You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Talking To Our Grandparents

Real Ghost Stories

Talking To Our Grandparents

 

I've always loved spirits and ghost stories and all that stuff so did my best friend Shelly. My friend ended up getting a Ouija board for her birthday, so I had her and my other friend, Kate, come over.

It was my first time ever "playing" and the Kate's also, we didn't know what to expect but I know I will never forget my first time. When the board starting moving I thought it was just them messing with me moving it, but it got cold and the pressure from a person and the spirit moving the planchette is a big differences. When the person is moving it the thing feels heavy but when the spirit moves it it is light as ever.

So Kate and I where in shock for about 10 minutes and Shelly was just asking questions while we were sitting there observing. The planchette started moving faster and faster spelling out Kate, love you and Kate's moms name so we asked who it was and it said her grandma. We immediately all looked at each other when it said that and Kate got freaked out so she wanted to stop. We said goodbye and she was crying cause of how much she missed her grandma.

We got back on the board and I was trying to contact my grandfather that passed away when I was 8. He was like a father figure to me since my "real dad" was never around. I got some of his old things and put them around the board. We started talking to it and my grandfather was there. I started bawling my eyes out. Though you're not supposed to show great emotions like that I couldn't control as we were talking to him on the board.

We were in the living room and you can see my room straight down the hall and my door closed really hard and we were all sitting on the floor. I asked him to kiss my check and I felt a cold spot on my left cheek, then I had to say goodbye because he had to go.

After that my friends left shortly and we were all still in shock I couldn't believe I actually talked to my grandfather for the first time in 6 years.

Other hauntings by aleahsierra22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aleahsierra22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-11)
Hi aleahsierra22, please take the advise of RedWolf and Groovieghoulie, don't mess with Ouija Boards. It is not a toy.

RedWolf thank you for making my job easier. Yes, it is not a toy and should not be sold at toy shops. Your advise to this teenager is very apt and correct. I would like to add some more.

Aleahsierra22, first cardinal rule, don't believe whatever the spirits say. They may lie to you. Like RedWolf said, you or your friend can't be sure if you spoke to your grandparents.

Second, this is very important. Don't ask the spirits when you handle Ouija Board to do any physical acts like moving things or trying to touch you. Why I am saying this is, you have already breached it. You asked the spirit to kiss you on your cheek. This is very dangerous. Because you are allowing or allowed the spirit to come to our realm. I hope nothing untoward happened after your Ouija session, either to you or your friends.

Third, don't use Ouija Boards alone.

Fourth, don't use Ouija Boards without proper precautions. It is quite important.

Fifth, if possible, try to avoid Ouija Session ever.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-11)
Alieahsierra... Playing with an ouija board is kind of like sticking a bobby pin into an electrical socket. You don't get electrocuted straight away... But you cannot control a power surge if your hand is anchored to the switch. Good luck.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-09-11)
Good old Parker brothers. Monopoly, guess who and the proverbial ouija board. Lol. Maybe they should re market the faithful ouija board as guess who. Heh.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-11)
I don't know why people think a Ouija Board is a toy and therefore a great gift. As Groovieghoulie said one of the most dangerous things you can do paranormally is to mess with a Ouija Board. I don't even know why they sell them in toy stores. A Ouija Board is anything BUT a toy.
One thing people need to understand is that malevolent spirits LIE to gain your trust. A Ouija Board is an invitation for ANY spirit to come out. Like I said malevolent spirits lie. You don't know that either you or your friend actually spoke to your real grandparents. You may have been talking to spirits acting like them.
Do me and yourselves a favor. Keep the Ouija Board closed and/or get rid of it. You and your friend can talk to your grandparents, be patient they can hear you but sometimes it may take awhile for you to find a sign from them. They may come to you in a dream or it may be more subtle like the smell of their favorite flower or you may see a rainbow on a seemingly clear day. There are many ways they may communicate with you but you MUST look for signs from them.
Regards
Red 🤔
Groovieghoulie (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
One of the most dangerous things you can do paranormally is to mess with a Ouija board. Becareful and listen to what others on this forum are advising you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Glad that you got to talk to your grandfather. But be carefull with this sometimes the outcome can be a lot worse. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: