You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: 13 Year Old Attacked By Laughing Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

13 Year Old Attacked By Laughing Spirit

 

This all happened in the last four Days. Bear with me as while the incidents were short, they were rather malicious.

I moved from Kansas City, Kansas to Riverside, MO after an insurance problem forced us to move to another state, so my son Ricky would be covered for some medication he needed. In Kansas it would cost us $4500 a month. In MO $2 a month due to different medications being covered in MO that are not in Kansas. So I moved and took both of my sons with me. My husband stayed in our home with both of our daughters. We frequently sleep at both homes so we can be together. The $800 in rent and bills is a heck of a lot cheaper than $4500 a month for his medicine.

I moved into my apartment on the 9th of September 2013. These incidents happened on the 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th of September.

The day I moved in was uneventful except for the fruit basket. I like my basket of fruit to sit dead center in the middle of the table. I moved it back into the dead center of the table at least 6 times that day. Then we finally pushed the table up against the wall to prevent the table from being jostled and slid the basket all the way to the back. When I came back inside the empty apartment, the fruit basket was slid dead center again. I checked the apartment but it was empty. The boys were both sitting on the front steps having a drink and rest. Weird but oh well.

The first week goes well. It's a crisis week trying to make sure everyone is where they need to be. On Friday and Saturday my husband and girls stayed over and come Sunday evening we were alone with just me and the boys home.

It was about 10:30 at night and I was sitting on the sofa on my laptop when I suddenly hear the most happiest of laughs. A man was in the room laughing out loud. He laughed for about 10 seconds, as if it had been startled out of him.

I was chatting with friends online and told them I thought someone was on my balcony. So I went out and checked, but no one was there, nor were any of the other neighbors out on theirs. I reported back to my friends that it was all clear and headed to bed.

I set my alarm on my phone and placed it on the occasional chair to charge then climbed in bed and went to sleep. I'm a "sleep like a rock" type of person and very difficult to rouse. So I was very confused to suddenly find myself awake at 3am. I sat for a moment to listen if the coffee pot had turned on and then went and checked my phone. As I'm standing by the door, next to the chair staring at the clock on my phone, I see a streak from the corner of my eye in the direction of the boys' room. I hear a loud crash and piercing scream come from my sons' room. Then I hear that happy, jovial laugh again, right in my ear. That "I'm just a happy type of guy" male laugh.

I run for my sons' room, and find my oldest son Marcus, who is 13, sitting in bed covered in broken toy airplanes. The airplanes which at 11:00pm had been lined up ready for take off from the aircraft's carrier toy on the floor. And indeed they had taken off. Right into my son, the wall over his bed and the window. They had broken on impact with the wall and then fallen on my son's head. I don't mention the laughing to my sons, because I need them to go back to sleep. But I sat in the hallway all night watching over them.

The next day I tell my husband the apartment is haunted and get a good laugh from him. We are scared and spend the whole day at the house, only returning home at 9:00pm to sleep.

This time I was woken by the screams at 5:00am. Marcus is on his floor the blankets nearly cocooned around him, crying, saying "Leave me alone, please leave me alone." Ricky is sitting up in bed, confused and still half asleep, saying, "What?" over and over again.

I get Ricky to lay down and take Marcus to my bedroom, get him calmed down in my bedroom and get the details from him. Marcus says he suddenly woke up as he hit the floor, the blanket wrapped tightly around him and a male voice in his ear telling him, "Wake up, I'm going to get you" and then just laughing. Laughing like he was so happy, or had a great surprise thrown for him. I tell him to sleep with me and get him settled back to sleep.

This spirit has twice targeted my 13 year old son. First with violence, and then by pulling my son from the bed while threatening him. I'm not sure that he wrapped the blanket around my son. But in 13 years, I have never seen my son fully wrapped in a blanket like that. Marcus is the type of kid who lays down, throws the blanket out perfectly around him, flips on his stomach, goes to sleep and does not move a muscle all night. So how did the blanket get sideways and wrapped around his arms? You will have to come to your own conclusion on that one.

Right now, I'm regretting having moved here. Scared to tell my landlord the place is haunted. And wondering what I can do to catch this spirit in the act to prove I'm not crazy.

Besides the three actual "scare you shipless" incidents, we are having closets and cabinets open while we are gone, computers acting weird and crazy. One which had worked perfectly, suddenly started messing up. The disc drive kept opening and closing. We bought a new one. It was working fine sitting on the kitchen table. When I came out the next morning, 30 programs had been opened up. We have no animals, the boys were sound asleep. Oh and I missing about 30 Lighters. Stupid I know, but I usually drop them through the couch so I buy a lot and at the end of the week, fish them out from under. But they are not under the couch, in it or anywhere to be found. My entire supply of lighters went poof, one by one.

So this is Day 8 in the new apartment. We have a Laughing Lighter Thief who doesn't like my 13 year old son. What is the rest of the month going to bring?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JustMeAgain31, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-31)
I just want to add on to what Wish Not has said-
Before anyone submits any stories, I just want to encourage those individuals to read and follow the submission guidelines. Please. No fiction, no nightmares, no stories from the guy who made your sandwich at subway. Real, personal experiences, preferably with punctuation. Proper punctuation, not "..." at the end of each sentence.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-31)
ifihad- I'm so sorry. No meanness intended. We just need to encourage them to start their own. Stand proud. All is well 😁
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-31)
i was just curious, don't hurt me 😢 -slips into a corner and hides quietly; 😕
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-31)
ifihad- Don't get them started. They really need to start on their own story. Not trying to be bossy/out of line, it's just best they tell us ALL of the facts on their own story.

No disrespect intended.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-31)
where did you hear that ghosts mostly wear white clothes is what I want to know?
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-31)
dying_tuna__ This OP has not been on for over a year so your probably not going to the answers you are looking for.

My suggestion is submit your own story and allow current posters to give advise and answer your questions. There is a lot of very good advice from very knowledgeable people.

Thanks
dyiNg_tuna______ (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-31)
why do ghosts mostly wear white clothes.?
What to do if you feel like someone is watchin u.?
What should one do if he hears sounds when he is home alone.?
Please answer my questions because I'm living alone in my house for 6 days
Should I ignore em or what.?
Pleaseee
elt (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-21)
I'm not trying to make a joke but this guy shore likes a good laugh I like to mess with people two but he cross the line. You should really get your house checked out by a priest or something 😐
kat3cats (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-26)
JustMeAgain31,
We're all wondering if y'all are ok? Any updates?
Shubey13 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-20)
Justmeagain31 did you ever receive the files or proof from the paranormal investigators?
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
JustMeAgain,

I don't know what to say... Were they only investigators or did they take care of the spirits as well?

Can you try and live with your friends or relatives until your house is free of the spirits?

I will certainly pray for you and your family.

Please stay safe. God bless you!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
JustMeAgain31, I'm sitting here with my mouth gaping open. Can you tell us the name of the team that investigated? More importantly - were they able to/ or are they going to give you help in purging these identities from your home?
I look forwards to seeing your copy.
JustMeAgain31 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
We just had the Paranormal Investigators Leave. They got quite a bit of Evidence that there are Multiple Spirits here, along with 3 recordings of my own of the Spirits Talking to me. The Emf went off over and over again and coincided with Audible, Laughs and Growls. We got recordings of Multiple Names, along with a Particular nasty spirit cussing me out. I got very firm with that Spirit and Yelled at him, telling him this is MY HOUSE, MY FAMILY AND YOU ARE GOING TO STOP! And he stopped responding the the oppressive feeling cleared some. One of the Investigators did get a photo of a Orb in the bathroom, along with nearly 5 hours of EVP sessions. Once they bring me a copy, I will post it all here! We were able to confirm one of the Spirits is Karl, a boy my sons age, one is Dave and he is the Mean one. And a couple other who kept asking us to help them. Over all it was a very stressful night! I had no idea how many of them were here!
Wiccawitch (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
Did you know that melevolent spirits often target the weakest of minds. If your 13 year old son is the one who is needing medical assistance as you stated in the first paragraph, then this spirit is probably going to target him as he is the weakest person that the spirit is going to "use". As for the laughs, I always recommend trying to talk to the spirit in your house, if he is that "I'm a happy kind of guy" then you should try telling a joke to your sons or to nothing in particular and see if you can get a reaction from this being. Try to communicate with this spirit- either try to get a response yourself or get some experienced people to try out a Ouija board or a saonce.
Hope I helped:)
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-12)
Hi thank-you for sharing your story, I found it very interesting, I would be telling this thing to leave your son alone or tell it to leave, psalm 23 is the prayer for protection, maybe get a priest in to bless your home, have your asked any neighbor about the place and maybe find out some history about the place. Take care Di.
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
This story is just heartbreaking. As if it wasn't enough that you had to move away from your husband and other children in order to afford medical care for your son, this terrible stuff happens on top of all of that. I am so sorry that you have to deal with this. Now that you're in this situation, this is the order of steps I would take:

1. Talk to your landlord. Ask if there is a known haunting and ask to move to another property if one is available.
2. If no other property is available or you are stuck in a lease, do the cleansing/blessing that was provided for you in the comments.
3. If that doesn't help, bring in outside help such as preferred spiritual leaders or maybe a paranormal investigation society.
4. If all else fails GET OUT of there. This type of abuse is not something anyone should have to endure.

Good luck and stay strong.❤
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
Hi JustMeAgain31, I read your narrative and all the comments. Like everyone said, the spirit has crossed its limits. Miracles, why should anyone take your comment wrong. In fact, it is most instructive. But there is no question of warning. It has crossed its limit not once. I just want to ask one question. You took your first son to your room and asked him questions. Your second son was put to bed in their room. I think I assumed it correct. Did he experience anything at all? Please talk to your landlord and make some research about the apartment itself. Try cleansing method as suggested by Ari.

It has to stop. Miracles, I think either it might be mentally handicapped person's spirit or a sadist's. But in any event, you cannot let this continue. You tell that the ground rules has been breached time and again by it and you do the cleansing. You need not live with that kind of a spirit, who is trying to attack your son. God be with you.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
Sounds a lot like poltergeist activity to me. I know that is generally attributed to girls but, it could also be why Marcus is the focus. He's 13, under going a very stressful situation. I assume this move entailed going to a new school, leaving behind friends, etc. Add to that he has an ill brother, which is emotionally stressful for a sibling on more than one level. So there's a lot of energy there for the entity to feed from, so to speak, all 3 of you have stress.
You might try setting up video cameras to record while you sleep to 'catch' this entity in the act. Or try an EVP session. You might go on a 'fishing' expedition of the neighbors, see if they can tell you anything about the people who lived there before you.
If you are a member of a church, you might ask to have clergy bless your apartment, as well as doing the cleansing Ari provided. It's been very successful for many on here.
Please keep us posted.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
Dear JustMeAgain31,
This is a method that the professor Rookdygin has himself has so graciously permitted us to use and give away if we deemed it fit. And your case is just the type, so here goes-

(To many and most of us, this method is a secular one... But if this hurts your beliefs in any way, do believe that it was not intentional)

Rook's Cleansing and Shielding Method (as used by myself and many other members of this site)...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
Hi JustMeAgain31,

I know that is a lot of advice to handle in the below posts. Please do what seems best.

I just want to say one thing. From your account, it seems to me that this spirit is strong.

Please address him in a respectful manner at first and see how things go.

If it does not go according to plan, then you have to be tough on it.

I'm not too experienced so I am just saying what I felt would be best for you.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
Hi, JustMeAgain31. Firstly, I would like to suggest that you get a Priest or a medium, talk to them. I find that some blessings do not work, only anger the Spirit/s that are in residence. Secondly, you are one strong person for moving somewhere else for your kids, and living in 2 places. Kudos to you 😁.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
sunda (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
First above all things stop smoking, it is bad for your health and sets a wrong example for your kids.

Tell your landlord; he probably knows that it is haunted anyway. And he is even obliged by the law to inform you about it. Maybe search up the previous owners and ask about their experiences.

I think it is a human spirit of a man, not something else. Convince your husband of the fact that you think the house is haunted.

Try taping and recording the phenomena in the house, with a camcorder and audio recorder.

Don't do something stupid as using a Ouija board, that is a open invitation for the spirit to take over and gain power. You give your energy and power to the spirit in fact.

Try to ignore his presents, by not reacting in behavior en especially feeling. This will only make the spirit stronger. Your feelings are very important don't be afraid.

Be aware of your thought pattern, be positive and try not to get angry, frustrated or in a fight. Evil is feeding on negative emotions.

The concentration of the ghost is especially aimed at your son, because he is the male in the house. The ghost wants to be in control and disable other male energies around the place. Your son is probably the most sensitive one of the family and they're for the easiest to reach. Don't leave him by himself in the house!

Things you can use to clear the house is, White Sage, natural Incense (Nag Champa example), Mantra music (Hein Braat, Nawang Khechog, Ani Choying Drolma, Jai Uttal exc) or the Om Mantra. Also Christian music, Tibetan music helps, play the music all night and day long, and you will feel a difference. These positive tunes are no match for a negative spirits. Set the house up with Statues (Jezus, Buddha, Krishna, mother Marie), crosses, Om signs, and other positive items. Asking for help, praying as you will for help from ascended Masters as Jezus, Buddha, Saint Germaine, Mother Marie, Krishna will help as well. Keeping a bible at hand will not harm either. Keeping the house bright and colorful, let a lot of sunlight in through the day, and in the night between 21:00 and 6:00 Am, keep the lights on. Between this timeframe the negativity in the atmosphere is the strongest.

If all of this doesn't work seek help!
Search for serious help, with a local church or a "GOOD" ghosthunter or priest.
There are many amateurs out there who only make things worse.

I hope your family is doing well. Good luck!

Greetings.

Sander, from the Netherlands.
😊
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
It's also possible this spirit is a malevolent one who enjoys torturing little boys. Not all evils can be explained away with insanity. So bear that in mind. Please keep us updated!
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
I agree with the above commenters that it's time to lay down the law. Tell the spirit his actions are unacceptable and that if they continue, he will be removed from YOUR home, with or without his consent. Tell him if he behaves himself, you'll leave some milk and cookies out for him. (I know it sounds weird, but I'm thinking if he has a childish mindset, this would make him happy. Maybe he misses his mother.) As for the lighters, maybe he wants you to stop smoking (if you're a smoker) or he's scared of fire or light? It's also apparently common for spirits to hide things when they're trying to get your attention.
Http://ghosthuntingsecrets.com/blog/?p=11
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
Not sure that anyone has given a thought to this or not... Ever think that this entity/ghost could be the spirit of someone who is developmentally challenged? Or otherwise compromised, such as autism? Do a bit of research by asking neighbors, the landlord, check the town historian, etc. I find it difficult to rationalize any 'adult' behaving as this entity has, as this is NOT "normal" adult-male behavior.

Yes, by all means speak up and tell it to stop harassing your son, and demand it stop interaction with all of you as it makes you uncomfortable. See how it responds, and proceed accordingly.

Bizarre that it's been so aggressive so suddenly after your moving in.
eternal_flame (22 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
Is there anyway you can find another apartment? If you can, maybe just move?
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
My usual recommendations are to leave open bibles around, say prayers, sing hymns or leave radios (does anybody still listen to that anymore?), tuned to a spiritual music station. Teach your kids to say their bedtime prayers, ask a local clergy person to bless the place, or get some holy water and sprinkle it throughout the house. But, what do I know? Get well soon, Ricky!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
Regardless whether or not he is mentally handicapped or just a freaking mean spirit, I agree with everyone who has said he has crossed the line when he messed with a child. I just didn't want anyone to take my comment wrong 😳
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
I'd just like to second everything Badjuujuu said.

The fact that your ghost is laughing while he's doing this stuff makes me think that he thinks he's playing with you. Perhaps your son reminds him of someone in his own life he used to tease and torment -- a little brother, maybe? Lay down the law and tell him in no uncertain terms that his behavior is unacceptable. If it keeps up, do a cleansing.
Narella (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
Miracles may be right about the spirit being mentally handicapped. However, my first thought reading this was the spirit sounds like a bully. It's time for him to go. Whatever your faith may be, a house cleansing or blessing might be a really good idea. I'm sorry you and your sons are having to go through this. I hope things become better soon.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: