You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Disappearing Old Man

Real Ghost Stories

Disappearing Old Man

 

I had just gotten ready for bed when I heard dragging on my floor. I looked down from my bed and saw a shadow. I was really freaked out. I looked at the chair across my bed and an old man was staring at me. I cried myself asleep.

Later that night around 3:00am, my brother ran in my room and woke me up. He said he saw an old man go in my room. I asked him where he went and he said he died. I asked him what he meant by that and my brother told me that the old man disappeared in the hallway.

I told my dad but he thought I was crazy. I have tried to avoid the ghost but it seems impossible. I feel like somebody is watching me everywhere I go at home. I feel breathing in my face when I go to bed, stuff from my room falls off when it has no reason to.

I talked to my grandma and she told me that there are no such things as ghosts but there are such things as demons and evil spirits. She told me that if I play magic or watch scary movies it will cause the spirit or demon to try and interact with me and be harmful towards me.

The ghost or whatever it is doesn't seem to want to harm me, it just follows me around and watches me. When I have thought that it was around me I have tried to ask it questions but it doesn't answer back. I'm thinking of maybe getting a Ouija board but my grandma told me NEVER to use them because it is dangerous and can cause other spirits to try and interact with me too, and they could maybe be evil and could be violent and dangerous.

I need help and opinions on what I should do. Anybody got any ideas? It would be really helpful. I'm going crazy right now because nobody believes me...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, makyla6666, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-01)
Hi makyla6666, Val has properly advised you in this matter. Please do take it. My suggestion would be to talk to the old man. Just tell him, in a respectful way that you don't want to be disturbed or watched over often. You request him to respect your privacy. Perhaps that could help since you do not feel that it is an harmful entity.

Secondly, DONOT USE OUIJA BOARDS. Val and Groovieghoulie have advised in this regard. Please be guided accordingly. It is not a toy. It is a gateway for the spirits to enter our realm and as Groovieghoulie, one the spirit enters our domain, it is quite difficult for us to drive them away. Hence I advise both makyla6666 and Raftingirl not to use Ouija Boards at all.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Groovieghoulie (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-30)
Raftingirl,

Ouija boards are bad because in the hands of the inexperienced one can do real damage to themselves or others. Demons, and poltergiests and evil things who happen to be waiting to cross into this world and an inexperienced and some times even the experienced unkowingly let things in where they shouldn't be. Improper closing of a portal and so on can make you, and your house seem like Grand Central Station for the dead, the once human and the non human entities that are again, just waiting for a way in... And once in they really don't want to leave...so, if you do "play" with a Ouija board which I hope you do not, take care and becareful as one never really who or what they may be talking to...
makyla6666 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-30)
thanks for all the help guys, really glad about that, I will try some of the things you have said and will keep in touch if anything happens 😳
ghostlysmile (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-30)
I suggest you that you should call a priest by your grandma's help
Make your parents believe at your words and also wear a holy locket and chant a hym before going and after getting up from your bed
Be safe
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-29)
My suggestion: Leave an open bible in your room, especially turned to the Psalms. Sing a hymn and say your prayers morning and night, at least. Fear not! Now that you know that there might be things that human beings may never be able to explain, look at this as an opportunity to begin to explore your own spiritual life.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-09-29)
Raftingirl, perhaps this article will answer your question: http://paranormal.about.com/cs/ouijaboards/f/blfaq_ouija01.htm
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-29)
Can someone please explain to me why Ouija boards are so bad? Is it because they are made by Mattel? Honestly, it's more of a plaything than a vortex to spirits, it seems to me. Every time I've been involved, it was all the folks doing stupid things.

I think what makyla6666 is facing has nothing to do with trying to reach out to a spirit. However, it does not sound harmful and having someone watch out for you is not so bad. Just my penny's worth. ❤
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-09-29)
makyla6666,
First and foremost DO NOT even THINK about using a Ouija board. Those things can be bad news, especially in the hands of someone who doesn't know what they're doing.
Like spiritwaiting, I don't believe that scary movies or books attract demons or evil, but I DO believe they can effect a person's mind set and put a suggestible mind into overdrive. Unlike your Grandmother I don't believe all spirits are demonic or evil. That doesn't mean she's wrong, just that we have different beliefs. But she is right that you shouldn't 'play' with magic, or attempt to contact any spirits, as it is apparent that you are quite unprepared for such attempts, and might be fooled into thinking a bad one is good.
I don't know what your beliefs are when it comes to religion, but assuming (from your Grandmother's advice) that it is Christian based, you might try saying the Our Father when ever you get scared, or just asking your deity to protect you. Perhaps you could ask to have your house blessed. Maybe your Grandmother would help with this? Just explain to her that your scared and what's been happening. It's obvious that she loves you and wants you safe, so you might be successful there.
Groovieghoulie (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-29)
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER "play" with a Ouija board! It is a very real possibility that you could or would open up a portal and instead of having one old man staring at you, you could have a whole battallion of things from your worst nightmares trying to hurt you, communicate with you and worst of all they will not go away unless you know how to close the portal properly... The best protection from such things is to never begin with a ouija to start with.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-29)
oh and also I can't say this enough, never play with quija. If you don't know how to use it, then you could be opening up yourself to many other problems, besides the one spirit that's there. I don't believe watching scary movies can attract demons or evil, but your setting yourself up for a paranoid evening if your spooked easily.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-09-29)
makyla6666, ok just know your not crazy. It may be a relative that has passed and may just be watching over you. Especially since it doesn't give you bad vibes. Maybe a deceased grandfather, or older uncle. Just, say a protective prayer, and let the spirit know he needs to go to the light. Rest assured, though there will be others on here that can help you more and give you specific instructions.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: