You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Brother's Double

Real Ghost Stories

My Brother's Double

 

In my first post, I wrote about seeing an unknown entity mimic my mother; in my second post I'm writing about the entity taking on the form of my older brother.

One day when I was a teenager, I was at home and I was reading a really good book that I didn't want to put down, but my bladder was about to burst so I rushed to the bathroom. As I was doing my thing, at the corner of my eye, I see the closed shower curtain move, so I glance over and for just a second or two, I see what looks like my brother laying in the bathtub... Reading a magazine, of all things. Just before he glances back at me, I look away, pretending that I didn't see him.

I hurried and finished, decided not to wash my hands, opened the door and walked out. I took a couple of steps into the hall and I was like, wait a minute, didn't I just see my peeping tom brother in the bathtub, I'm going to give him a piece of my mind. It was like I almost forgot about it for some reason.

I immediately turned around, and marched to the tub, ready to get mad at my brother, but when I pulled open the shower curtain, no one is there. I chalked it up to my imagination until the next time I saw it.

One night I was partially awakened by someone walking down the hallway and into my room. My sister was sleeping on a twin bed on one side of our room and I was sleeping on a queen bed on the other side of the room. Still half asleep, I opened my eyes slightly and saw what looked like my brother walk towards the foot of my bed. I felt him climb into bed with me; although this was strange, I thought maybe he saw something in his room again and was too scared to sleep alone. I remember awaking one morning to find him curled up at the foot of my bed sleeping. He said he heard and saw something sitting on the chair next to his bed so he ran into our room. We teased him about it! Although, I thought something had to have scared the crap out my older bother to come sleep in his sister's room.

I was sleeping near the dresser, facing my sister and he, or who I thought was my brother was behind me. Not bothering to open my eyes, I said, "What? Did you see something in your room again and now your too scared to sleep in there, Chicken?" My shoulder was pushed so I started laughing and glanced behind me, but no one was there. There was only the other half of the queen bed and the wall, with no space in between. I quickly jumped out of bed and just stood there staring at my empty bed. I was so scared, I could literally hear my heart beating.

I glanced at my sister, but I wasn't about to wake her up because we didn't get along; I wasn't going to sleep with my older brother, who's doppelganger I just saw; and I was too old to sleep with my parents. They would all probably just laugh at me anyway! I could sleep in the living room, but I would be even more scared in that room, which is whole another story. After praying, I decided to suck it up and try not to think about what happened.

I just shut the bedroom door, left the light on, and got back into my bed; however, before I did, I piled the empty side of the queen bed with clothes, jackets, pillows, and extra blankets. Like that can keep a ghost away, but it made me feel better LOL.

Other hauntings by Lady_Bug81

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lady_Bug81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lady_Bug81 (4 stories) (7 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
My family and I no longer live in that house. We moved years ago. My family say's they never seen anything too strange/scary like I did other than the small occurrences like doors opening by themselves, noises, and seeing things on the side of their eye. Of course I never told them all of experiences I had in that house, just some. I asked my brother what he saw that scared him so much that he slept in our room, but he said he doesn't remember that. I don't know if he is just saying that or if he truly doesn't remember. I will probably never know what was in that house mimicking us. No one lived in that house for years until recently. I've kind of been tempted to stop by and see if they have any weird happenings going on, but they might think I'm just a crazy person too so I choose not say anything.
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
Have you shared any of this with your family? Maybe everyone is seeing them, but to afraid to say anything because they fear the other people in the house will think they're crazy. That night that your older brother slept in your bed, maybe he saw a doppelganger! Try to get together as a family and figure out a way to make it stop. Best of luck! 😁
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
lady_bugs81 - very scary stuff! I've read your other story and that was creepy too. I could picture it all. Is your family going through anything at the moment? Especially your brother and mother, that you know of?

From just what I've read here, doppelgangers tend to manifest through energies. I do not say "negative" energies because i've read about decent ones here before, example your brother in the tub didn't seem too bad. However during the bed incident you didn't state that you felt fear until you realized there was nothing there. Therefore leads me to believe it could have not necessarily been the thing taking form of your family members. Maybe another entity... Maybe family...i'm really just throwing out all sorts of possibilities out there for you lol. Either way sounds like your household is full of activity. Maybe consider a blessing? Best of luck to you- notjustme
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-04)
I read your other story after reading this one. It sounds like you grew up in a very active house. Something there certainly enjoyed messing with your mind. Doppelgangers are something I've never encountered and I hope it stays that way!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: