You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is It Grandpa?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It Grandpa?

 

This is a REAL story of my personal haunting. I am a believer and would never make thinks up like this.

About 2 years ago I was at my nana's house in Long Island. I was sitting in the kitchen talking to her and then, out of the blue, the trashcan lid moves by itself. Nana and I look at each other and she says to me, "You saw that too, right?" I nodded my head. In the beginning of 2013 between the months of April 3 and June 12, my 3 remaining great grandparents had past away.

Recently some spooky stuff has been going on. A few days ago around 1am my boyfriend and myself heard growling. Then around 1pm, after he had left, I was getting ready for the day and I heard what sounded like keys jingle. I stood up and looked over at my bedroom door expecting my boyfriend to enter my room any minute. But then I didn't hear anything for a few minutes. I then go back to finding clothes. Then I hear my front door open. I walk down the stairs, popping my head around the corner... The door is closed and locked.

Two days ago I was laying on my bed playing on my Kindle and watching TV. I have two fans IN my room. A white square one that sits in my window, and a black stand-up one. I was alone in my room with both fans on and out of the blue the tall black one turns off all by itself. I then get up from my bed to plug it back in. Come to find out it's still plugged in. I try to look for a reason for why my fan turned off by itself. But couldn't.

Does anyone know what the heck is going on? I would never make anything like this up... I believe in paranormal stuff like this. I haven't played with Ouija board. It just freaks me out.

I have a few other experiences from a few years ago... But ever since my boyfriend, my little sister and myself visited Gallows Lane around Halloween last October, it's like something has been following me and watching me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lornaroze, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-11)
Hi Lornaroze, welcome to YGS. I think that you should eliminate electrical causes before attributing paranormal reasons for your fan switching off. It has happened only once right? Let us wait if it happens again and check the fan for any faults.

As far as the growl, the sound of keys and the door opening, my advise to you would be to maintain a journal. You said that since the Halloween, you have been having a feeling that something was watching and following you. So, it is better that you maintain a diary of events before we could come to conclusions.

Please keep us informed of any further developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Im with elfstone here. Try checking the things elfstone said. Sometimes these hard things can be explained easily. But sometimes they can't 😆
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
Have you had any more trouble with the fan? Keep an eye on it and I would be sure to turn it off and maybe unplug it when no one's going to be there. It could have a non-supernatural short in the wiring.

What's Gallows Lane?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Lornaroze, it could be one of your grandparents just looking out for you. When the fan turned off, did you try the breaker box while it was plugged in? When you heard the keys then, the door open it could have been a residual haunting. Has anything other than that happened before, in your home?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: