You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: A Knocking in the Closet Cabinet

Real Ghost Stories

A Knocking in the Closet Cabinet

 

It had been a slow week for our little ghost hunting group, when one of our group members told us about this old cabin him and his family used to live in located in Jefferson County. He told us both of his great grandparents had died inside the house, but after he talked to his mom about it, we found out three others had died in there as well.

Josh continued to tell us about what would happen in the house. He said one day he was home alone, and he had made himself a hamburger and left it to cool on the counter, when he came back to get it, a bite had been taken out of it. Then he told us about the cold... Every room in the house was freezing, as we found out the night we stayed there. It was roughly 10:00 at night when we finally made it to the cabin. I stared at it for a moment. Then we realized the doors were locked, leaving yours truly with the task of climbing in through a window to unlock the doors. I stopped and looked around when I got in there... It was dark, and quiet, too quiet, that, "What the hell happens next..." kind of quiet.

I ran and unlocked the doors and everyone else came in. Not much happened to begin with, but after we stepped outside for a few minutes to check stuff out, something happened... We came back in and sat in the living room in a big circle with the lights out. We tried talking to the spirits, but nothing was happening. I decided to go and take another look at the kitchen, which all of us had been in earlier, and all of us had left at the same exact time. I come into the hallway and freeze... Every cabinet door stood wide open, even the fridge stood wide open. Everyone came and checked it out, and we ruled out the possibility that it was one of us.

Me and former member Sean decided to stay in the kitchen and try and talk to it. The other 4 members split into pairs of two and went to different rooms. ME and sean stood there for a good five minutes with nothing happening, until both Josh and Adam ran into the kitchen excitedly. They told us that the closet cabinet in the back room was rocking back and forth, and that the vase on the top didn't move with it. They said when it stopped, they tried to recreate it, but the vase moved with it when they tried. So we switched rooms, and me and sean went to the back room. We tried once again talking to it, saying stuff like, "If you're here, can you give us a sign of your presence?" sure enough, we got a sign. We were standing about 4 feet away from the closet cabinet, the only light on it was the moon shining in the window next too it, and we hear a knock from the inside, we're like, "Woah!" Suddenly, whatever knocked on it punched the inside, so hard that the door actually flexed as if being punched from the inside.

We said some words that would make a sailor blush, then we walked over there to find that there was nothing inside it all, it was empty. Suddenly from the living room we heard josh crying, so we ran to check on him. He sat there, tears rolling down his face as he told us he could hear his great grandfather talking to him...

Other hauntings by Kevan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kevan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

fernowky (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
dude I hope that I never see a ghost or even hear one but its not like I'm not going to see one right but I hope all goes well
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-16)
To Metalhed16. Josh was so upset over the incident, he didn't talk for a while. We sat there trying to comfort him, but he wouldn't talk, I don't know if he was whispering to his great grandfather or not, but about thirty minutes later he started talking again, and he just told us he had heard his great grandfather voice talking to him.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
What a great story!

Did Josh manage to talk to his grandfather and tell him to cross over?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-08)
Thank you for sharing your story.
After Josh spoke to his grandfather, I hope he asked him to pass into peace and comfort. There may be something holding hm to the cabin, obviously he wanted all of you to know of his prescence (if not others). Cvould be prayer is needed to help them cross over.
I hope as a Ghost Hunting group you use yo9ur faith as well as being curious.

God Bless!
Kevan (10 stories) (50 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Well, Josh's grandfather owns it, and he said we could come there, but he was nowhere to be found that night, and he had the key. Earlier that day we had a birthday party for our friend Adam and we were there until 7 p.m., it took 3 hours to get to it. As for the closet thing, yeah, we should have probably checked that earlier on, but be honest, would you expect anything from a closet cabinet? Lol. 😉
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Dear Kevan,

You say you are a ghost hunting group, then perhaps you would have been better off to have first obtained permission to investigate the cabin, and to have gotten a key prior to basically breaking in.

If you would have gotten a key during the day you could have toured and investigated the cabin in daylight hours. Get a feel of the place, and the lay out. You would have seen how things looked before and after. You would have also known the closet was empty before that night's knocking. You could also have set up some cameras and tape recorders for then and later evening hours. There is much that could have also been investigated about the property in records, obituaries, newspaper articles and such prior to your night time visit.

Please ghost hunters do be prepared, do prior homework and ask permission to be on private or public properties. Please do not trespass.

If you are unsure of what you are doing please learn more and do not put you and your fellow ghost hunters in jeopardy by not using common sense.

My hope is your ghost huntings skills and etiquette will improve.--Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: