You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Silent Watcher

Real Ghost Stories

The Silent Watcher

 

My Aunt who lives in the outskirts of Britain, lives with her husband, daughter, and son and law. I go to her house every summer for two weeks. I am normally the last one to go to bed every night. I let the dog out, and while I am making sure he stayed near the house, I spot a light coming from the wood, which is located by the house. I quickly call back the little dog. I go to bed thinking that I must have just been tired.

But as I am drifting off, I feel someone watching me. I look around the room. No one is there. "Rubbish..." says my uncle, after telling him what I had experienced the night before. "But Uncle, I know what I saw!" I said. "They're is no one in that bloody wood!" He had never believed in ghosts. It then felt like every night someone was watching me fall to sleep. I soon started begging my older cousins to let me sleep with them at night. My cousin in law soon got tired of it. "Fine. Tonight I will take your place. I will go to bed at the same time. I will let out the dog at the same time. If I experience any thing, you will be believed..."

That night, I went to bed with my cousin Amanda. I woke up to a loud blood wrenching scream that pierced the night. I looked up at the clock that was on the bed side. It was exactly midnight. Amanda jumped up and grabbed the gun that she keeps under the bed. I ran behind her, throwing on my night gown that I normally wear over my pajamas. What we see, stop us in our tracks. A huge glowing orb was hovering by the toaster in the kitchen. As we saw it, it slowly disappeared.

I got home the next day. The next summer, I went over again for another two weeks. My older Cousin had died. He was the older brother off Amanda. His name was Scott. He died of cancer. That night, I had a strange dream. I was sitting in a room full of light. Scott walked in, and said, "You are watched by god little one. You will no longer be bothered by the demon from hell..." He said. " I will watch over you for the rest of your days. You are chosen to be my angel..." I woke with a start.

Down at the end of the bed, a light was shining down with no apparent source. He stood there looking at me with a huge smile. " I am your guardian Angel young one. I love you..." Tears where flowing from my eyes..." I will miss you..." I said. He held out his hand as though to take me with him as he slowly disappeared. I love you. He mouthed. Then he was gone.

I was afraid to tell anyone about what happened. I was afraid that they would call me crazy. I have always believed in ghosts since then.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Emma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
I have heard of protectors before, that's what I call a good entity that wishes to help others, I don't know if they have an actual title, but I believe you. I once had a dream about my cousin dying and awoke in tears at about 1 in the morning, 12 hours later I received a phone call, my cousin died the night before, between the hours of 12 and 3. You are linked closer to the underworld or at least that's what I believe, you are lucky to have a protector.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-09-28)
Hi Emma yes I feel like I'm being watched as well in my house. I enjoyed reading your story it was interesting. WOW that dream must of been lovely and emotional in away. That sounds like a nice dream you had there. Just remember that dream you had. Loads of people have dreams just like you of someone in there family or a friend who has past away. They be watching you to see how you are doing you might not bale to see them but they are there.
I see ghosts in my house and orbs and that. Anyway I think that was the loveliest story I have ever read. Thanks for sharing it with us. 😊
jo_ks (2 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
Good story, but inconsistent with law. No one has the right to own a gun unless they are in a gun club, and if they do own one it must be kept in an armoury. It is illegal to keep a gun under your bed. It must be safe so someone can't find it, accidentally set it of etc.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: