You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Childhood Home

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Childhood Home

 

I lived in Denver, Colorado, as a child and the things I witnessed scarred me for life. There was always a baby crying in the basement and the basement was filled with rocks of sand. To get to the basement you had to go through a closet and pull down the stairs.

There was also a figure of a tall man walking around at night. Once my older sister was chasing a figure of an infant child that she claims smiled at her before disappearing in the wall? Once I saw the top of the head of a man in the bathroom mirror. We took baths but the water was very thick and felt like blood. You could always hear people talking and you would enter the room with no one in sight. The appliances would turn on and off by themselves and the TV channels would turn as well. We had an old rocking chair that was always moving.

The house was split into two sections and was being rented out by an older lady at the time but I am not sure if she ever experienced anything. Also, when we first moved in the furniture from the previous owners was all there. We even found bikes in the garage, almost as if someone ran out. Most of the time I was scared to death to go home because I did not understand what was going on. I don't know much about the house except it was built in the 1920's.

I drove by last week and noticed it was still there. My nightmares revolve around this house!

Thank you!

(Story has been edited, deleting address.)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, salad, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-29)
That would be terribly creepy having to grow up there as a small child. I'm sorry what you witnessed scarred you for life, but I also don't blame you one bit!

However, and this is just my two cents, I don't think anything about this story merits "psycological help". Seems a bit extreme to suggest that here on this story, in my opinion, allthough I know it is written and meant with well-wishes.

Nightmares happen, and unless they're constant or recurring and disrupting your life, you're probably fine.
I have nightmares about a certain house from my childhood/present day (same house) as well, and nothing even remotely traumatizing/terrifying has ever happened there. You could say my nightmares revolve around MY particular house too, but I can positively reassure you there are no repressed memories or trauma/anxieties there that renders the need of psychological intervention.
I wonder if the reason we sometimes have nightmares like that, is because of something spiritual residing in the particular residence.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-29)
You know it's ok to see a psychologist and believe in paranormal phenomina at the same time. And this might sound hokey, but it is very freeing, go to a sweat lodge. It's meant to be personally cleansing of mind soul and body, you can find them in most parts of the country. It's with a group, they do a ceramony, it's a good thing.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-28)
salad, I'm a tiny bit confused on your description of how to get to the basement. You say you went through a closet and pulled down the stairs? I've seen entries to attics like that, but never a basement. Do you mean the stairs had to be lowered into the basement in order to descend? That alone would be very unusual (at least to me).
Have you ever tried talking about the things you remember with your family? Like spiritwaiting, I would suggest a psychologist, only because these experiences need to be put to rest. The past is the past and do not need to upset your present.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-28)
salad: I agree with spiritwaiting on that it would be a good idea to get psychological help; there is no reason to allow those childhood terrors to haunt your present life. 😢

Thanks for sharing.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-28)
salad, I understand being a young child those experiences and occurences would affect you to the core. I myself had gone through too many to count as a child. I am no longer scared, but more fascinated by it now. The spirits in your childhood home seems more like residual. Meaning just past times reenacting themselves out. I hope you find a way to, beable to get rid of those nightmares. I'm not trying to make you sound crazy, but try and talk to a psycologist. They could help to relieve you of those.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: