You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Footprint And Handprints?

Real Ghost Stories

Footprint And Handprints?

 

My siblings and I were talking at the table one night; it was raining out, so all we could hear was just rain hitting the house. The electricity had cut off so we were just sitting there talking and laughing, trying to pass the time.

To others, myself and my siblings are a little different (but who isn't, right?). Our parents taught us how to sing when we're scared or alone; singing helps the head and heart feel better. So we started randomly singing songs that our parents liked. I walked away from the beautiful music my siblings were making and went to the bathroom (I was alone).

I heard someone saying something, it was very hard to figure out what they were saying because it was close to mumbling; but I figured it out. My Dad use to sing a song to me, and it went like, 'Doo-jie Ree-Jie' said in different ways (my father gave us kids really odd nicknames, mine was Doojie [pro: Dew-GEE]). Anyway, I kept hearing someone sing this song, and for some odd reason I started humming the tune the way my Dad would sing it. Then I distinctively heard a man say, "That's my girl..." and I hit something on the counter which created a domino effect on the counter, knocking things over one by one. Last thing that fell was a glass bottle (I heard it shatter). My brother had come to see if I was alright and we didn't clean it up right away (because it was still raining and no electricity at all). He helped me out of the bathroom with a candle so I wouldn't step on any glass.

Next day, I started cleaning up the mess I made. I noticed that my footprint was intact on the floor along with 2 different handprints by my footprint. I took a picture of it and the hands look like the gloves that Mario and Luigi wear, but one was significantly bigger than the other (best way to describe it). My younger siblings took a look and they said that those were handprints, but where they came from is still a question on my mind.

So now I wonder, if my parents are still here roaming the house years after their passing, are they trying to tell me something? Or is this just my imagination running wild?

Other hauntings by m4dm1nnes0tan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, m4dm1nnes0tan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-22)
m4m1nnes0tan, it sounds like your dad was there, to help you feel comforted during the storm. Heartwarming, and smile all across my face. Sorry for your loss', I love your story. ❤ 😊
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
M4D- this is a beautiful story and almost made me cry lol I held it in because i'm at work. I'm very happy for you and your siblings knowing that your father is still there watching you all. This site alwaysssss makes me cry but I love it hehe- notjustme
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
I came into this story thinking your parents were alive... Now it makes more sense now that I'm finished. I feel slow now. Lol (Oh I'm not laughing about how your parents died, that's not funny at all, and I'm really sorry for your lost and all)
That is really nice story. Thanks for sharing and I hope to hear more from you.
GIRLIE ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
Could you please post the picture?

Thank you for sharing. 😊 & 😊& 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: