You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It Looked Like My Brother And It Was Not My Brother

Real Ghost Stories

It Looked Like My Brother And It Was Not My Brother

 

This is a little strange. I was a young adult at the time this happened. I was visiting entering the gate to my mother's house to visit. Well, when I was on the outside of the yard, I saw what I thought was my little brother looking at me. I waved at him, and said hello, from a distance form the gate. He kind of looked at me, tilted his head a little, like he was almost curious as to who I was, like he could have recognized my, but did not. It was a strange look. It was not the reaction I was expecting to say the least.

I walked into the gate, and it took about eight seconds to get to my mother's front door. I opened it, and saw my little brother, the one I thought I just seen entering my mother's side door, laying on the couch, snoring. I was shocked! I mean, I could have sworn I just seen him, seconds ago.

I ended up puzzled. I woke him up, and asked him if he was at the side of the house. He sleepily looked at me like I was crazy, and went back to sleep. It was only my mother and my brother at the house at this time. It was not her, she does not look like him for one, and two, she was not near the side of the house. Besides all of that, I seen clearly, an image that was just like my little brother's.

Anyways, he is still alive, of course. It was not HIS ghost. Who was it? I wonder this. I never did tell my family what I saw. For one, I don't want them to think I am crazy. Another reason is because I am still puzzled myself. I mean, this thing that looked just like my little brother looking at me, what was it?

Other hauntings by jennyjenn7932

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jennyjenn7932, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
kayla_lynn, being a sensitive is nothing scary. It just means you can sense spirits a little better than a person whom can't. There are all types of sensitives though. Ones who can see,hear,feel and even communicate to them. I am a sensitive whom can feel, and sense them. As a child it was scary, but have come to accept it and love it. And mommachong, explained perfectly what a doppelganger is. You can google information on it, watch t.v,shows and even look into your local library. Good luck
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Hi JennyJenn7932,
A doppleganger is a entity who mimics a living person.
jennyjenn7932 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
spirit: Idk? What a doppelganger is? It sounds scary! I am not sure what a sensitive is, but that sounds scary too! LOL I am interested in hearing more about your experiences. The supernatural is an interesting thing, especially when you are learning about other peoples experiences, etc. Thank you for your input, I am going to read up on it.

Karla, I am going to read a few of your stories in the morning, or as soon as I get a chance. It is pretty interesting that you went through a similar incident. It is pretty weird! Well to me it is, esp. When you do not have a clue as to what happened. Blessings:)
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
[at] kayla_lynn, awesome stuff! But scary. I have heard about doppelgangers and believe everyone has one.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Jennjenn, it could be a residing spirit and you happened to catch him using your brothers image. You could be a sensitive.
Kayla_Lynn (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Seeker1, that's a wonderful theory. That could have very well been the case.

Jennyjen, I too have had a similar experience. Only, my brother swore he saw me! I had just finished using the facilities and was washing my hands when my brother came around the corner. He stopped dead in his tracks and stared at me, wide eyed. His expression piqued my curiosity, so I asked him what was up. He explained to me that he'd just seen me walk out of the hallway (when entering the hallway, you're standing right in front of the bathroom) and walk into the sunroom (on the opposite side of the room). Only difference was I was wearing all black and my doppleganger was wearing all white.

STRANGE. It actually creeps me out when spirits imitate my image or voice. It makes me uncomfortable. Nevertheless, interesting story. 😉
Seeker1 (3 stories) (58 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Hi JennJenn,

It's possible what you saw was your brother's astral body, as you say he was sleeping on the couch.

Blessed Be

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: