You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: There Something In The Tree

Real Ghost Stories

There Something In The Tree

 

This experience of mine happened when I was still living in a small town in Camarines Norte. At the time, I was seven turning eight and my mother was pregnant with my only brother. During this certain pregnancy, my mother had a weird habit of walking around at night. (It's a small town and pretty much most of the people know everyone, so I guess it was safe for her to do it.) She always dragged me along which is fine by me because I really liked the tapsilog and French fries that were available at the little restaurant we always went to when she took her walk.

On one particular occasion, the night was cool and the moon was shining bright. As we were a few stores from the restaurant where were suppose to eat, I noticed something at the tip of a tree which was located in the yard of the town's public clinic (the clinic is a few buildings to left across the restaurant). The clinic was surrounded by big trees, so the area around the clinic is dark. But since the moon was bright, there was enough light to illuminate the the space. And the tree where the creature was situated was tall to the point that the moon looked like a basketball beside the thing I saw.

What I saw was a man. Although looking back, I am not entirely sure if it was indeed a man. Even though the creature looked like a man, there was something odd about him. For one, he seemed to be naked and his skin was almost grey. Plus, he seemed to have a horn and a tail. Two things I am certain of: What I saw was not a man and that not only me saw it. People around my mother and I were saying "Ano Yun?" (Translation: What's that?)

I didn't tell anyone about this incident until I was fourteen. I don't particularly know why I kept my mouth shut about it, but I know part of it was fearing that no one would believe me and being scared of confirming what I saw. But now that I'm almost twenty, I am ready to get on and try to find out what the creature was.

The first person I told about what I witnessed was my mother. She didn't straight up tell me that she doesn't believe me nor did she offer any explanation on what I saw that night. So, would you guys be an awesome and considerate individuals to provide possible theory for my experience? Is it a demon? Can a demon manifest as almost solid? I always thought that they would be shadows lingering around.

Thank you for reading. I have a few more stories that I am planning to share in this website. Take care and God bless!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nina_BB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ladyhawk84 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-11)
I think was a creature named Kapre, I read on YGS other storyies about this creature, who lives in Philippines, and usually looks like a big man, but can take even a human shape, and lives near by houses, especially in mango trees.
ghostlover8567 (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-19)
I don't know whether it was a demon or something else but I know that demons live on trees.
Groovieghoulie (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-18)
OK Thanks zzsgranny I guess it would kind of be on a par with mass halucination? But, in this case the people are not halucinating but actually seeing a thing or what ever it was in the tree. Weird stuff. I don't think it was a demon. From all that I have read they are not a social group and tend to prefer trickery and try not to put themselves on display. I could be wrong though. It could have been a extroverted attention seeking demon but I to think not...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
Groovieghoulie: I believe in group pareidolia. The constellations are a great example of that. Think of looking at clouds with a group of friends and all of you seeing the unicorn LOL. I don't know if it applies in this situation, but it can happen 😊
Groovieghoulie (1 stories) (13 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
Could it have been matrixing? The illusion created out of ordinary objects in which our brains take the shapes and then manipulate those shapes into something that makes sense? But then again, would other people matrix the same thing? Since it was in a tree in pretty public place if it was an entity it was of the type not afraid of being seen obviously...so, apart from matrixing could it have been a shape shifter? Do you know if everyone present that evening saw the same thing? Interesting experience...
Sparkie (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-16)
Maybe your mom doesn't want to believe in this type of stuff. Some people refuse to believe what they see simply because it frightens them or don't know what it is/was. Some individuals are afraid of the unknown.

As for what you saw, I personally have never heard of demons manifesting nor poltergeists. It could be a number of things, even the moonlight bouncing off of the trees and tricking your eyes. I would suggest definitely try recreating the shape with some tree limbs and leaves, adjusting the lighting if needed.

There's a lot out there that we don't know about, especially in places with a lot of unexplored wilderness around. So you could have very well seen something that night. Try researching as much as possible about the area and what you saw. It's definitely a great place to start.

Be careful!,
Sparkie
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
I don't get it dude! If there were other people looking at the creature standing on the tree, -how come your mother didn't pay atention to it? And why you didn't point at it at that moment?

It would drive nuts if my mom didn't believe when I told her something she should had seen.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
A Demon is an evil spirt. I haven't heard of Demons manifesting they are considered to be very smart. They don't want to be seen. They don't want you to know they have control over you. They want to win your soul. Attaching itself to you and when it does have control over you well, then its a big booboo 😆.I would try doing saome research. Finding similar stories to yours. I don't this this was a demon but everybody can be wrong. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
I haven't put too much thought as to if a demon can manifest in solid form or not. I don't know if they can or not. Good question though.
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
Have you looked up the history of the place? Have you asked other people about it?

Stay Safe

BattleScars

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: