You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Grandparents Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

Grandparents Or Something Else?

 

As I live in England, I am not that far from London. My mum's friend (a huge Harry Potter fan like myself) had brought us tickets to the Studio Tour and I was sleeping round her flat the night before we went. Her flat (or apartment) is about 2 years old therefore is relatively new, so the occurrences I am about to describe to you baffles me.

We had both gone to bed and for a while I read. After reading, I turned the lamp to its lower setting (its one of those touch lamps) and attempted to sleep. I heard a whispering in my ear - now if you have read my first story you will know that I have heard whisperings in my ear before. This frightened me as I couldn't tell what this voice was saying, it was just a muffled whisper right in my ear.

No sooner had I turned over when I heard a whistle at the end of my bed. I touched the lamp to it's full brightness when I suddenly heard two low growls next to me. I burst into tears and rang my mum.

The next morning I told my mum's friend about the night before and she was completely shocked. However, she did tell me that as she keeps a picture of her grandparents on either side of her bed, sometimes she will come into the spare bedroom and the skin sensitive lamps will be on, although no one but her had been in the flat. (She lives by herself.)

The only explanation I can think of for this happening is that I am increasingly becoming more sensitive to the spirit world, more so than when I was younger. I have slept around the flat many times before and nothing remotely close to that has ever happened.

Other hauntings by kaysie_x

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kaysie_x, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-15)
Kaysie, with the flats being about 2 years old, do you know anything about the place they were built on? Was it a existing structure converted to flats? Or built on the site of where another building once stood? A vacant lot?
How thick are the walls? What type of heating/air does it have? Does your mum's friend perhaps have new neighbors, since you last visited? These are all things to take into consideration before leaping to a paranormal conclusion.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not discounting your experience. I would have rung my mom too, or have gone to the living room couch, as I'm sure the bed would have been wet. And, YES, it is possible that you are becoming more sensitive. However, without some research, and perhaps spending another night there, it's impossible to say exactly what you did experience.
kaysie_x (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-15)
The bedrooms are on opposite sides of the flat. I don't know why she thinks it, she told me that it sometimes happens and it was her theory.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
freakedoutfreddy has a point.
Are you sure your mother's friend doesn't snore and/or talk on her sleep?
Are the walls of the flat sound proof?

I have several of those touch lamps at home and some time ago there was some construction going close to my house, I had to unplug the lamps because they would turn on every time the workers used dynamite to blast the rocks on the mountain.
And sometimes my cats climb on the night tables turning the lamps on. 😊

What makes your mother's friend think that the pictures of her grandparents are the reason for the lamps turning on?
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
Hi Kaysie: something similar happened to me one time I went to my friend's for a sleepover, he lives in a complex of apartments and I woke up in the middle of the night at the sound of growling, it was scary to open my eyes to an unfamiliar place and to that noise, the appartment was still and quite, I shook my friend and asked if he could hear the growling, he said "yes, go to sleep, is my next door neighbour and I hear him snoring every night"

You might be sensitive to the spirit world, but first you should try to find an explanation of this world.

I like your story kiddo, you are a good writer. ❤ ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
I will tell you one thing. Usualy when you hear a growl, it real isn't a good thing. I dought it was good. Maybe you are a little more sencitivee to the spirit world. Only time will tell 😁.thanks for sharring hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: