You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Big Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Big Man

 

In a previous submission, Held Down By Unknown Force, I mentioned an encounter in a comment about seeing a man in my grandmother's living room. I said that I would share it, so here we go.

This took place perhaps about a year ago, give or take. My ex-boyfriend and I had just returned to my grandmother's after spending a few hours hanging out with his friend/co-worker, Robby (not his real name). Upon entering my grandmother's house, we found that she was in the kitchen tidying up.

We stopped and started up a conversation with her, my ex and I standing in front of the fridge (which is about ten feet away from the living room doorway, so I could see the living room in my peripheral vision) and my grandma was standing in front of the oven (which is on the direct right of the living room doorway, so she was unable to see into the living room). In mid-conversation, I decided to grab a water from the fridge, so I turned to my left (so now I was staring directly into the living room) and as I turned and opened the fridge, I saw something as my vision spanned across the livin groom.

There was a rather large man standing in between the window and the TV at the far end of the living room. He was so tall, his head almost touched the ceiling fan. Not only was he tall, but he was extremely muscular; absolutely HUGE. I couldn't see any of his features though. He was simply a solid black figure.

I could not see the wall through him and he was actually blocking off some of the TV, which I too could not see through him. He was completely black. Though, in that moment, I knew our eyes met and I knew that he knew I saw him. It all happened so quickly. Like the blink of an eye.

I did a double take, but he was gone just as quickly as he came. I was rendered speechless by it, I was so confused. I had no idea what had just happened, but I was certain that I saw that man. I saw him just like I'd see one of you, only it was like he was cloaked in shadow or something. The story doesn't end here.

A couple weeks later, my ex was at work and it was getting late into the night. I was feeling tired and tried to fight off my drowsiness, but finally, I surrendered. I turned off the Xbox and the TV and laid in bed, eyes closed, in total silence and darkness as I made an attempt to catch some Z's before my ex got home.

I was still fully awake and beginning to realize I probably wasn't going to be falling asleep. I'd begun contemplating getting up and playing some more Skyrim or the Sims 3 Pets. I hadn't opened my eyes yet and was still laying there when I heard a very deep, masculine voice say, "Her name is Kayla" in my right ear.

My eyes snapped open and I just laid there in total silence, wondering what the heck I'd just heard. To me, it sounded like he was talking to someone else, telling a third person who I was. I casually got up and turned everything back on. Screw sleep, I decided. So I just played video games until my ex got off of work and came home.

Other hauntings by Kayla_Lynn

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kayla_Lynn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kayla_Lynn (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Miracles: I actually submitted an account that I am currently awaiting to be... Approved? The Curse Was Laid is the title I believe. It explains the first time I encountered this man. It takes place roughly ten years ago, when I was nine or ten.
SDS: Thank you, first and foremost. I also believe the two instances were linked. Yes, there was absolutely no fear during either encounter, only surprise. If it is, in fact, the man I think it is, he's been following me for about ten years now, as I mentioned to Miracles above. It's not too often that I see him physically (that actually didn't start occurring until I was about sixteen-seventeen), it's mainly dreams I see him in. I remember quite vividly the dream in which he told me his name. I cannot clearly recollect the instances in which I've seen him, since they don't happen very often. Like I said, I mostly see him in dreams, but he's always changing form. He never looks the same. He is always big though. Both rather tall and muscular. He's sort of... Intimidating you could say. I've maintained a journal on certain accounts, but I cannot share those accounts. They're very... Personal to say the least. The explanation of how I know this entity is clarified in a submission I am awaiting to be approved. I, too, mentioned the title of that submission to Miracles above. As for who he is, well, he says his name is Ithacus. That's all I can give you on who he is and how I know him.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
Hi Kayla_Lynn, that was a good narration. I feel that it might be the same man, whom you saw in the living room. You said that there were no negative vibes to him and that you were not scared. You also said that he has been following you. How did you know that and when did you see him for the first time. Also, if you know that he has been following you, then you must have seen him many times, atleast more than 2 or 3 times. Can you recollect, which were the instances, when you saw him. Are you maintaining a journal, if you don't, please maintain atleast from now on. You said that that you do know him. Can you explain how and who he is. Please do answer. Miracles, you did ask some relevant questions and I do follow you. Shadow persons seem to be very interesting to do some research.

Please try to clarify Kayla_Lynn.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
Kayla_Lynn - can you pinpoint the first time he showed up? Sorry for all the questions, but I do have a particular reason for asking 😊 I'm at work so I can't get into it very much right now.
Kayla_Lynn (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
Miracles: I think I do know him. I think he's been following me for quite some time now.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
It's okay. As long as you understand and are comfortable with him. Reading your experience, I just felt like you knew him on some level. You don't have to explain 😊
Kayla_Lynn (3 stories) (10 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
Miracles: Yes, I've lost family members. However, this was not a relative or a family friend. I've been experiencing these sort of things since early childhood. Empathy also helps A LOT in these situations and this was not a family member or friend. It's hard to explain how I know this, but I do, without a doubt.
Kayla_Lynn (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
Eternal_Flame: Yes, I do believe the voice belonged to the man I saw in the livingroom. I got that impression instantaneously.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
Kayla_Lynn - have you lost a male family member? Doesn't have to be one you were close to, maybe one that died when you were younger? Doesn't have to be a blood relative, could even be a friend of the family.
Kayla_Lynn (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
Miracles: Yes, I got the impression that the voice I heard was connected to the man I saw in the livingroom. It was like, I instantly made the connection and just knew with absolute conviction that it was, in fact, the same entity. I wasn't threatened by him nor felt any negative vibes from his presence. I did, however, get the impression that he wanted me to see him and that he was there for me. The voice also wasn't threatening or menacing in any way. It was just incredibly deep yet oddly soothing. Something like water running over rock. I wasn't afraid, it just caught me off guard is all. I certainly wasn't expecting either encounter.
Rath: No, it didn't feel negative, as I mentioned above. It certainly seemed that he was talking to an unknown third party. He said "her name is Kayla" not "your name is Kayla". I don't believe he was addressing me. It was as if he was introducing me to someone.
eternal_flame (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-08)
Do you think the voice was the man you saw standing in the living room?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
Kayla_Lynn - did you get the impression that the man you heard say your name was the same man you saw, or do you think it is two separate entities?

Also, I know this might sound like a ridiculous question considering you saw a huge black shadow man, but do you remember what, if any, kind of feeling you got from him? Other than you both realized that each saw the other. You said you were confused, which is definitely understandable and something I believe we all have experienced at one point or another. But was there anything else? I'm not looking for any particular emotion at all, I'm just wondering if he caused you to feel anything or if you felt nothing other than something similar to "what the!"

As for the one who identified you. If he isn't the same one, do you remember his tone of voice? Was it soothing, harsh, scary, friendly? Don't react to the fact that he was a ghost... Just think about the sound of his voice. If he was a living man, would you have been afraid of the tone of his voice?

Sorry for all the questions and I'm pretty sure I might have another one or two 😉 These shadow men...well, they are becoming more and more interesting the more experiences people share.
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
It doesn't sound like anything negative. I believe you are right that he was talking to someone else.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: