You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Woman In Black

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman In Black

 

To start off I apologize if there are any errors in my writing. These events took place in the heart of Los Angeles, California, all which happened in my aunt Mary's house.

Now, the house was a very big two story home with a small back house which was divided into several apartments. The house itself looked very scary and old fashioned. My aunt lived in the front house, front portion which consisted of 3 rooms roughly and one restroom. Two of the rooms were rented to family members of my aunt's and the one bedroom with the restroom was where my aunt, her husband (Fillip) and two daughters (Kimberly and Yvette) lived. Now the landlord was my aunt's father-in-law (Bob). He resided there along with his family many years before he decided to move away and rent it out. My aunt know longer lives in that house.

Some background of the house according to Bob's wife was that the house is very old and it was said it was a crack house but was remodeled due to a fire in which a homeless man's life was taken. Further records are non-existent because the home was very old and the records building in Los Angeles burned a very long time ago and so were the documents of the home. Hard to believe I know, but that's what I was told. It was also said that an elderly woman whom lived on the top floor practiced voodoo/witchcraft and we blamed all the events on that.

My aunt would speak about mysterious things happening around the house, plenty of witnesses. Some of my family members whom did not reside there had experiences in that house.

My experience was when I was about 12 years old. I went to sleep over at my aunt's house, which I never liked doing because I believe in ghosts and with the things I had heard, I do not know why I even went. My two cousins shared a bunk bed, Kimberly on the bottom bunk and Yvette on top. My aunt's bed was right in front facing the bunk bed. That night I slept with my cousin Yvette on the top bunk.

I woke up to a very dark room, it was about 3 am, the only light was coming from the window behind my aunts bed. For some reason that home seemed so gloomy and dark, even during the day. As I laid there awake with my eyes closed, I opened them for a second and looked to the left where my aunt slept (to the right of me was the wall), when I saw the figure of what seemed to be that of a lady with long hair, pitch black from her waist up just staring at me right next to the top bunk. I was scared senseless. I felt as is my blood drained out of my body. The bunk is pretty tall so she must have been really, really tall or floating for me to have been able to see her from her waist up being on the top bunk. I closed my eyes and froze, I couldn't move due to the fact that I was in shock. I began to pray in my mind but my words were mixed I was stuttering in my mind. Sweating and terrified I tried moving or screaming but I couldn't, that's when my younger cousin whom was on the bottom bunk said my grandma's name in her sleep and I was able to move.

Now I did not say anything. I laid there scared, looked around the room and saw nothing. I know what I saw was there because the light coming from the back of my aunt's bed faced us so maybe that is the reason I only saw this "woman's" figure.

The next day I went home and told my mom, she then told my aunt Mary. My aunt Mary then mentioned how her husband had seen a woman before, exactly how I described her in the mirror, standing next to him while he laid in bed as if she was watching them. I knew it was serious because he is what we call a "macho man" and is not really fond of showing his emotions and would be less likely to believe in these sort of things.

Mary also mentioned that my cousin Kimberly had also mentioned seeing this lady one night when she was heading to the restroom. The "woman" was standing in the far corner, and next to her was a doll whom I will explain about. My cousins owned a doll which sat on her stomach with her chin resting on her hands. One night while they were sleeping they kept hearing a doll chanting its song over and over it was coming from a box they kept outside with toys. The next day my aunt and her husband went to check, they found this doll no batteries which chanted the same tune they heard all night. No other dolls just that one they threw it out, only to show up later in my cousins room. They threw it out one day when the trash would be picked up and never saw it again.

In the back of the house there are basement doors on the ground open outwards. Sometimes they would keep those doors open, God knows why. But one time me and my cousin were playing in the backyard when all of a sudden she started running towards the inside of her house. My family was over that day and she went in there crying saying she had seen a man at the bottom of the stairs in the basement. Her dad and other uncles of mine went to check if anyone was in there and saw nothing.

Last but not least, one time one of the water pipes in the house had broken they were buried in the wall of the basement, so when they were going to fix them they had to dig in the wall. My uncle Fillip and his dad Bob were digging when they found what seemed like a wine bottle and inside was a doll filled with needles all over its body. In that bottle there was also hair. My aunt then later called in a priest to bless the house. She bought her own house shortly after and moved out. I have not heard anything else.

Other hauntings by sabrina_25

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sabrina_25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
My thoughts on the bottle are that it could be a type of witch's bottle. Don't go spazzy, now. They're used for protection, not evil.
There are several ways to make a witch's bottle, but they all have a few things in common. A representation of the individual the bottle is meant to protect, hair, nail clippings, things like that. Sharp things, needles, nails. The idea is that any ill intent sent to the person who made the bottle will be directed to the bottle instead of the person. The ill intent will then be trapped in the bottle. I've never heard of one being made with a doll, but everyone does it differently. The maker may have thought a poppet would be a stronger pull to the bottle and decided to use the doll for that reason. The bottle is usually hidden somewhere on the property of the maker. The house may have been haunted when the supposed magical practitioner moved in and she made the bottle to keep it from bothering her. It's a thought anyway.
Sucks that so many records were destroyed.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
Voodoo is a creapy thing. But Voodoo is usually used for good purpose and not in a evil way. With that said it doesn't mean people use it ONLy for good. I realy liked your story,
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
Wow! Amazing experiences. At first I thought 'oh no, not another Old Hag story...!'

You write well. And answer me this; why do they always possess dolls?! Are they like paedophile spirits?

Kudos to you for being brave enough to stand that house more than once. Sounds like there might be more spirits than just the one of the homeless guy.

Thanks for sharing.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
okay. This is seriously creepy. I don't know why they didn't just leave after seeing that creepy woman staring at them. I mean really, I would be gone in a heartbeat. I don't do creepy woman who stare at you. What did the woman look like? Like did she had eyes, or was it all shadows. And with the doll that she was seen standing beside. Did they have to throw it out again, or did it disappear with the lady?
GIRLIE ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: