You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Before I Was Born: My First Paranormal Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Before I Was Born: My First Paranormal Experience

 

You could say that my very first paranormal experience was when while I was still a baby... Inside my mother's womb.

Mom and Dad had been married for only a year when my Mom's father -- the grandfather I never got to know -- had a heart attack and died on the spot.

Since Mom was the eldest child and the first one to get married, my grandfather had been looking forward to seeing his grandkids, but never had the chance. He'd already been dead a few months when my Mom finally got pregnant with her first child, which turned out to be me.

Mom says I was about 7 months old in her womb when she woke up suddenly one night. She didn't know what time it was, and was about to go back to sleep when she noticed something strange about the bedroom wall right in front of her.

At first she thought she was looking at smoke, and wondered if there was a fire. But she didn't smell any fire, and pretty soon from out of the smoke she saw the figure of her recently-deceased father, walking as if coming from a long way off. Within a few moments he was in front of her, in their room, standing at the foot of their bed (my Dad was sleeping soundly right next to her).

Grandfather was breathing heavily -- as if he'd really traveled from a far off place -- and Mom said he looked exactly the way he did when he was still alive. My grandfather never said anything. He simply stood there, smiled at her, and smiled at her womb and the grandchild she was carrying (me). After a few more moments, he slowly disappeared.

My mom says she never felt any fear all throughout the experience... And never had any visits from her father ever again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Santos, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

momoisapanda (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-05)
that's so sad... (T^T) had me teary-eyed there... I guess he wanted to see you that bad... (T^T)
420man (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-12)
Something like this happened to my mum too! But this did not happen when I was in her womb. I was already 8 years old when my gramma on my mum side passed so I got to know her. It happened after my son was born. 1 week after my son was born, my mum had a dream about my gramma introducing my son to her. It was touching really, brought tears to my eyes.
BlackMurderknot (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-03)
This website is amazing! At last I've founded the place where I can share my experiences.Anyway,that story is great but a bit sad 😢 I'm new here so Hi everyone 😁
merimorobe (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-15)
I think your grandfather paid you a visit that night, and a very comforting one at that! 😁
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Hi I like your story, the same happened with my mam. Ever considered you are your grandfather, those sort of things tend to happen.
rayjonz (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-21)
I am so glad your mother's experience was so positive and comforting. Thanks for sharing. Ray
Santos (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
Thank you for your encouraging comments!

X-kyle55-x: Maybe he is one of my guardians.

SDS: True. And thank you.

SirenBelva: That is an interesting observation! My own observation has been that children and teens seem to have more paranormal experiences, too.

Lovebugs16: Yes, this was just recently approved. Thanks!
x-kyle55-x (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
Looks like you won't have any trouble figuring out who your guardian angle is 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
Hello Santos, welcome to YGS. That was very nice of your grandfather to come and bless you and your mother. May be he came a long way indeed and as he wanted to see his grandchildren, he might have come to see her and you, even if you were in womb.

Nice narration and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-14)
It seems that it is common for pregnant women to have paranormal experiences. Either their senses are heightened or maybe they attract the energy.
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-14)
I think this is one of the stories recently submitted since I didn't se this yesterday. Anyway, nice story! I remember our previous nanny. Told us about her late mother she loved the most. She said she often see her mom in her dreams reaching out for her as if trying to fetch her.

nice story! Good luck:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: