You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: D Is For Doppelganger

Real Ghost Stories

D Is For Doppelganger

 

As would be expected, a lot has happened since I was last on here, which looks to be 2 years ago! In due time I'll explain my absence, but for now I'll start with what is troubling me the most.

I have been with my partner (whom we'll call Michael for privacy reasons) for nearly a year now and this started happening in November of 2012. Now before I delve into it, at all times when these sightings have occurred he has not been on any medication, drugs of any kind nor had he been consuming alcohol, just to rule those out.

To better understand this story, I better give you a layout of the house. Walk through the front door you are greeted by the dining room with a open plan kitchen at the end of it. Take 4 steps forward and to your left you have the lounge which is connected to the dining room by two doors which are kept open at all times. Next to the lounge is a small extension of the house which is Michael's little sisters playroom. The playroom is separated from the dining room by a glass wall and a glass door. Keep walking straight from the front door and to your right is a door leading to the garage and laundry room. Next to the laundry door is the hallway. The hallway is 'L' shaped and the first room to your right is his mothers and sisters room. Go down to the corner of the 'L' and you'll find the main bedroom which his grandmother resides in. At the corner of the 'L' and slightly off to the right is Michael's room and at the very end of the 'L' is the bathroom.

Michael has been seeing my doppelganger. The appearances have been happening generally once or twice a month and it was usually just out of the corner of his eye. My doppelganger has usually been seen in and around his room and up and down the hallway. After grilling him for details, I found out that before these sightings he would always get a whiff of my perfume that I tend to always wear. Now, the sightings have only ever been at his house and no one in his family has my perfume and none of my clothing is at his house. The doppelganger seems to have my sense of style down to a fine art as it is always seen wearing my usual attire. Michael has always picked up a feeling a sadness every time he's seen my doppelganger.

Now, here's where it picks up a notch. A few months back in June I was on the phone to Michael when he suddenly stopped mid-sentence and everything went dead quiet. Thinking something happened, I immediately got worried and asked what was wrong. All I got in reply was very frightened whispers. Getting slightly frustrated I asked yet again, what was wrong. Michael finally told me he was seeing my doppelganger. I then got very worried as he was very frightened! I asked Michael what happened and he said he had been walking around the dining room table talking to me when out of the corner of his eye he saw someone sitting on the couch in the lounge. All his family had retired to bed for the day so he was surprised. As he turned to face it, he saw that it was my doppelganger, clear as day, casually sitting on the couch. Scaring the beejezus out of him, he ran into the playroom. My doppelganger then proceeded to get up from the couch, walk towards the kitchen and (from what Michael heard, as he couldn't see at this point) get a glass of water. (No glass was ever found as proof of this) As I calmed him down over the phone, I asked him if he got any vibe from the doppelganger. He said picked up a obvious negative vibe. Not in a menacing way, just down and unhappy. He also said it looked like my doppelganger was in pain. (Can doppelganger's even feel pain?)

Now, I definitely know Michael wasn't bluffing to me as this happened over the phone and no one can fake the kind of fear that was in his voice. Another thing to note is the doppelganger had brown hair, where as I have dyed my naturally brown hair blonde. That seems to be the last sighting of it he's had for a while, what happened?

Help would be greatly appreciated here as I am going out of my mind with questions. WHAT is this thing? What does it want? Why imitate me? No one else in his family has seen it other than Michael.

Thank you for reading

Other hauntings by CDubber

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CDubber, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
em excuse me yes I am and I don't see what me being a mother has to do with my comments I asked a simple question which I was confused about I may not click on straight away love but that doesn't make me less of a mum.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-15)
lexi-loo: I hope the following link helps you to understand the meaning of "glass wall":
Ps://www.google.ca/search?q=glass+wall+pictures&espv=2&biw=1340&bih=615&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CDsQsARqFQoTCKyl56mZ

Are you really the mother of three young children?🤔
Your posts are so...juvenile.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-08-15)
what id like to knowbos how do you get a glass wall... Would that not make ot a door or a window?
Blackfoot (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-23)
I guess I once had something of a doppelganger-like experience. When I was about 6 or 7, my mother was in the room with me as I was taking a nap and she said that she saw me get up out of my body and walk around, and then lay down again, in my body, even though I was laying there the whole time. Kind of eerie.

Maybe you left feelings of pain at your boyfriends house?

Otherwise all I could imagine it is is an entity with a lot of power stealing your appearance and identity for -?
daromin (1 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-21)
hello
CDubber
Thank you for shareing and I would like to share another theory that has been floating around for quite a hile it is to do ith past life conections showing a physical form of present people let me explain the idea is that when you lived in a past life you look just like you would today just have different points to tell you apart when that life ends you are reborn but the imprint of that persons life is also stuck in a loop some people have had a similar thigs were there seem to be two of them.
So the idea is your past life and your present life have intersected this gave form to the let's say residual energie of sed life but as you are the dominant life the energie took the look and clotheing of you to be able to be recognised.
As for the sad or gloomy feeling it could support this theory more as in a past life that vertion of you could have sufferd something terrible leaving this scar in the energie adding to the form being upset.
About your boyfriend only seeing it it may be that as past life theory goes you may have met him in a past life and had a similar relationship with him as these entitys meet there is a fermiliarity ith the 2 whitch makes her feel safe meaning she would be more inclined for him to see her/ you it is realy fasinating and thank you for sharing and thank you for reading:)
Daro
CDubber (9 stories) (49 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-09-27)
Miracles51031,
Thank you for sharing and posting the link. Yes, I agree I also have varied views on things such as this, but I am open to everyone's opinion since this kind of thing truly fascinates me

Thanks
CDubber 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Cdubber - because this subject, as well as Shadow People, fascinates me I did a little research this morning and found a couple of possible answers that somewhat satisfy my curiosity.

I've never accepted the answer/theory that seeing your own doppelganger means you are going to die for a couple of reasons. Death is imminent anyway, so for someone to see their their doppelganger doesn't necessarily mean that brought about their death. It just means it was their time to die 😉 And also there are many stories of people who have encountered their doppelganger and lived to share that experience with others.

Here are a couple of theories I'm a bit more comfortable accepting simply because they make more sense to me. I found this on Manchester Paranormal's site. Http://www.manchesterparanormal.org/Doppelganger.php

"A very real possibility for a doppelganger image is a crisis apparition. A crisis apparition is an image of a living person who is usually in grave danger or injury. They are able to subconsciously reach out to loved ones, often times many miles away.

Our position - forget the old folklore, but there are residual energy likenesses that can be trapped in time and present themselves to their human counterpart. We also believe that some doppelganger experiences can possibly be a crisis apparition, where the energy of a person in great harm or pain is presented to a receiver, typically miles away."

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which is what makes us unique and individual. I just prefer these possible explanations 😊
CDubber (9 stories) (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Slenderman,

I also forgot to mention, I did a bit of research on Doppelganger's myself, and it was probably for the best that I didn't try and confront it. Death certainly isn't on the cards for me just yet, haha. 😆
CDubber (9 stories) (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Slenderman,

Thanks for replying. Since I posted this story, Michael has not seen my doppelganger since. Maybe my doppelganger made it's grand entrance as a way of saying goodbye?
Slenderman (33 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
I am seeing a basic lack of the most important information about doppelgangers...

To those saying the person should seek out and comfort their own doppelganger, that is ill advised... Because if you see your doppelganger it is a sign of death.

As for the story, I have never heard of someone talking to someone as they experience seeing them when that is impossible... Lucky timing? Haha.

Keep it real,

Slenderman
CDubber (9 stories) (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-30)
spiritwaiting: Thank you, I'm well on the way to recovery! 😊

Taylah1: Doppelgangers obviously aren't a rare occurrence these days, I'm sure you'll find plenty of other stories on here that'll be somewhat similar to your experiences.

Harrypotterrules: Thank you! Also thanks for clearing that up for me, I wasn't sure whether or not they could feel emotions like the living do!

Swimsinfire: That's what was puzzling me, why choose me to mimic? Michael also has another resident ghost which is his grandfather, and I was curious as to why Michael's grandfather didn't make a fuss over another entity intruding on his home and family?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-09-29)
This is a lot of great information. How odd if it's a spirit mimicing you.
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-09-29)
Welcome back! Doppelgängers are spirits, and, as such, can feel pain, as well as other emotions like happiness, anger, and jealousy. I suggest that if either one of you ever sees a doppelgänger ever again, they they should attempt to comfort it as if the spirit were still living. God bless you all. 😉
Taylah1 (1 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-09-29)
I have a similar story like this! I thought I was just going crazy but I have seen myself as a Diffrent form twice before and so has a friend I know...
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-09-28)
cdubber, I'd say youve done some great research. And maybe the doppleganger was trying to tell him something. I know diabetes can be troublesome. I hope you are ok after your hospital visit. And yes maybe that could be the case. Jist wait a little, I'm sure there will be many others to give you a little more insight. Well wishes
CDubber (9 stories) (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-28)
Miracles1031: Thankfully, no. The most we bicker about is everyday things like what to have for dinner, haha. Yes, I can say Michael is a bit emotionally needy. So, he does find it difficult to be alone. So, that's a possible theory as to what this is.

Spiritwaiting: The closest I've come to death recently was a hospital admission with a kidney infection (darn Diabetes!) I have heard of a theory, it might be far fetched so if so, let me know... There's a theory that non-human entities that roam our realm along with us sometimes want to show themselves to the people they're living with, so as not to scare them by showing their true form, they take on the form of someone else that person knows (i.e loved one, family friend.) Now, that explanation of that theory is a bit rusty as I haven't had the time to properly study it. But, could this be the case here?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-09-28)
cdubber, Miracles51031, got me to thinking. I've heard dopplegangers are usually a sign of impending death when the person whom has the doppleganger sees it. But in your case, it seems to be a residing spirit, just wanting your attention. Since the spirit is roaming around Michaels house, showing itself to him in your form. Also could be a lonely spirit, just needing a friend. Try and have Michael communicate with it and figure out why its doing such things. If hes brave enough, I would be just scared out of my wits though. Good luck
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
10 years ago (2013-09-28)
CDubber - doppelganger stories are as intriguing to me as Shadow Man ones.

I honestly don't know how or why doppelgangers appear. There have been many very good theories posed on this site, such as when we (living people) create energy by repeating the same daily routine. Like a mailman performing his route every day. He retires, yet someone sees him, waves and says hi. Mailman doesn't respond because it's not him. He's at home sleeping in. It's the energy he has created over the past 20 years.

In Michael's and your case, I don't think this is the same situation. The first thoughts that came to mind while reading your experience was this. Were you and Michael going through any relationship trouble at the time he would see the other you? Or was he going through anything that he would have felt the need for you to be with him, possibly "creating" you? This is really the only thing I can think of at the moment. I'm sure other members will have other questions, comments and/or advice.

Welcome back 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: