You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Possible Attachment Of An Entity

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Attachment Of An Entity

 

Firstly, I'll give a little background about the locations, and then I'll get right to my experience.

The town is Salado, Texas. It's located along the Chisholm trail, and the creek that runs through the town shows evidence of both Paleo-Indian tribes and the Tawakoni living alongside the creek. Salado is also home to the former Shady Villa hotel, now known as The Stagecoach Inn, which housed Sam Houston, Robert E. Lee and Sam Banks. It's the longest running hotel in Texas. The hotel was opened the year the Civil War began, I'm not positive if any deaths occurred here or not. The school here burned down two years in a row, and then a third time, again not sure if any deaths occurred. That's pretty much all of the information I know.

Now, it started at House Number 1, from April 2012-September 2012. My mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, my husband, and myself all lived in a 3 bedroom house about 40-50 yards from the creek. The last woman to live in the house died there, I'm not sure of the cause of death. I'm open to all ideas, but I don't think she is the problem.

My mother-in-law woke up one night about two weeks after my husband and I moved in, screaming "In Jesus' name, leave me". She later described seeing the old woman in her dream, kind of shielding her from a darker thing. She wasn't very descriptive.

In May, I became pregnant, and that was when little things started happening. There would be knocking on our bedroom wall coming from my brother-in-law's room, what sounded like someone drumming their fingers on the kitchen counter, and the feeling of being watched. I thought I was being hyper-sensitive from the pregnancy, but things progressively became worse.

In June, my brother-in-law left for his friend's house for about 3 weeks. I'd already known my brother-in-law in high school, before I was married, and he was constantly depressed. But when we moved to House 1, he would hole up in his room 24/7, only leaving for the bathroom and to shower 2-3 times a day, which was across the hall, and to eat dinner. We never saw him leave otherwise.

While he was away at his friend's house, my husband and I slept in his room, because it was always much cooler (which I'm not suggesting is paranormal, our room faced the morning sun). While in that room we would have terrible sleep, the knocking would happen every 15 minutes or less, and we started seeing things. Needless to say, we moved back into our own room.

During our time staying in his room and afterwards until we moved away in September, we experienced loud banging on a metal table outside every time we went out to smoke at night, tapping on the walls and counters, feeling as though our hair was being brushed by fingers, hearing walking through the grass, both my husband and myself and his parents constantly fighting, and seeing shadows.

As for the shadows, the most notable thing I remember is playing hide and seek with my husband throughout the house. I saw him crawl from his brother's room into the bathroom. I called out to him and said I found him, and his response came from the bedroom behind me. We were the only two in the house. I can't really remember much other than that time. I saw shadows twice afterwards, but it's as though I have a mental block or something against them.

Afterwards, when my brother-in-law was already back (around late July) we told my husband's parents about the things that were happening, and they prayed in each room and drew crosses with some kind of oil on the walls. It seems as though that was counter-productive, because a few days later we woke up to all of the doors open and two cabinets open in the kitchen with the wood on the insides peeled off and hanging. We stayed there about another month, and continued dealing with all of the tapping.

A few days before we moved (and this was WHY we moved), I went outside at night to find my husband standing in the front yard staring at the sky. I talked to him, but he wouldn't respond. About 1 1/2 hour later, I went back out and said his name and touched his shoulder, and he instantly dropped to the ground and started cowering and sobbing. I don't know what he saw or why he felt the need to go out there.

For about a month he would go out and sit by the road or in the grass at night and draw all kinds of dark, terrible pictures, usually in black ink. When I asked why, or where he got the inspiration from, he always said he didn't know.

We moved at the beginning of September, and saw or heard nothing until about late July of this year (2013, obviously). My husband, 5 mo son and I went on a week trip to Mississippi, and his brother stayed at our house to watch it. The second night after returning home, his brother was still sleeping over at our house, and I heard laughing/snickering in the hallway. The next night, the door to the room his brother was sleeping in opened and shut three times. Each time I would check, and his brother would be asleep.

A week or so later, his brother stayed over again (this was at the beginning of this month, August). That night, I woke up to what sounded like my son's baby bed burning. I could hear the crackling, so I turned over and saw a huge shadow squatting in the doorway to the left of his bed. I'm 5'3", and if I were to squat down the squatting shadow would've been approximately 2 feet taller and double my width. I feel like a coward for this, but I just closed my eyes and hid under the covers. After a while, I went out on the porch to smoke, and I kept hearing banging in the yard, but I couldn't see anything that would make a banging noise.

The past two weeks, my brother-in-law has been complaining about feeling someone watching him at night, and having terrible dreams. He stayed the night three nights in a row the past week, and each night I've seen small shadows dart across the walls or doors, heard strange noises outside, and two nights in a row my husband and I fought like we never had since we lived at House 1.

I have a strong feeling it's his brother causing these things, and I want to help, which will in turn help my son, husband and myself. Please, if you have any ideas or information, leave a comment or email me (my email is on my profile). Thank you.

Sorry for such a long one, guys.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aramoura, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-16)
Aramoura:

Here is the cleansing we are all talking about:

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
Aramoura (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-15)
To all of you that have suggested a cleansing, we'll give that a try for sure. I'm short on time at the moment, so I'll give a better reply later.
I sent my brother-in-law a link to this, so hopefully he will check it out.
Thank you all so much
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
Cleansings can be helpful, but in my honest opinion, would only give temporary breathing room in this situation. Negative energies latch onto people who are experiencing emotional distress. It's good that your brother in law is willing to seek treatment. That's a great first step in getting this sorted out permanently. It takes willpower above all else to deal with the paranormal, sorting out his emotional issues will help him find the willpower he needs.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
Aramoura
Rookdygin has an excellent cleansing method that you and you in-laws should use. It is on his profile page. Type his name into the search this site area and it should bring you right to the page.
Your brother in-law needs counseling, in fact it wouldn't hurt for the whole family get counseling. BUT first if Rookdygins' method doesn't work after a couple of tries you need to search the web for the nearest paranormal group, contact them and explain the whole situation. They should be interested enough to investigate. Heck try Ghost Hunters. They are based in Rhode Island but have investigated all over the U.S... Since there is a baby involved they will want to help. Even if they themselves can't come they will let you know who is in the T.A.P.S. Network.
Best wishes to you and please keep us posted.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
Aramoura I have read your story and I have to say this is starting to be very dangerous. It could lead to different things AND they are not good. I know for a fact that you don't have to believe in religion for a priest to help. Remember not all priest are willing to help. But there are people who will try. Has your Possesion is one of the last things I would claim but I believe that your brother in law might be possesed Or which I think is more of probible is that he is hauneted. ONE thing you should do Is have a talk with him. There are ways he can protect himselp. One thig you should tell him to do is a cleansing. You kind find these things in stores (they are not expencive) and burn it in the house. Yours and mostly his. You can find cleansing instructions on the web easily. Another thing is your brother in law needs to understand that he is being attackted by spirtits. Attacked might be a strong word but maybe he is like a magnet. He needs to learn to protect himself. This might sound stupid but works. Telling the spirtits to leave him alone that he is the one who controls his life that the spirits are not allowed to be in the house. He has to say like he means it. Do not challange the spirits. Some Times it works but this may also lead to worse things. I think that if the spirits attack you too and your husband it has to do more with the house. I believe this is an aggresiive spirit or spirits. Your Family NEEDS to fight it of. It maybe hard at time but your Husband and brother in law and you can surte do it. Remeber about the cleansing. Repeat once a week for a month or two and it should help. If it doesn't you can let us know and we will try to figure something else to do. Thanks for sharing and remember... Yoiu guys can do it 😊.I hope to hear from you soon AND TAKE CARE
Aramoura (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
Raftingirl, it scared me to death as well. I don't think it's after my son, my brother-in-law was not at our house when he heard the voice, he just came over and talked with us about it. Thank you very much for the well wishes.
He's mentioned that he wants to go to some form of therapy for his issues, maybe I'll bring that idea up to him again.
I've refused to let him stay over for more than an hour, I don't want whatever that thing is in my house. But if he DOES seek help and solving his depression issues no longer gives it...power, or whatever, what then? Does it just move on? I just wish I could get some idea of what we're dealing with, then maybe I could learn what might help put it off or stop it or...something. I would hate for it to just go on to torture someone else.
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
Aramoura - that sounds terrifying!

I think you should try to get the help for your brother-in-law as others here have mentioned. There are certainly free ways to get treatment, especially if he's been on medication or other kinds of drugs before. Get him help.

As for your son, I sincerely hope that what your brother-in-law heard "He is mine" has NOTHING to do with your little guy. I recommend to go to him next time if you ever see something near him. That just gave me chills.

It sounds like you have to be a lot of people's protector at the moment. Hang in there and have faith in yourself. I hope you can finally get some peace ❤ ❤ ❤
Bob101 (8 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
I'm skeptical of all things paranormal or supernatural, but I've had experiences of my own that are difficult to explain.

I've had a few friends, who think they're psychic, claim a demon has attached itself to me. Others who were around to hear this became frightened, I just laughed. Funny thing is when I was younger I did try to summon a demon, for the hell of it, nothing happened. I never told those people or anyone at that time about doing this.

There are times when I feel watched or I hear weird noises like banging on the walls, among other things. Usually I just ignore it; However, there are times it gets really intense. During these instances I will go directly to where ever I think this thing is and command it to leave, it does.

There have been times this feeling has been soooo annoying that I challenged it to a fight to the death, winner keeps all; I win it leaves forever, it wins it gets whatever the hell it wants from me. Rather then accepting my challenge, the feel or noise always cease. Not logical, But I will not stand for bullies or even the feeling that i'm being bullied, real or imagined.

Being a skeptic, doing this makes me feel a little nuts, but I also feel better after. Sane? Insane? I don't really care anymore. Perhaps ironically, I remain as skeptical of the paranormal as ever. Yep, I'm stubborn as hell.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
Dept of Health and Human Services can provide mental health care and medication. Not sure what the requirements are to qualify, but it's worth looking into. Their website will help you locate an office close to you.
Aramoura (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
I don't practice any religion involving worship of a God, I'm more about spirituality.
What does the Dept. Of Human Services do? I've never heard anything about that. Also, how well would a priest, etc.'s blessing work if we don't believe in the religion ourselves?
Thank you for all of the help so far.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
aramoura, I completly understand the money situation. Yes you have the right idea, the internet could help you with finding free help. Oh and call your local Dept. Of human services, they help also. And headaches can be associated with the spirit draining energy from him. And him hearing that is scary, it could be those entites are in some sort of feud over him. I sincerely hope you can find help to protect your children, and the family. Try going through your home and chanting a prayer.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
Aramoura: do you practice any religion? I do not think a priest, pastor, etc. Would charge for his/her help.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Aramoura (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
Spiritwaiting, that's what I was thinking. The only problem? I'm a young mom, my husband can't find work, and I don't have the best job in the world. Money is an extreme issue, in that I could never pay/hire someone to help, so I turned to the good ol' internet to find out if there is maybe something the three of us could do.
Aramoura (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
I need to add a little update. About two days after I submitted this story, my brother-in-law came over and started complaining about having terrible dreams again. A few days after, he told us that he woke up hearing a voice repeating "He's mine". That seems to crazy to be true, but I no longer doubt anything at this point.
All help is appreciated. Thanks.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
aramoura, it sounds like the spirit or entity may have attached itself to your brother-in-law. Because of his depression. Spirits feed off of the weakness'. Such as anger, depression, anxiety of any kind. If he doesn't seek professional help, those spirits could grow stronger. They can influence moods. Please try and help him to find help. Good luck to you and your family.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: