You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Fairy Lights And Black Mass

Real Ghost Stories

Fairy Lights And Black Mass

 

As a child around the ages of 4 until 9, I would wake up early in the morning and I would always hear whispering in a different language, giggling, a buzzing feeling in my chest. I would also see shades of blue, yellow and green blinking lights. I told my family and they said they were fairies or pixies. I was a massive believer in fairies.

One day, I was outside and I felt a soft gentle presence behind me. I turned around and I could see this black mass the size of a full grown man. It was so weird because most of the black masses that I meet are all mean, horrible, vicious! But this mass in front of me is black with blue, yellow and green little blinking lights fading in and out constantly. I heard my dogs growling and barking from the porch.

I heard my nana yell out my name and the mass quickly disappeared. I told my nana what happened and she told me that I was daydreaming it. I saw it with my own 2 eyes and my dogs reacted to it.

It always appeared when I'm about to sleep, when I wake up to go to the toilet, or when I was outside. When the mass appeared the atmosphere would be really cold, it would feel like standing in the freezer.

As I grew older, it didn't appear as much when I was 4, any idea what it was? It still bugs me because I do still see green, yellow, blue lights fading in and out just before I go to bed.

I also had bruises always appearing the same place. It was either under my rib bones or around my wrist. You know those bruises people get when they have been tied by something around their wrist. I always got those bruises where it was a really deep purple.

I would like to know if there is any explanations to what this mass was? Any ideas?

Thanks

Other hauntings by BattleScars

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BattleScars, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
You say you felt this shadow was gentle? I suppose that's a good sign, but if its an elemental I wonder why it appeared to you though...
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
I thought maybe an earth wight. It's purely intuition that can discern between an elemental or a ghost... The difference being that ghosts were human once or are a replay of some human event, but elementals never were human. In my experience, elementals have a feeling of wild, lush and inhuman energy about them. Ghosts don't. Most ghosts and spirits I have encountered feel decidedly human in their presence... Usually with some residual emotional energy to boot... Mostly a melancholy. Elementals feel very free by comparison... Even the dark, creepy ones aren't so much evil, just more like their sense of logic and morality is very far removed from ours. Like dealing with a child or a wild animal. The only time I have known an elemental to be scary or unhelpful is when a place sacred to them is not being respected by humans. Sometimes they are the guardians of a place and something as simple as blundering through their hood with the wrong intention can make them mad (there is one at a huge waterfall near where I live and it's terrifying there after dark... So I shake my nature loving bootie outta there upon dusk:))
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
Thank you:) I agree with your comments, I think it could be an elemental, but what do you think of the black mass?

BattleScars
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Loves faeries... Sigh. In some Scandinavian folklore they say the sacred flesh of Odin was eaten by maggots when he was cut down from the Yggdrasil tree. The maggots that fell to earth became the dark elves, like earth elementals. The others became the light elves, sylphs, elements of the air. Pretty story:)
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Sounds like an elemental. My aunt used to see little tinker bell lights in her garden at night when she was a little girl living in England. When she came to Australia she saw the same kind of thing, but they were little shadowy shapes in the rocks instead of lights.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Ok the black mass could possibly a shadow being. Not to sure about fairies. What I mean is I need to read up and learn more about fairies. Have you asked anyone in the home with you about them possibly experiencing the same things? Maybe, besides your nana have had similar occurences. I'm sure though there will be someone whom knows more about that than I. Hope they are able to help. Good story. And best of luck, stay safe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: