You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Figures In The Back Yard

Real Ghost Stories

Black Figures In The Back Yard

 

This didn't take place too long ago, so I remember all of it quite well to tell the truth. This is not fake in anyway but I don't know if it was just the moon playing tricks on my eyes or if I really saw what I saw.

Before I start I'll tell you just a bit about myself. I'm fifteen years old, and I live in a small town on the coast of North Carolina. I live alone with my Grandma and my puppy Doodle.

In my family's past we have had few family members who have spoken to ghosts and helped people talk to ones who have passed on but I don't know if that has anything to do with me. And one piece of information I think I should include is in the past few weeks we have had a lot of deaths in our town: girl killing herself, man killing himself and his son, heart attacks and old age, and more that I can't think of. That's why I say it may have just been a figment of my imagination but here we go.

A few nights ago I was letting my puppy outside to go to the bathroom, it was a little past midnight and I was the only one awake that I could tell. I was out in our backyard waiting for him to want to come in. Now our backyard is big we have a small forest like place in the very back with bushes and pine trees and then a plant where they make cigarettes, and then around the side's and back of the house woods surround us, but back to the experience.

I was looking down towards the forest part when I saw two black figures near the trees. It looked like they were talking, moving around like when you see someone having a fight but I didn't hear anything. So I stepped down onto the grass and started to walk forward. My heart was racing cause I had no idea what this was, were they real people? If so, would they hurt me? By the time I got halfway there, though, the figures were gone. Soon as I saw that I ran back to the back porch grabbed my puppy and got inside.

I have no idea what this was but I'd like feedback.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, IttyBittyKitty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

IttyBittyKitty (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-02)
[at] H2olily - Thanks, I suppose

[at] valkircry and Sparkie- Not close ones at all, the forest it's self is not very deep, a couple of tall trees and bushes as for if night watchmen? No they close around 5pm and their are no watchmen out there, see the thing is no one would try and come into our yard, my uncle who lives close, meaning the same yard has dogs that would bark.

And for the rest, the fact being that I can't take my puppy out anymore he died back in November, so I have not been out past midnight anymore just in fright that something could happen with him not being there we me but thank you for the feedback, I do not know what it was but It scared me, I mean I have had other things like seeing a black figure in my room, or having a dream of a pale white face, plus many other weird dreams or nightmares but thank you for reading.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Yes, you are very brave Itty Bitty. I'm sure it was something supernatural.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Itty,
I'm not sure I can add much to the advice you've already received. From your description I gather you have no close neighbors. You make no mention how deep this small forest is between your yard and the cigarette factory, so I wonder if it is possible you saw maybe two of the night watchmen/workers?
I do understand why you went towards them. It's unsafe, and not too smart to do so, but I've been known to do the same thing. Sometimes, logic takes a backseat to curiosity. (Just trying to get a better look or something.)
I don't think this is related to the deaths in your town, and since it was just the one time, I wouldn't worry much. What you might try to do to check it out a bit more, is go out in the backyard at midnight a few times, ideally under the same weather conditions (same moon phase, clear/cloudy skies, etc.) and see if you see the same thing again. If it was slightly windy it may have been tree shadows at play. Now IF you do see 'people' out there? Call the cops. They're trained to spot indicators that will tell them if someone had actually been there.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Hi IttyBittyKitty, I am on the fence about this experience. But as others advised, it is better not to venture in the night when you see strangers all alone, for your security.

And I feel that what you saw has got nothing to do with the deaths in your town.

With only a solitary sighting and experience, it is difficult to give any further opinion on your encounter. But still you can make some inquiries in your neighbourhood and speak your friends living in the vicinity and if they have sighted similar encounters, you can post it to us. It will give more credence to what you saw and to brand it as paranormal. Without any further information, it is difficult to classify it as paranormal. But I don't say that what you saw is not paranormal. However, try to find out and investigate and let us know.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
We all here have seen plenty of shadow people. So were with you on the posibility. But why couldn't it have just been two people moving around fighting? It happens sometimes that guys do that for a minute, think better, quit and leave, yeah? Did your puppy react? Dogs are good indicators. And of course, please don't do that again. Lock the door and call a cop.
Sparkie (6 stories) (30 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
Personally, in my opinion, it could have been a number of things. Not just of the paranormal stance. For one, don't approach strangers even if you don't if it's real or your imagination. If it is/was actual people, they could have been armed. Maybe look up information on the area that you live in if you truly believe it's paranormal. I live in the neighboring state of Tennessee and right where my house is, there was a old Civil War medical camp set up for confederate soldiers which could explain a lot of my experiences. Maybe it could explain what you witnessed.
Just be careful next time if you see "them" again. Grab your puppy, go inside, and lock the doors. If you think you're really in harm, I advise you to call the police to come and check out the area because you believe there is intruders on the property.
I hope you find out what it really was though 😲
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
[at] IttyBittyKitty, I believe this could have been a residual haunting. Just a replay of something passed. Have you witnessed it again since posting the story? I agree with Lady-glow I don't think it had anything to do with those deaths in your town. And Bad Juu Juu and lady-glow bring up great points and advice. Thanks for writing your story. 😊
Misspants12 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
Maybe next time you let Doodle out take a torch and don't approach strangers! Phone the police if you want someone to investigate. Have you been out in the day to see if anything was caught in the trees? My dog will bark at strangers or other animals when they are in the garden, did doodle notice the people or just you? Could it have been animals fighting? Would you normally be able to hear them from where you were standing?

I have seen a similar thing in my garden, it's not as big as yours sounds but we do have a 7 foot fence round the parameter which you can see through the few big trees and bushes at the bottom. Once I let my 2 dogs out and I saw what I thought was a man crouched eating something in front of the fence, the dogs didn't notice so I thought it was my imagination. I called them in anyway and an hour later they wanted to go back out, I grabbed the flash light from under the sink and took it with me. The shadow was still there nearly twice the size of my German shepherd and man shaped! I flashed the light towards it and It seemed to change shape into a tiny mangy fox no bigger than a cat and came strolling towards me. What scared me was my dogs chase animals because they like to play with everything and bark at foxes when they even come close to the house but they just didn't notice this fox at all. In fact they run straight past it to get back into the house. I still don't know what the shape was but I like to think it was just a fox.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
You say that they were moving around like 2 people fighting? Can you explain what you mean by this? Also, did you hear anything? Did they make any noises, etc?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
I personally do not think that any of the deaths that happened in your town have anything to do with the figures you saw, unless some one died in that area.
Perhaps two people dressed in black were there to no good and got surprised seen you. What makes me agree with BadjuuJuu and advice you not to approach strangers.

Be careful, they could come back.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-05)
Tough to say what you may have seen, I'm going to ask some questions to try to get a better idea of your experience.
What did these figures look like? Human? Male or female? Tall or short? Were they close enough to the trees to have gotten under them quickly? Any chance they could have just been shadows?
And now, the obligatory lecture. If you think there are strangers in your yard in the middle of the night, do not approach them. Get inside, lock the doors. There are some seriously unhinged people out there. Don't risk it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: