You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

Paralysis

 

I am 21, from Delhi, India, currently pursuing my Chartered Accountancy and working with one of the top accounting firms of the world. In my life I have had three paranormal experiences. The one I am going to tell you about through this post happened just over a year ago.

I live with my mother and two elder sisters. That day, both my sisters were visiting my cousins. Mom was asleep in her room.

It was like any other night and I hit the bed at 2 am (I am a late sleeper). I had a nightmare where I was being chased by an unknown entity and I was really scared, but soon enough I realized that it was just a dream I was watching and willed myself to wake up. Little did I know that the real nightmare had just begun.

I was sleeping with my belly downwards and my head resting on the pillow, turned to the left. To my horror, I was unable to move even an inch. I tried so hard just to move my fingers or my feet or my head but I could not move anything. I kept trying for the longest period of time and felt so helpless that tears started flowing out of my eyes. And then I saw it. In the corner of the room, seated on a chair was a man. I had never seen that man before and I could not see his face, I could just see him staring at me. I was unable to close my eyes because of my paralysis so I was forced to look at him, and he looked right back at me. I was truly horrified and started praying.

I don't know what transpired, but after 10 minutes or so staring at that figure I got my movement back and closed my eyes immediately. I could not sleep and mustered up the courage to open my eyes. When I opened them the man was gone and I quickly switched the lights on.

I cowered in my bedsheets the whole night and kept chanting the 'Hanuman Chalisa'. I did not have an experience like this ever again.

I just want to know what happened to me and is there an explanation to this?

Other hauntings by kunwarkh

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kunwarkh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

aarushi (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-17)
Even I am an Indian... But nothing of this sort has ever happened... I might sound stupid but I want to experience and encounter bhoot at least once... Ekk baar toh bannta hai! How does one become sensitive to ghosts? Sensing things around... HOW? Never happened to me... I just got a bad dream once... I was a kid then... (m 17 now) and I remember going to my dad in d middle of the night and telling him "mujhe darr lagraa hai mai aapke room mei soo sakti huoo?" NOTHING MORE!
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
I'm glad you're considering SP now but I also want you to remember -- thousands and thousands of people can be wrong about many things.:) How long did humans believe the earth was flat? But I'm glad all these voices got you to at least consider the theory. I'm still pretty certain that what you experienced was a SP related deal. But if you've had other experiences, I'd definitely love to read them! What a shame that submissions are closed. I'll keep my eyes open for any future stories you might share.

Because, after all, one instance of a purely biological experience does not rule out other experiences of a spiritual nature. In fact, the fact you've had other experiences would explain precisely why you'd believe a perfectly normal phenomenon was spiritually related. Seems perfectly logical to assume similar phenomena happened for the same reason! This is why investigation is useful. It helps us separate the similar when they are not exactly the same.

It's good to question yourself and others. Having an open mind and searching for possibilities is what helps us to see the truth. I only hope that we, being the amateurs that we are, can facilitate your discovery of truth.

Blessed be.:)
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
Hello Sceptic-Ari,

So nice to see so many Indians active here.

I have a hard time sharing my experiences with anyone offline as you know that these things are considered taboo.

And I certainly don't want my friends to think I'm crazy. Just reading SDS and your stories has given me a lot of courage, especially the cricket one:)

Thank you for that, I will definitely check out the video tonight!
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
Dear Kunwar Saab 😊

Thanks for sharing and reaching out.

If you have researched thoroughly about SP, then you might have gone through this too;but if you haven't had a chance, just take a look. I am sure the following video would be spine chilling as well as educative:

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbpOucNVn4

I think you will find in this video all your answers as well as more proof towards the explanations provided by members who have commented before me.

Regards
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
Triskaideka and sds,

Thanks a lot for your posts and concern guyz, thankfully it has only been one instance of sleep paralysis (won't dispute it any further, since so many people can't be wrong about the same thing).

Believe me when I say that I was really convinced that it was sleep paralysis myself, after hearing it from so many others and researching myself. But then a few other things happened and then got me thinking... I have penned down two other experiences, which I now think may not be connected to this first one, but unfortunately the submissions are closed for now... Though I want to share them asap, but I am not sure if posting them in comments is against site rules or not.

Please suggest, and once again, thanks for your posts. 😁
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
Hello kunwarkh, I agree with others. It has to be sleep paralysis. From my experience, I want to tell you that sleep paralysis happens in whatever position you are. The percentage that when you sleep sidewards, it is less is also factual. And it will look like an hour or perhaps more when you experience sleep paralysis. But it will be really less.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
I sleep on my stomach and I've had sleep paralysis.:) In fact, I'm less likely to have sleep paralysis if I'm on my back. Everybody is different and every body is different.

You may have been perfectly rested and relaxed, but sleep paralysis can happen anyway. I usually have it happen if perhaps my covers are too warm or I don't drink enough water or I had something salty before bed, so I become dehydrated as I sleep. The more dehydrated I get, the more nightmares I get. And sometimes, I know they're nightmares so I force myself awake, and then I can't move. It's freaky when it happens but if you realize what's going on once it happens, you can calm down, and hopefully not get any hallucinations that come with the paralysis.

What you had happen was most definitely sleep paralysis. And if you were as well rested and calm as you say, I suggest drinking plenty of fluids. And if this happens again, you may want to see a doctor to get your serotonin levels checked and maybe even do a sleep study to see if perhaps you have narcolepsy.

Http://www.livescience.com/27621-sleep-paralysis-scary.html
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-06)
lady-glow: Come to think of it, there is no reason why I said 10 minutes or so. But I think it has to be a long time you know. Umm I don't really know how to explain it. Ofcourse at that time it seemed more like an hour. I remember when I finally snapped out of it and switched on the lights, it was about 4:30 am.
Thanks a lot for your kind words 😁
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-06)
[at] Talonwalt...
Hi thanks for your post. Could you please share with me any source that says that sleep paralysis also occurs while sleeping belly downwards? I would really be grateful if all my experiences have some explanation to them, that is not paranormal. I have researched but have not come across a case where it happens in that position. Thanks for your help!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-06)
kunwarkh: although our daily activities influence what we dream it is very hard (impossible?) to have control over our dreams; sometimes they are as unpredictable as the weather!
I, personally, think that you experience fits the description of SP.
Just a question, -how do you know this experience lasted for about 10 min? Were you looking at the clock?
I sleep facing my alarm clock and when I experience SP -not very often, thank goodness! -it lasts for no more than two minutes, after that I either wake up or go back to sleep. I'm sorry if you had to suffer for such a long time! 😢
Hopefully you do not experience this again but if so, I'm sure the 'Hanuman Chalisa' will keep you safe.
Thanks for sharing.
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
It's not uncommon for someone to experience sleep paralysis while in the prone (on stomach) position. About 15 percent of SP sufferers have experiences with SP while on their stomach. Including myself. The best way to sleep to try an avoid an experience with SP, is to sleep on your side. Only about 5 percent SP sufferers are side sleepers.
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
Guyz, I know the first thing that comes to mind is sleep paralysis and at first everyone told me it's sleep paralysis but I just want to clarify a few things that I unfortunately missed in the post...

This was my first experience and I had not watched any ghost movies or read stories that day or given any thought to stuff like this and ghosts and demons were not even on my mind for even a second at that time. After this incident I started researching paranormal beings. I have researched sleep paralysis really carefully and I can say that it was not sleep paralysis. I was not fatigued, was suitably rested everyday and was in a peaceful state of mind. Also, I was sleeping belly down and no sleep paralysis instances have been recorded in that position. This thing happened out of nowhere. I started sweating profusely which I skipped mentioning above. It will sound cliched but I can tell you that the man I saw was there, it was physical and I was most definitely not hallucinating.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: