You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Night Out

Real Ghost Stories

A Night Out

 

This happened the summer of 2006. My friend and I had the whole Saturday hanging out, shopping and sightseeing. We live in a small town not far from the border of Arizona and New Mexico.

In the evening, we went back to my house to eat dinner. My husband at the time had cooked dinner. He had made plans to take our two sons to the movies and maybe ice cream afterwards.

My friend and I had the night to ourselves, we learned so we planned to go out, have a few drinks and maybe dance a little. We got ready and left for the night.

We went to a little bar on the outskirts of town. There wasn't many people when we got there. Maybe about a few couples and some guys playing pool, some at the bar. We went to the dance floor, got a table and drinks. There was a live band so it was pretty loud and made it hard to make conversation. We sat there and watched.

We finished about half of our bottle and my friend wanted to go to the restroom. Like everybody knows, girls go together. So we went, there was only two stalls so I waited. I washed my hands repeatedly and freshened my make-up. We were the only two in there at this point, we were laughing and joking.

I grabbed a paper towel to use to open the restroom door. As I was putting the paper around the handle, the door opened by itself. I looked out the door, thinking somebody was coming in and pushed the door in but there was nobody in the hall. I looked at my friend, she just looked at me and walked out.

We went back to our table, waitress came by but we didn't feel like drinking anymore. I looked at my friend and she said, "Did you see that?" I was so glad she seen it too. We both had only a half a bottle of beer. I told her, "I never touched the handle." She said, "I know!"... We sat there for a good minute and without saying another word we shot out of that place.

I don't know what we seen. Or what made the door open like that. The door was too heavy to open on its own. We never went back to that bar again. A year later the bar closed. Another business would open in its place but never stay opened for long.

I always wondered about the door. Was it a friendly spirit opening the door for us? I am very freaky about clean hands and will not touch anything without tissue or paper towel. Was there something on the handle that the spirit didn't want me to touch because of my OCD? I'll never know...

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ladybug-, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ladybug- (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
valkricry, I am sorry you had to go through something so horrible but I am glad you made it out safe and you are ok now... When I was a little girl, I used to go to the park with my friends a lot and my mom use to tell me "stay with your friends at all times, even to the restroom together, you hear me girl!" I be going out the door "yea yea yea." Now I know she was right... I'm so happy you made it out safe!:):)
Ladybug- (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
Thank you everybody for your comments. It was an experience I will never forget. And yes he was a very nice gentleman to open the door for us haha... I never thought about asking past employees about happenings at the bar or other businesses. I don't even know how to start digging into that but I will start somewhere and post where I get some information... Thank you again for your comments and interest:)
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-12)
Ladybug, it's cool that your friend also witnessed it. It seems odd that no business seems to remain open there very long. I guess if you were really curious, you could perhaps interview past employees of said businesses and see if there's a common thread.
Girls should accompany each other to the restroom, especially in public places like bars for a very valid reason. I was once unfortunate enough to be attacked in the restroom of such a place. A man followed me in and locked the door! I did not know him, nor even saw him before that moment. Just some low life who thought he could... Have some fun. I screamed and fought back, managing to escape before anything really bad happened. This was in a place I knew well, and knew many people, so it wasn't as if I was alone. But, yeah, safety in numbers.
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
Not only did you have this experience but you're friend witnessed this experience too. That's great validation. Paranormal experiences do not happen continuously in most cases. I have the most experiences when I'm not expecting them. I think it depends on where you're located and the place and time. I'm glad you had this experience 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
Hi Ladybug-, strange experience indeed. But with only one encounter, it is difficult to comment. Perhaps you could have asked the waitress. That would have given you some insight into what happened or about the spirit or the entity, which opened the door for you. Perhaps you can ask some of your friends, who used to visit that bar, of course, before it was closed down about it. You might get some information and if you do, please post it.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
jennybear772 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
He sounds friendly. After all, all he did was open up a door, right? He was just being gentlemanly! 😁
DeepaliKalra (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-07)
I think that spirit didn't want you to touch that door because something was related to the door with the unknown spirit it also happened with my sister when she found a box in store room she shook it their was something heavy in it. It needed a key to open up she started finding it in the house when she founded that she got upstairs in the store room the box was open and it was empty... 😲 😐
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-06)
Sounds like a very helpful spirit. I live in Tucson, and a similar event happened to me when I was in high school. I was leaving the bathroom everyone said was haunted, and I had just washed my hands. Due to vandalism, however we did not have paper towels. I was about to reach for the door when it opened by it's self. Maybe Arizona is just full of helpful OCD ghosts. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: