sense of humor could be worse than a fearfull one. He got a rise out of you. Now he's bored, so he tries the guys down the street. How can you get rid of something like that? I would think the nun is a residual haunting, her energy just going about her business. Thanks for the post.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
What's the history of the hospital, do you know? Were there ever nursing sisters there?

As to the alarms going off, it certainly sounds like something is messing with you. There's a lot to suggest that ghosts thrive on energy. Perhaps one has discovered that triggering the alarm is a good way to get you all worked up. Kind of like your fear and apprehension and annoyance is giving it a shot of espresso?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: