You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Gettysburg Has Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Gettysburg Has Ghosts

 

It was June 23rd 2013 when my wife and I returned to the Farnsworth House B&B to spend another night with Jeremy (the ghost boy), and anyone else who came along. We had just checked in to our room when we had our first paranormal experience. Two plastic soldiers that had been standing on a table were accidentally stepped on when they showed up on the floor. One of Jeremy's favorite toys is a farm set that I lay out on the bathroom window sill. Before long the farmer figure appeared on top of the bottom window. As my wife sat in the bathroom a plastic pig flew off the sill, sailed across the room and landed on the floor!

As we were leaving for supper we noticed some of our clothes had been removed from the suitcase and were lying on the floor. In the morning Jeremy had played with his farm again by moving fence pieces and adding a chicken, a rabbit, and a cow to the corral. That night we heard the odd door closing and squeak here and there, but with the window air conditioner running all night it was impossible to hear the disassociated footsteps that are common here.

Before I tell you if anything happened on day two let me tell you about another haunted B&B in town. The Tilly Pearce House, one block up Baltimore St., provided us with plenty of impossible events on a past trip to Gettysburg. Apparently a man fell into financial distress and, unable to cope, took his own life in the attic with a gun. The story goes on to say that a loud bang is sometimes heard at night mimicking the event. This bang did not happen during our stay but we were both startled when the bathroom door slammed loudly when neither of us was near it. One window was open so we shut it in case that was the cause. Later, with my wife applying makeup and myself lying in bed, I watched the door slam so hard that it didn't stay shut and bounced open a foot or so. One of us said that it didn't stay shut this time and it immediately slammed again, staying closed!

Later we watched a book fly off the bed and land on the floor. That night my wife asked to be covered with the throw from the bottom of the bed and I cooperated. When I got back to my side she said, "Aren't you going to cover me?" I looked and the throw was pulled off and hanging from the bottom of the bed!

OK, day two at the Farnsworth now. The farm animals continued to change and we experienced the TV changing stations as well. Our room has two locks, only one of which I have a key for. The bottom lock has no key and should only be used if you are in the room or you will be locked out. My wife wasn't feeling well so I went out for a while and when I returned the second lock had been set from the inside and my wife had not done it. While my wife tried to rest the sheets kept getting pulled off.

We have been to Gettysburg many times and are drawn to it like a moth to a flame. We will just keep coming back.

Other hauntings by tedbear

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tedbear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-25)
tedbear, your welcome. Its always fascinating to hear spirits voices talking to you, and I'm sure they would love to know they are being heard.
tedbear (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-25)
Thanks for your idea spiritwaiting, maybe it will incourage me to use my recorder more often. 😁
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-25)
[at] tedbear, just inform the spirits you will have a recorder, to tape their voice and you will be more than happy to play it back for them to hear. Let them know their voice will be heard. That way they'll be more than happy to oblige, and you two won't feel so guilty. Ooh I can't wait for thise stories you will tell.
tedbear (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-25)
Blue Turtle you might enjoy a trip to Lillydale N.Y., a spiritualist community which incorporates mediumship, philosophy, and religion in an easy to understand and except package. Just search for Lillydale Assembly.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
I respect how you made contact in a respectful way instead of "baiting" as some do. I really enjoyed reading this story. Gettysburg is now one of my top choices for the next vacation!
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
I've always wanted to visit Gettysburg and experience something for myself. I feel kind of guilty for not having been yet, especially since I live relatively close. These are all quite amazing occurences, thank you for sharing!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
wow very interesting story. Gettysburg says it all. One of the place ghost hunters allways wish to see. Me on the other hand feel a little safer on this part of the globe 😆.Less activity here. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
tedbear,
Loved your story. I bet there are a lot of stories about Gettysburg that have not been told on this site. I don't know exactly why that is such a hot spot for the paranormal other than the battles fought there but it seems to be.
Years ago a friend, a non believer by the way, was in Gettysburg and as he was taking a walk heard what sounded like a re-enactment of a battle. There was a break in the bushes so he walked through. The battle seemed too intense and brutal to be a re-enactment to my friend but he was mesmerized and could not move. After a little while he isn't sure for how long the battle disappeared and the battlefield turned into a park.
He thought he was losing his mind. He went back to his hotel to lay down before dinner and a staff member saw his distress and asked where he had been. My friend told him where he had been. The staff member nodded and said yes during the warmer weather that is where the re-enactments take place. Then added that only a lucky few get to see what he saw.
Needless to say after that experience he is now a believer. 😆
tedbear (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-21)
My wife and I will be back in October enjoying both our favorite town and 3 new to us B&B's. Hopefully we will be blessed with spirit activity we pretty much always are. We have no ghost busting equipment except a camera and a digital recorder which seldom gets used. We both feel it is kind of sneaky and unfair to secretly research spirit people who come to us in friendship or for help. We do wrestle with that, but feel it is important to let people know that ghosts are real!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-21)
tedbear: I'll love to read more of your experiences on those places, specially if you could take a video of some of that activity and share it in YGS!

Thanks for sharing.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-21)
tedbear, wow! I would have loved to experience all of that! I bet you both were so excited to literally be in the middle of all the activity. Are you going to go back to the other haunted b&b The Tilly Pierce house? If so, post your experiences here, I would enjoy reading them. Awesome story! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: