You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Who And Why Are You Shaking Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Who And Why Are You Shaking Me?

 

As mentioned in my stories "Here When Needed", I had a boyfriend pass away in 2008. Six months before he passed away, he took a trip to Vietnam (his and my home country) for the first time in his life. He got to meet his aunts and uncles, as well as many cousins. His auntie (his mom's younger sis) didn't have much money or a big house, so my ex (Derek) and his 7 buddies went to stay at a hotel near by. About 7 or 8 of them went back to Vietnam together, and stayed in one big room.

When he came back to Canada, he told me that their hotel was haunted. They stayed on the 2nd floor. He said someone would knock on their door every night and they would never catch who it was. Even though they were ready for it after a few times of this happening, they never caught the prankster. At first they thought it was kids, but they never heard running after the knocks. Then one night, as they were preparing for bed, out of nowhere a water bottle flew across the room and smoked one of his buddies on the head! That's when they realized and confirmed that the knocks were not coming from a human.

Flash forward to about 7 months after Derek passed away. I myself went to Vietnam for a visit. I felt the need to go to his city and meet his relatives as a closure for myself. I wanted to see where he was from, who his family were that he spoke about, and see what he saw. I asked his cousins to take me everywhere they took him, and even sat at tables that he sat. I stayed in the same hotel too. Though I asked for any floor but the 2nd, and got the 3rd instead. But it didn't stop the paranormal activity from happening. I stayed there for 4 nights and this only happened once.

I got a room with two big beds, and invited a few of his cousins to stay with me. They agreed happily. One guy and two girls on a bed and myself on the other. I remember reading about shaking beds and hearing others' experiences with them, I have never experienced it myself until that night. I believe it was the first night. I was sleeping then woke up when I felt shaking. I did not open my eyes right away. For some reason I am able to stay calm and composed as long as I don't open my eyes. So I laid there for a moment and thought to myself, "I think the bed is vibrating... Yep definitely vibrating". Then I opened my eyes and sat up in bed. The shaking stops. I looked around and saw nothing. The cousins were passed out, so I went back to bed. (To be honest I am extremely nearsighted so unless it was moving, I probably wouldn't even know it was standing there, if it was haha)

When the day came to check out, as I was riding the elevator down to the lobby, the elevator stopped at Floor 2. Before it opened I already had the feeling there would be no one there. So as it opened and closed to the air, I just said goodbye.

For the longest time I only had one thought about the incident. Was of course, a spirit messing with me. But now, I also put the possibility out there that it could have been my ex trying to protect me from whatever that was also there. So in the midst of it all, it caused the bed to vibrate during their face off? I don't know. Just being open to ideas. What do you think YGS members?

Other hauntings by notjustme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, notjustme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-11)
SDS - The shaking only happened once, the first night. Thank you for reading.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-11)
Hi notjustme, I feel that the knocks on the door in the night, which your ex heard could be residual. But as Chris said, I don't think the spirit/s were polite. Still you did feel the shaking of the bed. I just wanted to ask you, did the bed shake only once on the first night or you felt it every night you stayed in the hotel. As far as the lift stopping at 2nd floor is concerned, without further inputs, it is difficult to classify it as anything to do with paranormal.

Thanks for sharing your experience and I am sorry for passing away of your ex.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
ChrisB - of course you didn't ruin my day! Lol you're right, it probably wasn't very nice as it did throw a bottle of water at my friend before. I thank you for your comments.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Well this one may be tricky. I have a feeling your ex wasn't there. What kind of feeling did you have being in the hotel. Did you feel safedid you feel like somebody was watching over you. I don't wan to be rude but I think there was a spirit there but I don't think it was polite. But I hope I'm wrong and didn't ruin your day ❤.I hope to hear from you soon and take care
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Spiritwaiting - Yea I would say Vietnam does get pretty crazy the more North you go lol. I had another incident where me and my now husband was staying at a beautiful hotel in Nha Trang 3 years ago. Didn't see anything but when we tried to sleep I started to feel SOOOOO sad and starting trying for no reason. Next day he told me he felt it too but was afraid to say anything and seeing that I cried, he didn't know what to make of it all. Felt like suicide
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-10)
Lady-Glow - Night of the bed shaking, I was having a bad night. I was up crying about my ex and was sad when I went to bed. But when I felt the shaking I wasn't too scared and the temperature didn't seem to have gotten too cold, aside from the A/C on. When the elevator stopped I just felt like it also wanted to say goodbye. I don't feel like whatever it was that was in there was terrible, just bored and wanted to be known... Who knows. I do agree with the elevator that it could have just been anyone though and that I associated it with the bed shaking incident. Thanks!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-09)
Interesting story.
Did you feel any change on the temperature of the room? What about your feelings? - did you feel fear, threaten, sad?
About the elevator, it could have been someone that pressed the button and then decided to take the stairs, but again, -what did you feel at that moment other than knowing no one would be there?
I think the answer lays within the feelings you had at that moment.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
notjustme, It sounds like areas in Vietnam are haunted. And I hope you found the closure you needed. I think it could have been some spirits just doing their normal thing, messing with others while they stay at the hotel. Interesting story. Oh and there will be others whom will help you better than I. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: