You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: An Unpredictable Camping

Real Ghost Stories

An Unpredictable Camping

 

So, to start with I would like to introduce myself. Am Triya and am 17 years old. I live in Mauritius. The story am about to narrate occurred last year in December. My family (my mom and dad, 2 aunts and 2 uncles and cousins and me) altogether we were about 25 people, we went camping in a bungalow near the seaside. Our bungalow was not so near to the seaside it was about a 10 minutes walk to the beach.

When we reached there we noticed that the place was quite remote but we discard it away and before going inside we did a small prayer to push away 'bad spirits'. As soon as the prayer was over my cousins and I rushed inside to conquer the best room. All the rooms were upstairs. There was 4 rooms in all, 2 on the left and 2 on the right facing each other and each pair of rooms were connected via a bathroom. To our dismay one of my aunts called us downstairs to help unpack the foods so my cousins and I kept our bags in the first room. While doing so one of my cousins, who is now 25, told us that he was not supposed to come as his father is very ill at home. We consoled him and told him not to feel guilty about it and we headed downstairs.

After unpacking the food and all we were all hungry and tired. We went in the living rooms (me and my cousins) my aunts were in the kitchen taking out food for us and my dad and uncles were in the front garden enjoying beers and the sun. After having lunch it was about 2 pm we decided to watch a scary movie which was recently released. So we kids were in the living room watching the film. My mom and aunts went in the rooms to chat.

After 2 hours the movie was over and my cousin put on another movie but a comedy one. My mom and aunts came down looking a bit tensed. My mom then told me to go and have my bath as it was hot but I said I will watch the movie first so at about 5.30pm I went upstairs to have my bath and I asked my cousin to accompany me. When we arrived on the top floor something attract me to the last room in the left side. The door was closed I had to slide it to open it but it was really hard to open. After a few attempts to open it I stopped to catch my breath and as I did so the door slid open and a strong cool breeze passed beside me. When I peeped in the room to see if any windows were open none were. I looked at my cousin who was behind me looking amazed. I told her to stay in the room while I take my bath. 15 minutes later just before stepping out of the bathroom I heard someone laughing in the room my cousin was supposed to be. I came in the room and no one was there at that moment I stop breathing and looked right in front of me.

I shook myself up and went downstairs fast. To my surprise everyone was there. I looked at my cousins and they looked at me weirdly then one my cousins approached me and told me that she was bored waiting for me so she came down. I didn't told anyone of what happened.

That night when all of us went upstairs to sleep all the women decided to sleep in the room where I took my bath and all the boys in the opposite room so that meant 2 rooms were free.

My aunt and my little cousin went in one of those rooms to explore it. In that particular room there was an antique mirror and as soon as my aunt looked in it she fell in love with it so it was decided she and my little cousin would sleep in that particular room alone. We were about to sleep when the boys burst out in our room to have fun. We were all in sheer delight when my aunt who was in the other room told us that my cousin got locked up in the room alone.

We couldn't go in the room as the handle was broken from inside and my 5 years old cousin won't know how to open the door like this. So one of my uncles tried to go in the room via the bathroom but the bathroom also was locked!

So my cousin decided to jump through the balcony to go in the room. When all this was going on my cousin inside was crying loudly and he was mumbling something over but we couldn't understand. After half an hour the room was successfully unlocked but my cousin didn't stop crying he kept on crying for 2 hours. When he finally calmed down my aunt asked him why was he crying like that he just said 'Mamu' which means maternal uncle.

What happened then was like a shock... Just as my cousin said 'mamu' the phone rang and it was one of my cousins mom calling to say that his dad is dead. (the one who was sick). We just couldn't believe it. How come my little cousin knew that my uncle was dying! It's still a mystery to me.

Other hauntings by Trishspooky

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Trishspooky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Trishspooky (4 stories) (25 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-24)
thnx for all the comments guys... I really appreciate... I also agree with Notjustme and Spiritwaiting.

Lady-glow- well as I said in the story my cousin kept on crying and we couldn't understand what he was mumbling on and when he said uncle and then the phone we were all like OMG! So we didn't really asked my cousin if he was scard of being alone or of something else as we were all preoccupied with my uncle's death.
And to be honest about the door I really don't know if my cousin locked himself up or the door got locked by itself 😕
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
lady-glow: I too thought of the doors, but I don't think it had to do with the uncle's spirit. One of the door was broken and the other was probably also jammed or something. Lately my god daughter locked herself in the bathroom lol it's one of those doors with a push-in knob to lock it. Anyway she couldn't figure how to open it, we eventually got her out. 😳
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
trishspooky, pretty name triya. Anyhow... It sounds like the room your cousin was supposed to wait for you in may have just had a residing spirit in it. Or it could have been a draft of some sort. Which also brings me to the little cousin being locked in the room, I agree with lady-Glows question. It could have been your cousin just locked himself in, but it could also have been the residing spirit toying with him. Spirits do have a funny side. Nice story. 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
Interesting story. -I agree with notjustme and think your little cousin saw the spirit of your uncle.
Although there is something I do not understand -do you know if the kid was crying because he was afraid to be locked in the room or was it because he got scared of the old man's spirit?

It puzzles me that a spirit trying to say his goodbyes would lock the doors in order to terrorize a little boy. -Are you sure he didn't lock himself in?

Thanks for sharing.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-23)
Trishspooky - I believe your little cousin saw the spirit of your uncle. Younger children are more intuned with the spirit world because their minds have simply not sht them out or doubt them, therefore leaving room for much more possibilities. As we grow up, we are distracted by money and time and materials. The topic of "supernatural" is not accepted by all because some chooses to believe in science logic or 'have-to-see-it-to-believe-it. Children, however, has not decided yet what to tune out, so spirits can get in contact with them more. Notice how most scary movies, children are the first to take notice in anything? It's a good thing no one got hurt. 😉 God bless you and yours- notjustme

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: