You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: In My Place

Real Ghost Stories

In My Place

 

A long time ago, one of my cousins fell into depression after his wife left him. He felt really bad and needed a break from reality. To get his mind of things he went on vacation to Italy for a while. He had a motorbike and liked it very much. He used to drive it all the time in Italy.

One day he got to an extreme speed and crashed. While he was crashing the Coldplay song "In my place" was playing. The lyrics describe what he was going through perfectly.

Shortly after the crash, he died. His family wanted him to buried in Australia (where we live) so we had his body shipped over. The body was kept in our house upstairs. I wasn't completely comfortable with the idea but I wasn't too fussed. The body stayed there for three days until he was going to buried at his funeral.

One day the room that the body was kept in started making loud noises. As we ignored it, the song "In my place" by Coldplay turned on by itself. (The exact same song that was playing while he died.) Me and my mum where the only ones that were in the house and we where so scared. The song blasted so loudly we were too scared to go upstairs and turn it off. When we did, there was a shadowy figure over the radio. To that day I have no idea what happened that day and it has scared me ever since.

Eventually the body was taken out and the ceremony continued. I still see shadowy figures lingering in the room that he was kept in. Nowadays every time I hear "In my place" by Coldplay it sends cold shivers down my back...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Heyguys, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

stephyw2001 (3 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-18)
My first thought was that he was trying to definitely verify that it was him, sending you a message. I know if I died, my mom has basically demanded I try to communicate with her, letting her know that I'm there or ok. Maybe that is what he was doing? By knowing that song is what you heard when you found he died, it is a pretty strong and hard to argue sign in my opinion.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
Hey there! I just want you to keep calm. Relax! Its just your brother and I bet he doesn't mean any harm to you. He probably likes it when he gets your attention. He is not really in peace but he knows you're there for him still. Feel lucky to have him still around you. May God bless his soul. Thanks.
-Shady
WishfulNull (151 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-16)
I second the question posed by Lady-glow, H2Olily and PoliexterLy... How you know what song he was listening to, when he died? Sorry for your loss...
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-16)
I'm not trying to sound rude but how did you know what song your cousin was listening to when he crashed? He was in Italy after all, right? I doubt you could have heard the song from that far...
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-16)
Yeah, I was wondering that myself. How would anyone know what song was playing? No judgement, just asking...
Hades666 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-16)
In my culture we believe that when an individual dies before his/her time, their spirit tends to roam the earth until they find peace. I know this seems a bit far fetched and at first I didn't believe it either, but a few months back in June, my family had to deal with the murder of my uncle, (dad's brother). Even after his funeral people still see him manifesting in the most strange places. I also live in Australia and have had a personal experience of my own involving a visit from my uncle. So maybe he hasn't found peace yet or it just may have been a sign of saying goodbye. I know this doesn't make sense but that's all I can come up with.

Terribly sorry for your loss.

Hades
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-16)
[at] heyguys,I agree with swinsinfire, it could be your cousin enjoying his song. And giving you all a goodbye, or just letting you know he's there with you. Maybe he is lost and finds comfort, with the people whom gave him comfort in the last days of his life. Hope you find help with the shadow in the room, good luck.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-15)
Welcome to YGS!
I'm sorry for your loss.
I do not mean any offence, but there is something in your story that I do not understand: if your cousin crashed in Italy - How do you know what song he was listening to at that moment?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-15)
It could just be your cousin saying his last hurah, and not sure where to go next. You can help them go to the light. Just get in a meditative place in your mind, maybe burn some sage, and picture the light. Then let them know you appreciate them but they have a better place to be and should go there. Nice story.
Bob101 (8 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
I remember a friend of mine thinking she was haunted because a particular lamp would sometimes turn on by itself, it really freaked her out. I decided to replace the lamp for her, thinking the switch was faulty, she hasn't complained since.

With that said, it's a lot harder to pin faulty electronics on your story; however, I cannot rule it out either.

If I were in this situation, I'd probably try to communicate with "it", See what happens. It would be my hope to receive objective proof this "entity" exists.

The best piece of advice I can give is don't be afraid. We don't know what's going on and fear will not help in figuring that out. Stay calm and relaxed - there are many relaxation exercises you can find online if you find relaxing difficult.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
Hello Heyguys, I would like to advise you to be bold. As far as the turning on the radio is concerned, it could be that just that the song was his favourite and wanted to hear it. Still the shadowy figures you are seeing in the room where his body was kept, could be something. Do you feel agitated or negative vibes or evil about it. Then you can use the cleansing method. Please do reply.

Secondly, if you don't feel negatively about the figures, then if you are courageous enough, I think it could be your cousin's spirit. Have you been seeing the shadowy figures only since your cousin's demise in that room or earlier. Just tell us. We would be in a position to suggest some remedial methods.

Girlymadness, just a piece of advise. If you have anything to comment, please try to give your opinion legibly and not in the way it is made now. You may differ with the O/P and may not like the story at all, but there is a way of expressing your views.

Regards and respects to you both.

SDS
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-14)
It could be a spiritual haunting of your cousin. It seems harmless. Your cousin could be trying to tell you a message through the song...

Best of Luck
Stay Safe

BattleScars

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: