You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Spirits In My Basement

Real Ghost Stories

The Spirits In My Basement

 

I was hooked on playing the Ouija board talking to my dead family members and just other dead people. It was something I loved and still do. So I had two friends come over, Shelly and Kate, and we stayed up playing the board from 11 pm to 6 am and, yes, we know you're not supposed to use it in the day. They made us say goodbye when it got to 6.

Anyway I have this really, really creepy basement. It's the basement you don't want to go down in alone. The walls are stained big black bugs and spiders everywhere the lights flicker on and off. The wooden steps creek and it's a pretty big basement to be used for another home but the fact is, after we got done with the board, Kate and I decided we wanted to go to the basement for whatever reason.

I had asked the board earlier if there were spirits in my house and they said there were 3. Kate and I went to the basement, scared as ever and we were just standing there. We were looking around and there's a doorway and there's the washer and dryer. We were standing by the washer and dryer and the door is exactly in front of us and the door is open. There's storage back there so the room is really dark and the only light we had was the sunlight coming in from the little windows.

There was a shadow on the storage door and we were just staring at it. I didn't know if she saw it either so I moved to the side to see if it was me cause it was only one shadow not two and it didn't move when I moved. Kate then realized the shadow too and asked me to move to the side, not knowing I already did that, and once again the shadow didn't move until 5 secs after I moved then it leaned back when we were just standing there, so we automatically freaked out and went running up the stairs.

I was scared to go down there by myself for awhile but then they started doing more activity so I got used to it. I go down there all the time still looking for shadows but I haven't seen any downstairs, but there's plenty activity upstairs and in my room.

Other hauntings by aleahsierra22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aleahsierra22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
No way! I have seen my friends playing with ouija board and it is booooring, just writing down every single letter the planchet points to puts me to sleep, I can't imagine spending 7 hours playing it.

Sorry, dude, but next time you better watch a movie 😐
Bob101 (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
Ouija boards are just cardboard, plastic and ink, not some kind of means to communicate with the spirit world. The movement of the planchette has been explained scientifically, just google it.

What you saw can be explained by sleep deprivation, believe me I've been there.

That's all
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
aleahsierra22
Okay this is my third attempt to post something about this story because I am so mad I could spit nails. Since nobody has yelled at you yet I will. STOP USING THE OUIJA BOARD IT IS NOT A TOY. Malevolent spirits can make you THINK you are talking to dead relatives to gain your trust. Also WHY ON EARTH would you want to talk to ''OTHER DEAD PEOPLE''? Malevolent spirits will also pose as nice people to gain trust.
You sound obsessed with the board. You MUST tell your parents about what you are doing and tell them that you have spirit activity in your room.
IF this story IS true you will do this. I don't think anyone told you that you can only use the Ouija Board at night. I have grown children and I know kids do things parents don't want them to do.
Like I said I think you are obsessed with the Ouija Board and need help
Whether it be spiritually or mentally because you either have a ghost problem or obsessive compulsive problem and are imagining things.
Believe me this is the nicest of the posts because I am looking at it with a parental eye rather than with a supernatural one. I am a psychic medium and something just doesn't seem right about your story. If there is activity in your room it would be other places as well.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
This story got more holes than a piece of Swiss cheese! 🤔
To begin with, you guys played with the board from 11 pm to 6 am, - has it occurred to you that you were sleep depraved and tired?
Who told you that you are not supposed to use the OB during the day?
How come your dead family members didn't send you to bed at a reasonable time instead of keeping you awake until 6:00 am?
I would't trust my eyes after a night without sleeping, they probably would be dry, red an tired.

My advice? -if you can not sleep do not play OB, better go and clean that basement, just reading the way you describe it gave me the creeps! 😨
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
You are playing with fire each time you use a Ouija board. The more you use it the higher your chance of coming into contact with a negative entity. It may seem like a game now, but it won't when you and your friends no longer feel safe in your own homes.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
ah the ouiji borads. I would love to try once but I'm just to scared. Someone who knows the board well and knows how to protect himself is safe. Those who don't its like inviting a stranger for a beer. Never know what's going to happen. Hope to hear from you soon and take care
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Rook had some very good advice on something he posted about how to conduct a seance as safely as possible. It's natural to be curious... But be armed to the teeth with knowledge. Knowledge is power. Peace.
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Do a bit of research into invocation and evocation of spirits, if you are hooked on the rush of communication with spirits, there are safer ways to do it. Don't invite what you can't control... Telling a person not to do drugs, they will still do them I think. But they will do it uneducated and learn the hard way. Ouija boards are the same thing. If it is connection to the other side you seek, an ouija board is perhaps the single most dangerous way to do it. There are other ways, that will not leave you so vulnerable to what you call in. If you study a some evocation, there are sacred seals and sigils you can use that will contain that spirit. Ouija boards are like letting an unknown dog off a leash.
EchoStrung (2 stories) (19 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
Be very careful using the Ouija, they will try and lure you in with lies and fake friendliness. You may already have let something gain a foothold in your home.
ShortieHD (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
It would be cool if you could write a story about what happens in your room? Thanks for sharing your story.
Shortie.
😆 😉 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: