You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: What Is Living In That House?

Real Ghost Stories

What Is Living In That House?

 

A few months ago my partner's mother was tight on cash and needed help paying the rent, so she decided to rent a room out. A couple of weeks later Jason shows up eager to rent the room. I don't live with my partner so Jason had been there for a week before I met him.

I will give you a bit of background about this house and me. The house is located in a smallish suburb of Palmerston, it's small but has a nice home feel to it. My partner Brad's Mum is divorced and decorated it to her liking so it has a nice warm feel to it. I'm a Christian and, although Brad and his mother aren't, they have never mocked my religion or tried to push me away from it nor have I tried to push it upon them.

So I come to Brad's house, he meets me outside and tells me that his Mum has finally rented the room. He was excited because he was sick of people coming to look at it. Anyway, he and I lock my car and walk up to the door. As soon as I got to the small veranda out the front I felt physically sick. I felt as though I had a huge weight piled on my shoulders. It was so bad in fact Brad had to go and get me a glass of water while I leaned on the wall. Once I had the glass of water I felt a little better and we walked inside, talking about how weird that had been.

Brad introduced me to Jason, who looked to be in his forties, not overly tall, skinny and also had no front teeth! He looked downright creepy! I told myself not to be judgmental and be polite. We shook hands and we both got goosebumps, all the hairs on both of our arms stood on end and I got a chill down my spine.

When I later told Brad, he just said that it was probably me coming down with something and that's why I felt sick going inside. So I ignored it, went home and didn't think about it again.

Everything was normal with me but things began changing for Brad in a big way. He and his mother were fighting all the time, Brad became sick nearly every week, the plants inside one by one all went brown and died. Also when Brad would come home from work at 4:00, he would sleep into sometimes 2:00 in the morning. Nothing would wake him up, he also began sleep walking.

Jason has recently shaved his head and doing this has revealed two tattoos of demons clawing at his skull. He also took of his shirt the other day revealing pentagrams and various other satanic symbols. The room in which he is in has had the windows blacked out and the door has had a dead bolt put on it. Last week there was blood on the floor of the kitchen with a trail leading to his room. I flipped when I saw this but Brad assured me that he remembers seeing him with a cut forearm.

I was still feeling ill whenever I went into the house. So my birthday comes along and Brad buys me a gold cross with little diamonds in the middle. It's gorgeous and I never take it off. I began to notice that I wasn't feeling as sick when I went to the house, I felt like the cross was protecting me against something. As soon as Jason saw the cross he ordered me to take it off and that no such thing should be worn in his house! Brad jumped in then and reminded him whose house it was, that this is a free country and he should respect my religion. He then narrowed his eyes and said, "Try the other team, it has better benefits."

I must admit this rattled me in a big way. From then on I only came around when Jason was at work or the local pub. One night Jason was supposed to go to a mates, so Brad and I were planning on staying at his and having a movie night. Jason came home blind drunk and yelling about how his life is screwed up because he sold "it"... I don't know what he meant by "it" but if "it" is what I think it is... Then he definitely is screwed. He went into his room and bolted the door. We heard yelling and smelt smoke. Brad ran to the door and pounded on it saying, "You can't smoke in here, Jason". Then everything went quiet and Brad came back to the couch.

Jason left half an hour later holding a large brown book. I looked for symbols and such like you would see in the movies although there were none and I told myself to calm down, he is just a weirdo not a satanist. I decided that I was going to go home as well, as I didn't want to see Jason in that state again. He already frightened me. So Brad walked me to my car and we stood leaning on the bonnet while he tried to convince me to stay. Then I don't know what made him look, but Brad looked towards Jason's room and in the window stood this man. He had red eyes, his hands were pressed on the glass. I don't know how either one of us were able to see it as Jason had blacked out the windows.

Brad ran inside to Jason's door and we found that he had not locked the door. I tried to convince him not to go in but he was sure someone was in the house. He opened the door and I was hit with the same feeling I got when he first moved in. This one was so strong I was bent at the hips holding my chest, the feeling of fear, hatred and dread all at once. The windows were still blacked out, but there was a table in the middle of the room, with a black table cloth nothing else on it. As Brad went to open the cupboard door the light turned on and off rapidly until it blew. I yelled at him to come out and he ran to me and we both sat in my car until his Mum got home.

I don't know what happened in there, but as soon as I was outside I felt relieved. I haven't been able to bring myself back to that house. Brad is still there and sicker than ever, but because he is a smoker the doctors are just putting it down to the smoking. I want to get him out of there or at least get rid of Jason. We can't afford to get our own place being so young and my father would never let him stay with us. (He makes him sleep in my brother's room whenever he is over) Dad is old school...

I'm looking for help on this one guys. Jason is still in that house. I'm afraid for Brad, I want to warn him but it's so difficult to talk about your faith to someone who doesn't believe!

Other hauntings by AussieChick95

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AussieChick95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pebbles_Keeper (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
Shlain
I have a copy of Aleister Crowley's book 'Magick'. I've had it since 17 and am now in my 40's so too late to worry about the negative of owning it.
I actually only bothered to try and read it properly last year.
I didn't finish it. Crowley descends into making no sense and the general feeling of evilness and negativity made me feel that just by reading it I was opening the door to something bad. 😢
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-18)
Great news guys!
Jason has been given until the end of the month to move out!

Last Friday night Brad come home late (Jason was already home) as Brad walked by Jason's car his eye caught the shine of the street light bouncing off a needle. He opened his car door (Jason never locks it) and found multiple others (I checked with him he didn't touch any thank goodness)
Brad stormed inside and Jason was drugged up to the eyeballs. Brad rang his mother who was away at the time explained the situation and told her that he has to go!

She agreed and gave him notice the next morning...!
I couldn't be happier... I just pray that he doesn't got to a house with children or young teens as he is defiantly bad news...

Thank-you everyone for your support and words of wisdom xx 😲
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
I just finished reading everyone's comments. It is really getting bad when a lady who has accepted her son's girlfriend (even with a different believe system than hers) turns against you. Something is really bad. Like BJJ and others have mentioned, use your religion to protect yourself, partner, and his mom but with them use it subtly. Like one of the posters mentioned, you can bless a quartz (or something similar) and give it to your partner and his mom as presents as a way of protecting them.

Also, you don't have to bring religion into the topic when speaking with your partner and his mother. You can bring it up as a real estate issue. I actually talked to my cousin who is a real estate agent and said that the value of a home can go down if there are any damages that are done to the house for example blacking of the windows. The way you described the window where Jason is renting, I take it that it faces the front of the house. So that means that people passing the house will see the window. If anyone ever decides to rent or buy the house at a later time, they will definitely talk to the neighbours at which time, they will come to know about the window and the weird things that have been going on in the house and about Jason's ways.

Now I know real estate rules varies among countries but the basics are the same (I believe) so you can use this information. Also, if you know your partner and his mom's lawyer, then you can talk to him or her about getting rid of Jason legally. Also, you can use your partner's doctor to bring Brad outside of the house for a little while at a time (like for a couple of days), even if it means Brad has to sleep in your brother's room. I think if you explain to your father what your intentions are, I think he will be more than willing to help you, even though, as you say, "He's old school".

What I'm saying is the more people who get to help you take out Jason, the better. Because apparently, doing so yourself isn't helping. Also, doing so in numbers means that you don't have the fear in helping Brad and his mom alone.
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
Thank-you groovyghoulie for your support:)

Hello notjustme, Yes I saw this thing in the window, Brad doesn't think that it's anything spiritual he continues to choose the logical explanations... But he is running out of them...

Brad and I are currently on a break, as he feels that he isn't moving ahead with anything and would like to take a few weeks to sort his life out. We are still good friends, and plan on getting back together when he has sorted a few personal things. He regularly takes me out to dinner and picnics and I have to say spending some time away from him, has made me see how much he really has changed for the worse... He is moody, sick and often breaks out into coughing fits... Last week he began coughing and couldn't stop... So bad that I rushed him to the bathroom and made him sit in a hot shower hoping the steam would help... His mother doesn't see what my problem is, and has turned against me...

I want everyone to know that I'm not blaming Jason for everything bad that has happened, I just feel that a lot of it wouldn't be happening if he wasn't there... Thanks for the support everyone xx
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
Aussiechick95- holy crap! This sounds like a seriously messed up situation. Even if he didn't sell his soul, he's got some issues and I don't think it's safe to continue letting him live there. HAve you guys told Brad's mom about everything that has happened? He is obviously trying to attract evil to the home and harming your loved ones. Kick him out!
Did you see the man with the red eyes too?
what does brad think of all this? And the light flickering...hmm... Well the demanding of removing your cross, crossed the line already! And i'm not even christian. I hope you guys work this out, and I wish you safety and love. Keep us posted! Thanks for sharing. -Notjustme
Groovieghoulie (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
Evict him... Get him the h*** out of that house... Cleanse the house, spritually. Have priest come and bless the house... Holy water... But what ever you do GET HIM OUT... Seems like he is draining your friend Brad possible psychic vampire? Seriously, it also sounds like he is messing with the other side where really bad things dwell and just wait for a passage into this world of ours... I am afraid for Brad, for you and for his mother.
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-11)
Haha, that's actually a pretty good joke:)

Yeah his Mum doesn't care what he does as long as he pays the rent and doesn't break anything in the house... Its really frustrating. Thanks heaps for all the support guys xoxo
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-11)
Hi AusieChick,
What is the mothers feelings towards this guy? Does she want him out too, Or is she ok with him being there?

In the mean time until you get your chain fixed, you can pray to Jesus to give you extra protection before you go to the house, and also protect you from the creep. Usually works for me.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Hey, did you hear about the dyslexic satanist? He sold his soul to Santa:P... Just a little fave joke of mine to cheer you up, Aussie chick x
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
:) take that chain to a jeweller and don't read into it, ok? Swastika ink now, too? A white supremacist satan worshiper, how utterly original of him (not really;)) cheer up blossom, none if my boyfriends mothers have ever taken me very seriously on what I believe... Maybe it goes with the territory:)
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of the advice I will be reading up on it tonight, Unfortunately the chain on my cross necklace broke and I'm left feeling vulnerable. Brad began to question why I would wait outside for him and not come in. So one night I just told him everything and how I felt, he took it really well and told me although he doesn't feel the same way that he respects my beliefs. He spoke to his mother about it and she thinks I'm stark raving mad.

All in all he is still in the house, I only go in when he isn't home, 3 nights ago as I was getting my things to leave he walked in and was bragging to Brad about his new Tattoo which is the Nazi Swastika... This got Brad quiet upset as he is a history buff and has had family in both world wars including his father who was in Vietnam... I also got mad because I'm in the same boat with the family history (except my Dad being in Vietnam) I asked him if he knew what it meant and he laughed and told me to just give up...
I stormed out as did Brad...

I will continue to fight against him as I truly believe what is said in the bible that every knee shall bow in the name of Jesus. I know that with God on my side I will get rid of this feral man...

I'll keep you updated guys xx Thanks for all of the support...
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Shlain... That's great that you have a sense of caution. A sense of caution will make you act discerningly and without arrogance. Arrogance is an open invitation for trouble where the paranormal is concerned:) and some of the most interesting things I have read on this site are in the thread that follows. It's great for considering all spectrums of thought that branch out from the original post... I'd love it if someone would hijack my thread when my stories get posted:) I'd love for Aussie chick to chime in here, any time:)
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Nectarvore,

Oh trust me its purely for the sake of knowledge. I'm far too chicken to actually dabble in it. Not keeping books of that nature in the house is something I'm well aware of. A friend of mine was interested in witchcraft - also solely for the sake of knowledge - and when she moved to England she asked me to keep a few books for her. One of them was a book on Wicca. I know Wicca isn't evil but the idea of witchcraft literally gave me nightmares about the book in the closet. I got rid of it. No more nightmares.

PS: sorry Ausiechick for hijacking your thread ❤
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Also, it's more than likely a fascination with demonology and a lust for power that calls the critters in. A lot of people who are interested in that lower astral knowledge knowingly or unknowingly want these beings around. Kind of like having a creepy pet like a tarantula or something... Lol. The pursuit of knowledge for knowledge sake is very different to to investing your energy into a belief system and immersing your identity in it. I hope this helps x
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Shlain... I feel it's all about intention. Personally, I wouldn't keep any books or texts on satanism in my home when I had finished studying them, for that reason, it's just not a warm and fuzzy thing to have laying around. I sense lower astral and demonic entities become attached to people studying the darker arts because vibrationally, that's where these folk are at. All the universe is comprised of energy, so it's the intention that defines how that energy shapes itself. I don't think there is any harm in studying anything, as long as your intention is clear and your remain energetically clear in your search. Especially if you require knowledge in order to help or guide others, you will remain protected. These are only my opinions, I know some people would passionately differ... Christianity says that to open oneself up to any knowledge as such is to stray from the higher path. I, however wasn't Christian so I was never bound by that set of beliefs.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
I want to second what Badjuujuu said. The creep has more than earned himself an eviction notice without bringing religion into it.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
Nectarvore,

I'm interested -and have been for a while- in reading up on satanism as well for the same reasons you did when younger. However, I am afraid. Did you have any negative experiences while doing this? Usually they say paying attention to something of that nature causes attention to be drawn to you.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
Aussiechick95,

The A-hole! The problem I'm seeing here is if he walks around thinking its his house then I'm sure he invites in whatever forces into "his" place and welcomes it. He doesn't have to be a full blown satanist for this. His intentions could be enough.

What did Brad's mother say about the cross incident (him telling you to take it off)? Does she have any problems with Jason?

I understand your fear about going back to the house, but it seems like you have the power to do something regardless of your religion.

This feeling you felt when you first went to the house, it was there before Jason? I'm just trying to confirm. If it was there before him it gives me the idea that it was waiting for him.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
Bringing up the religious aspect is a touchy one. However you probably should talk to both your boyfriend and mother together. Your boyfriend can validate any thing said or done. But I would tell her that he has targeted you based on your religious beliefs. If you think he might attack or hurt someone you might want to authorities for assistance.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
Thank you Nectarvore
I am no longer afraid of any battle. As you have said I have been directing my energy into doing good, positive and trying to make the world a better place.
I had been doing the P.T.A. Thing but felt my time would be better spent on helping the children in a more important way. I became a Parent Advocate for Special Education students in the school district we lived in. Sadly not many parents showed up for annual reviews so it was on my shoulders to make the final decision for what was best for the child.
I have done other volunteer work. But when I went to see the man that was the head of S.E. In my old school district he was the Assistant Superintendent for personnel and offered me a job as a sub teachers aide. For several reasons I have not been able to work since June of '10. I have to go talk to him about going back to subbing but I'm not sure it will work out as the school has a lot of gang bangers from the 5th grade and up.
Regards
RedWolf
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
Just realised I was talking to do different people... Duh. Lol. Sorry red wolf, I only read the Aussie chick part where you addressed your response and thought it was her reply. I need to take a breath sometimes;) I get so het up about these people who try to scare others with their prince of darkness get up... They must have read entirely too much game of thrones and set about upsetting people with this final battle fear mongering:)
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Your battle is within girl... Fear vs belief that there is no battle because you have already won (plainly you have won because you are directing your energy into something good, positive and in alignment with making the world better and not worse:)) can I say, study some satanism if you are frightened, ok, because it will take the sting out of the fear for you. You aren't going against god by reading that kind of thing, you are educating yourself and knowing your enemy. Anton la vey wrote the satanic bible and the satanic witch, a good starting place. Also, the temple of set, another order you can research. You will find you are probably more educated about their supposed beliefs than they are if you get reading:)
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Oh dear... Lol... The guy sounds like an absolute tool. Seriously. I reiterate, do not hand your power over by being afraid, ok? Plainly, you are powerful in your own right or these people would not have chosen you as an adversary in their silly drama. I studied satanism intimately when I was younger, I was not a satanist, I just wanted to be educated in all forms of belief. Believe me when I say, true satanists laugh at these kind of people. They are what are referred to as luciferians. They wear their religion like armour because they are frightened people, and they think aligning themselves with the dark side gives them power.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
AussieChick95
Sorry about that my tablet is acting funny tonight. Maybe because I took off the sceen protector and cleaned the screen. 😆
As I was saying those tattoos are over the top and I think that he shaved his head to show who he really is which is a satanist. I really hate labeling people because I have been called a witch several times and I am not. But Jason's actions bother me. My sister's friend asked me to drive her to her brothers friends house. He was someone I barely knew from High Scool. She told me he was a Satanist but I shrugged it off. Boy was I sorry. I'm not religious but am interestd in all religions except Satanism but I am very spiritual. She was talking to him and asked if he remembered me at which time I elbowed her. He was as high as a kite but looked at me with narrowed eyes and said ah yes I remember you. Then he said that we would meet at the final battle. My blood ran cold and told my sister's friend that I had to bring her home then go home myself as I wasn't feeling well. The guy said to me ''are you chicken?'' I told him no I just have a headache, to which he replied yes I know I gave it to you.
I don't what battle he is speaking of and for all I know he is dead but that gave me the creeps for sure.
Of
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
And don't hand your power over by being afraid. These kind of people and beings trade on fear. Light is infinitely more powerful. In Wicca the four archangels are sometimes called upon to protect a space, angel Michael for the south, uriel for the west, Gabriel for the east and Raphael for the north (someone please correct me if I have that backwards it's been years since I studied that lore:))... If you are Christian you can probably surpass all the hocus pocus for for straight up prayer, but my point is, that for whatever lower astral forces this guy has fetched up to do his bidding, there is an army of higher astral and angelic beings waiting to be invoked to do yours as well. If you want to place a sacred object in the home without enforcing Christ upon non Christian folks, have a clear quartz or some kind of crystal blessed by a priest and give it to your lads mum as a gift. It surpasses the dogma and it will do the same job as a cross. Obviously, always wear your cross. The power is on your belief, and in your heart, your connection with god, but a cross is a tool like any other for focusing you energy and protecting you. Bright blessings and good luck.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
I really doubt the guy sold his soul... Someone who was successful in their dealings with the dark side would not be in such a vulnerable position that they had to rent a room in somebody else's house. You know what they say... It's the normal looking ones you have to watch. Either the guys not very bright, and he definitely sounds like he has issues. He sounds like a bit of a try hard, a magnet for lower astral forces and piggy backers. He does not sound like someone you need to pit your wits against, however be careful. If he's courting the dark side, you definitely need to cleanse and protect that house, your lad and his mum. Try sprinkling a vial of holy water (if you are Christian this will hold power for you, because belief is a powerful thing) and sea salt, you can have this blessed too, and make a circle around the house. Ask the light, or Christ, whoever you hold to be your guardian, to bless and protect the home and your loved ones. Ask for grace for the weirdo as well, he sounds like he could use it.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
AussieChick95
I would point out to Brad and his mum that Jason frightens you. Remind Brad in front of his mother that when Jason saw your beautiful cross he demanded that you remove it and that no such things are to be worn in HIS house and Brad had to remind him who's house it was.
Brad getting sick so often is not normal even for a smoker, I know because I am a smoker.
The tattoos are over the top. As
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Thank you Spiritwaiting, I will have a look at some online and see which will help deal with the freak... X
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
aussiechick95, ok super creepy! You saw a man with red eyes? Iwould have ran for the hills. I agree with BadJuuJuu, the man has definite mental problems and most likely substance problems. He is disrespectful to no end! He may be in some kind of cult, given his ways of living, blacked out windows, weird creepy tattoos. But again it could be due to some kind of drug abuse. Some nasty spirit could have attached itself to the roommate. Try some kind if cleansing. Good luck and I hope you find better help from someone on here
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Thanks BadJuuJuu, I will mention that, I do know that he in fact smokes pot on a regular basis but I'm unsure if he is doing anything else as I don't know what to look for.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: