You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Devil Dog?

Real Ghost Stories

Devil Dog?

 

This is my first story! Please write no mean comments like I'm lying because I really want to know what it was! Anyway, I'm going to tell you my mother's story that is linked to mine.

When my mum was about 11, she was in her bed all cuddled up because she had school the next day. She told me that she woke up to something jumping on the bed and she started to freak out. She said she then saw a type of paw shadow on the wall and the paw apparently looked really big. It then disappeared.

Now to begin with my story. I was in my bed and I was about 9. I shared a room with my brother and my bed was nearest the door. So I woke up to a type of running noise. I looked around and noticed my brother was fast asleep (he was about 13) And then all of a sudden I saw a a really dark looking dog walking towards me. I screamed really loud and my mum came rushing in. She asked me what was wrong and I pointed at the door and she looked, then she said there was nothing.

I finally calmed down and then she went back to her room. After about 5 minutes I saw it again but on my brother's side. I screamed yet again and my mum came in and looked and saw nothing.

This house that I lived in will be linked to mostly all of my stories because it just had a lot of ghostly activity.

Can someone please help me and tell what it was?

Please note I had no dog at the time.

I will give you a bit more details on how this thing looked.

*It looked like a dog

*It was black

*It ran very fast

*It had bright eyes

*And it was really big

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ariana102, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-03)
Hi Ariana102! I think you had seen a Hell hound at that night. Its appearance was regarded as a portent of death. It is generally supposed to be larger than a normal dog, and often has large, glowing eyes.
As said by you that your mother had 3 dogs, then all these incidents could be interrelated with that ghost dog or devil dog.
Although, both you and your mother are OK. 🤔
Ariana102 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
Hi, Thank you all for your help. I spoke to my mother and she had 3 dogs that had died. My mother saw a paw and felt like someone had sat at the bottom of her bed. My grandmother now lives in that house and when I visit I get a strange feeling.

-Ariana ❤
Dark0nix (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
I'm thinking It's either a Hell Hound (Unlikely though since they aren't exactly an omen of good fortune. Though just in case, don't look it in the eyes.)

It's more likely a spirit in the form of a dog.

- Dark0nix
Sparkie (6 stories) (30 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
Did you have one emotion that became strong upon seeing this animal? Like, did you feel fear, sadness, etc.
If you didn't pick up on any malicious emotions when the beast was in your room then I doubt it was anything bad. What it sounds like is a spirit of a dog. There are dogs that are big and bulky (i.e. My mom's European boxer, mastiff, etc.) Am I saying that's what it is for sure? No, I wasn't there. I'm just saying that it sounds like a spirit of an old dog who maybe lived on the lands or was wild and died there. As long as you haven't been physically attacked by the animal, I don't believe there is anything to worry about!

Thanks for sharing,
-Sparkie
wolfavera (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-14)
It could have been a hell hound, in which case your family may be cursed. But if it was you would probably be dead.

It could just be a guardian to your family.

It could be a dead relative in the form if a dog.

Or it could just be one of the many ghost hounds in the United Kingdom.
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
Your description reminds me of Old Shuck. Old Shuck is a big, black dog (some people see him with glowing eyes) who haunts East Anglia.
Basilissa (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-13)
Big, black dog with bright eyes, sounds like a shuck for me. Did you live in the same house as your mum during her childhood?
EyoCleo (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-12)
Maybe it's a big, black guard dog who had some injuries in the old days, maybe that's why it looked a little bit different. Maybe it's a fast-running dog, And it died there and its spirit can't get out of that house (or maybe it died on land, or the dog's corpse is buried there)

(I can't explain about the bright eyes though)

Thanks for sharing, it was interesting and I can't wait to read more about your experiences.
Hahiha (28 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-12)
I want to ask you, what type of vibe did you get when you saw the dog; like was it a malicious feeling?
Alduin (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-12)
Hmmm, I highly doubt it could be a hell hound 😐 It could be a Tortured soul of a dog that was abused and just wanted to play with you.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-12)
Ariana
I have both the same questions as lady-glow and sds. Do you still live in the same house? Have you ever seen the dog again? If so I agree with Miracles51031 the dog has an attachment to the land from long ago.
Not to be rude but could you have just dreamed about this dog and when you went back to sleep you went right back into the dream? It's happened to me.
We really need more information to help you but I doubt you have any worries anymore.
Regards
RedWolf
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
Hi Ariana102, I have the same questions as lady-glow. Do you still live in the same house? Did you tell your mother about what you saw on two occasions and what was her reaction to it?

If you do live in the same house, please investigate the history of the house, try asking the neighbours and find out some information. It might lead you to a solution.

Kindly post further developments, if any.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Set (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
It sounds like a free-willed spirit, not a ghost. Seeing symbols like your mother saw the paw print, I would not think ghosts to cause this. Also, since it is connected to both of you over such long time and place.
I think it is likely to have been connected in your family before your mother, or else your mother got its attention somehow. Any ways it sounds significant, like it has something to do with a thread that runs through you and your family. If you want to find out more try asking your mother and other relatives if she knows anything else about dogs/paw prints or has any idea what it means.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
Ariana - I was thinking something similar to shhh_im_sleeping. Maybe it's a former pet of a family member, long passed, that is just continuing to watch over its loved ones. Hmmm... Family member could be passed also. Wasn't originally thinking of it that way, but after reading what I wrote, maybe both of them have. Anyway, just a rambling thought 😊

Or...this dog could be tied to the land.
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-10)
I know a lady that has seen a cat in her hallway and she doesn't own a cat. The lady said she mainly sees this cat when she's feeling sad and depressed about her husband passing. She feels like the cat is her late husband expressing to her that "she's not alone." Maybe something similar was happening in your home. Maybe someone who lived in the home previously had an attachment to the dog or the dog had an attachment to the home. I don't believe it's anything to be scared of. Think of it as an amazing experience that no one can take away from you. I'm glad you shared your story and I hope you continue to share many more.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-09)
I'm confused and have some questions to ask:
Did your mother see a dog or just the shadow of a big paw on the wall? Or was it a paw print?
Do you live in the same house where your mother grew up?
Did you describe to your mother what you saw?

It is hard to tell what this was based on the information you provide in your story; and it would help to look for a logical explanation before calling it paranormal. Perhaps you were having a nightmare or it was a shadow cast by a passing car.
Did you or any member of your family see this dog more than once?
You mention having many paranormal experiences while living in that house, -have you ever researched the history of the place and/or the land where it is built?

Why are you asking for help if you do not live in that house anymore? Is it because this entity still bothers you or just out of a need to find out and understand what it was?

Thanks for sharing, I'm looking forwards to read more of your experiences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: