You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Tiny Haunted Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

Our Tiny Haunted Apartment

 

In our little two bedroom apartment, in 2007 we had four kids and ourselves. It wasn't what you would call spacious or cozy in the least, but we made do with what little we had.

When we first moved in, the feel to it was stuffy. Not because of the size, but it felt crowded. I felt as though there were people all around me the minute I stepped through the door.

One morning I had started my usual routine, cooking breakfast, clean all rooms, etc. Then get the kids ready for the day. I was in the middle of washing dishes, and my three boys were down the hallway playing in their room, and my daughter was sitting in the kitchen with me. I hadn't been able to get to the living room just yet when I heard my belt being moved across the carpeted floor. Thinking it was one of my boys, I walk into the living room and I could still clearly hear them all still in their room playing. They knew the rules: stay and play in the room until I finish the front part of the apartment.

I looked down and the belt had literally been taken off of the door and placed in front of the kitchen walkway. I pick it up and put it back. I go back and finish the dishes when I hear my youngest son in my room, talking. I slowly walk up to the door, it's cracked open a bit so I look through.

I see my son, turned towards the corner sitting Indian style, literally having a conversation, with no one. He responds, "No, I can't do that, my mom will get mad." He then shakes his head and looks up. It truly looks like he's in a conversation, with something I can't see.

I get a little freaked out, but stay calm and call out his name. He didn't respond in anyway. He sat there as though he was listening to this invisible thing, looking up and nodding. So I call out his name once more, this time he shakes his head and turns to me. He says, "Huh, Mama?"

I asked him, "Who were you talking to?" He tells me he doesn't know his name but he told him to go to the bathroom and take the candy out of the cabinet and eat them. I immediately grew scared, and angry at the same time as those were aspirin for my migraines, and my son was only three.

I asked him has he seen this thing before, he told me no. I grabbed him and told him to stay next to me for the remainder of the day.

A couple of days later, as I was preparing my kids for daycare in the morning, I went to grab my ID in order to cash my paycheck. I always left it on the top shelf in my kitchen along with my purse, wallet, etc. I reach up and I can't feel it, I climb up on the cabinet and it's not there. My children, at that time, where all toddlers and couldn't climb up, as they were all short.

I search around, tear the place apart and I never found it. We didn't have much in there to begin with, just the essentials.

Throughout our entire six months there, I couldn't sleep in my room due to the bed always vibrating, and hearing whispers from the same corner my son had been talking to that thing in.

Two nights before we moved out, we had all our belongings packed and ready to go. The only things left were the kids' toys, and our blankets left out. We had just settled down, kids asleep and my husband and I relaxing watching TV, when we heard one of the kids' toys playing music. I get up, and check on this toy. The button was on the off switch, so I think it's a short and take the batteries out. I head back to the living room. The minute I lay my head down, that same toy chimed in along with another toy. Two at this point going off.

We both sit up and look at each other. We both agreed, this spirit didn't like that we were leaving. I got up went into the room and the two toys stop immediately. I pick both up and throw them in the dumpster. I lay back down a bit freaked, and that's when all there toys start up. Louder than I had ever heard them. I run into the room, and I literally see all the toys moving around the room as though something was playing with them. I ran out down the hall and told my husband to go check it out.

He was terrified, but he sucked that up and walked to the room. He stood there in shock. He yelled it's time to throw all these out. I yelled back, "It's not the toys, it's the spirit you say doesn't exist."

That night was restless, as was the the next night. My children, after a couple of months into the lease, refused to sleep in their room. They would tell me it felt like someone was pinching them, while they laid in bed. And they could hear someone always whispering into their ears. So they would either sleep in the living room, or in my bed with us.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kayraa (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-25)
you were right they're more scary. I can't believe he told him to eat the candy. I never realized how dangerous they can be 😲
believer_58 (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-07)
My mouth dropped when I read that the "man" wanted your son to eat the "candy". Oh man that scared me so bad:- (
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-24)
[at] Quijas_rule,Thank you for taking your time to comment. But Quijas are just not for me. Id rather try the old fashioned way, talking to them outloud. It works wonders.
Ouijas-rule44134 (3 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2014-02-09)
That is so creepy get a ouija board so you can communicate with this spirit! Yell out loud, get out of my house! 😠 😠 😠
Lady_Kasey (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
I'm so thankful that you and your family escaped and got out of there! Thank God. Never stop praying! I will pray for the safety of your family and all families around the world! ❤
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-28)
well now that I think about it, We moved from there to a family members home, and a lot of freaky things went on there. It could have followed, but I'm not sure. From there we moved into the "Purple House". Where some really creepy stuff happened. So it may have actually followed.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-28)
[at] notjustme, lol, my husband thought I was kind of crazy for a while, soon he got what he needed to believe. [at] raftingirl, no it didn't follow. Thank goodness though. [at] valikcry, yeah I felt the same way when my youngest told me that. For a spirit to have the nerve to do that. And then continue to pinch them, while they were sleeping. Whom ever it was, was just plain nasty in my book.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-28)
spiritwaiting- sitting here, sick but I don't think the chill I'm feeling is just from the illness but from your account. The idea of ANYONE (dead or not) suggesting a child eat 'candy' that would kill them, makes me livid. What ever its reasoning was... UGH! It just makes me so mad! I'm glad you and yours made it out ok.
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
Good heavens - glad you all escaped unharmed:)

Please tell us all that whatever it was didn't follow you ~ please? ❤
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
Spiritwaiting - Yikes! I could only imagine how you felt about the "candy". Definitely agree that moving was best and i'm very happy to hear that all offsprings were unharmed + parents😊 hahaha I bet your hubby now believes that it was not just nothing. 😲
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
[at] Redwolf, my children are somewhat well behaved. They know to ask me before just grabbing something and eating it, etc. Thank goodness, he knew better. Because those were the advils, the ones that taste sweet, when you put them on your tongue. Thank you, for commenting, such kind words. And thank you Nectarvore and seeker1 for also commenting. 😊 ❤
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
[at] Nectarvore, Imagime what I was feeling when he told me that. My body felt like it went into shock for a coupke seconds, them I was extremely pissed. Because all I could really do was keep him with me the remainder of the day. At that time I had no idead how to fight against something, I couldn't see.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
[at] seeker1,I to am a fan of paranormal witness, and ghost adventures. I go to the library and check out books on anything paranormal. I am obsessed, with all things, what started it was my first experience with my mom. Your theory does make sense, though how would we ever find that to be true? Great thoughts though. 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
spiritwaiting
WOW. I can't believe that a spirit told your little one to take pills saying that they were candy. Thank God he knew that he shouldn't do it.
It's a good thing that you had the strength to protect your family by keeping the spirit at bay. It's because of you that it didn't follow you to your new place.
Regards
RedWolf
Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
Spiritwaiting... That part about your little boy telling you that it told him to go into the medicine cabinet? Oh my god. As a mother, I went cold all over at that part. Know that all children have protection from source, and higher astral beings assigned to protect them. Far out, what a sitch. Ask the angels around your little ones to take it in twenty four-seven shifts with overtime, if your little one is saying things like that... Motherhood is difficult enough without malicious sabotage from spooky pookies like that. I moved my little boy back into my room when he started having night terrors. And my ex boyfriend, who is a very talented and fearless ghostbuster (lol) did a full cleansing on my little boys room. The best herbs to use in my experience are frankincense, white sage and myrrh. Crystal sea salt too. Fight like a tiger.:)
Seeker1 (3 stories) (58 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
Hello Spiritwaiting,
Oh how to word this... I know the spirit seemed "evil" due to what it was telling your son to do. However, here's my "crackpot" theory:
It seems to me that whenever I hear stories (or see them on TV) like yours, that there is a method to the MADNESS of these spirits. I wonder if the spirit committed suicide via pills? Perhaps these spirits do not recognize that the human they are communicating with is only a little boy. Perhaps what the spirit sees is a"beacon" of "light" and not a little boy. Much like animals see in infra red. Does that make sense? It just seems like in a lot of these stories, the spirits try and get whoever can see them to do exactly what they did to end their earthly lives. Could this be their way of communicating how they died?
Maybe I watch way too much " A Haunting" and "Paranormal" Witness" lol.
Just my thoughts.
Thanks for sharing and I am so happy your family is safe and moved out.

Blessed BE
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
[at] Basilissa and Rath9375, I agree with all of you. Living there was really hard. Looking back on all of it, that spirit really tried hard to make things difficult. Stealing my Id, messing with my youngest son, etc.
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
I have to agree with everyone else. I'm glad you got out of there. I hope the next people to move there are/were ok.
Basilissa (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
Whoever or whatever this spirit was, he certainly was evil. It's good you moved out because it seems he wanted to hurt you. As BadJuuJuu said, he/it was too nasty and dangerous to live with.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
[at] lady-glow, I asked my son the next day who he was talking to. He told me it was a tall old man in the roof (ceiling). He said he was mean looking and he yelled at him, when he wouldn't do what he said. [at] echostrung, I agree with you completetly. The toys going off was definitely a perfect example, of it growing stronger. [at] trishspooky and BadJuuJuu, I was definitely ready to move out. My husband and
I began arguing everyday, I also started to have incredible migraines, and body aches. I went to my doctor and he couldn't find anything physicaly wrong. Thank you all for reading and commenting ❤ 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
I agree with everyone else, so glad you guys got out of there! Some things, you can live with. Some things, you can't. Whatever was in that apartment was definitely in the "can't" category.
EchoStrung (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
I think that it didn't want you to leave because it was slowly gaining power by interacting with your family. Some of these things have a very weak foothold until they begin to build influence, then they can get their hooks in you (hence the slow increase in activity). Whatever it was, was malevolent. Good thing you got out.
Trishspooky (4 stories) (25 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
wow...that spirit sounds dangerous for he told your son to take those aspirins... You did the best moving out. 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-25)
Very interesting story.
I got goose bumps just imagining all the toys playing on their own, but the part when the ghost asked your son to take the aspirins made me bite my fingernails! 😨

Did any of your children ever describe the appearance of the spirit?

I'm glad you moved out of that place before anyone got hurt.
Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: