You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Constantly Being Watched

Real Ghost Stories

Constantly Being Watched

 

I've always felt as though I was being watched since I was a child, and still to this day I feel as though I am being watched. It all started when I lived in these apartments in Clymer, Pennsylvania. I was around the age of seven or eight. I had this little beaniebaby TY, Zebra. I left it on this stand by the door before I went to bed (I slept with my mother. I am terrified of the dark and still am to this day) and there were only three people living in the apartment. My mother, baby sister (she was a few months old so she couldn't walk) and myself. Well I woke up in the morning and it vanished. I haven't been able to find since.

After that happened to me I feel as though that someone or something is watching me. I usually see things in the corner of my eyes, I am completely sane too. I just feel like whatever is watching me is bad. Even though it might be my father (he passed away when I was a baby from cancer) but I doubt it's him. I've saw this figure out of the corner of my eyes and it's large and hooded dark figure. No, it hasn't harmed me at all but I feel as though it could. Everywhere I go, though, I feel as though I am being watched by this thing and it scares me.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am just curious. I have no idea what it could be either. I just want to figure out what this thing is watching me. It's not right on me either, it stays like a few feet away but it scares me. I am sensitive to a lot of things, but I have always felt this thing was watching me since I was little. If anyone else has experienced anything like this, then please tell me your stories.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stefanig123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-26)
AziVsH, I don't know if you've taken the time to read our comment guidelines, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to look them over. I'm pasting the bit that I feel is the most relevant atm.
◾This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact.

Saying what has worked for you is fine, but telling another that they must do it as well is proselytizing, and isn't in accordance with our guidelines.
AziVsH (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-26)
My family lived in a haunted house when I was little. I started feeling watched when I was 5. I didn't understand why and attributed it to outlandish conclusions. I definitely sensed something menacing and threatening which made me afraid all the time. I almost saw dark shadow figures at night but mostly dreamed of them. The dreams were horrifying, not because of the content but because of the intense atmosphere of the dreams, like true night terrors. I was always able to pull out of it with christian methods but also was mocked by the shadows for my religious efforts. My mom took most of the heat: she was suffering from postpartum depression, had the worst nightmares, and experienced actual activity. She heard voices, was scratched, was bitten, and actually saw one. They carried a putrid smell and induced unnatural fear. Later, we found out that there was a witches coven in the area which made since because our neighbors were really strange. Whatever those shadows are, I know that they're evil. Like the most evil things I've ever encountered or even heard of. The only thing you can combat them with is Christ. That house traumatized me and I just this year lost my fear of the dark and I'm 21. Wearing a cross and sleeping with my bible stopped the nightmares, though I have to constantly replace my crosses because they keep breaking. Reading my bible out-loud and having our new house blessed made our home feel safer. I feel so sorry for you, I mean that's horrible. Do you have anyone to talk to? It always helps to know you're not alone. My advice is to not engage this thing. It thrives on what energy you give it: emotions, attention, etc. DO NOT SPEAK TO IT! It becomes more real the more you pay attention to it. Cast it from you mind and ignore it. Start grounding yourself in reality. Get a cat or even a dog, that helps a lot because they protect and see what we can't. Have your house blessed and speak to a christian leader about this because it could involve possession. And more than anything, turn to Christ. This isn't a choice for you and it's your only way out, you need this. Christ is the only one able to save you from this kind of darkness. I know people say "Jesus is our savior" but he really did save my family from destruction. I'm not joking or trying to convert you. This is your only sure solution and you desperately need it. I've been there and done that and am in a better place now because of Jesus.
Bob101 (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
Steifanig123,

I apologize for hijacking your thread, just wanted to answer lady-glows question. If I post something feel free to hijack it:)

Again, I'm sorry for the hijack.
Bob101 (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
lady-glow
I wish there was an interesting story behind my skepticism, but there isn't.

Basically, I have always been interested in subjects like classical logic, formal logic, mathematics (most branches) and science (except physics, wow I suck at that). I even minored in philosophy at University. Not jumping to a conclusion is the first lesson in logic, which I think explains my skepticism.

I don't have enough evidence to base a belief in the paranormal or supernatural forces on currently; however, I've always wanted to believe, especially in ghosts. If ghosts exist then there must be life after death, after all and that is something I really want to be true.

When I was younger I'd do all sorts of experiments to determine if ghosts were real. Most of these centered around attempting to summon one and forcing it to manifest. Every attempt failed. Then I got the idea to summon a demon, people were always saying demons were easier to summon (Don't remember why). I tried many times, no protection, no games, just an open invitation - I didn't care what happened to me, I just wanted proof. I followed the advice of various websites and even a book on the occult on how to preform the summoning, nothing worked.

So I have concluded there probably isn't anything supernatural or paranormal out there. At the very least I've been given no reason to believe it and I sure wanted one (was willing to pay any price). I still do want to believe, I just don't have a reason to.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
Bob101:
I think there is a very interesting story behind your skepticism. I hope you can share it with us.
Bob101 (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
If you think somethings watching you tell it to leave, unless it's not bothering you (sounds like it is). Don't be afraid, confidently tell this thing to leave.

A bit about where I stand: First off, I'm skeptical of the paranormal and supernatural - I believe everything has a natural explanation. With that said, however, I've experienced some weird things. I'm not going to get into details here, but I've had friends who claim to be psychic (I don't buy it) say I'm demonically haunted, as in a demon is following me around. B.S. As far as I'm considered.

I've also had the feeling of being watched you described, sometimes it gets intense and annoying. In those cases I command the thing to leave, it does and yes I do this despite being a skeptic. Give it a try and see what happens, it's always worked for me.
stefanig123 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
Thanks everyone for the pointers, and what I should do. I'll have to try something out when I get time. I also have another true story but it's about my sister. So if anyone is willing to hear it I will type it out (:!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
stefanig123, Oh how I understand about being watched. It uncomfortable, and can be scary at times. Maybe when you get that evil feeling, its just the spirit upset at something you've done. And its just letting you know it. Thats prob Why you only feel it occasionally. Keep notes on when you get that feeling, and what you have done that day.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
Hi stefanig123, I go with RedWolf. You should have courage to say the spirit to go away. Follow the advise given by RedWolf.

RedWolf I want to know what is your method to drive away the unwanted spirits/entities. And I want to tell you that the Rook's cleansing method worked well for me and my friends.

Stefanig123, The Rook's cleansing method I am giving you below. You can use it to ward off if this is a negative entity or evil spirit. It was designed by one of the famous posters in this site, Rookdygin. Give all credits to Rook for this wonderful cleansing process.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
You could be ones of those people who are not actually a sensitive but a person who can attract spirts. Sensitives usually see face to face with spirits. Your maybe a magnes atrracting tchem. BUT if it is just one you are seeing then maybe this spirit attached itself to you. That does happen and needs to be delt with. I don't know much abhout this but there are others who do and would be glad to help
.Thank you for sharring and I hope to hear from you soon and take care
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
stefanig123
There is something you can try but you have to be brave and forceful.
Just tell it to go away, you don't want it near you! Tell it to leave you alone. When you do this envision yourself enveloped with white light of protection. Also after you do this say whatever prayer is common to your religion even if you don't practice your religion.
If this doesn't work use Rookdygin's house cleansing method. I hear it works! I have not used it only because my method of getting rid of unwanted spirits works for me.
Regards
Red
Strange_Things (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
I have experienced things very similar to this. I often felt like I was being watched and I saw things in the corners of my eyes too.
stefanig123 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
Oh and yes I may be a teenager (19 years old) but I am VERY mature for my age just making this clear now.
stefanig123 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
[at] spiritwaiting: I ocasionally have a malevolent feeling from it, but it's very rare. Awhile back though my friends mother had told me that I have people watching over me (she's a sensitive). I just hate the feeling of constantly being watched by something.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
stefanig123, it sounds like your a sensitive. If you can feel this hooded figure watching you, and you see it as well. I am an empath and a sensitive, have family members that are as well. Sensing a spirit is a good thing. Have you ever had a malevolent feeling from it? It very well could have attached itself to you. Or heres another possiblity, it could be someone just watching over you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: