You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: What Exactly Happened That Day?

Real Ghost Stories

What Exactly Happened That Day?

 

To start with, am Triya and am from Mauritius. I am from a Hindu family, so there are lots of rituals to be performed when there is a wedding. This incident happened during my cousin's marriage, when I was only 8 years old.

Normally, a Hindu marriage lasts for 4 days in Mauritius. On the 4th day, the groom's mother and some women in the family have to go to pray in a holy place, like a temple. So, for my cousin's marriage also my aunt and some other women went to that holy place. When they reached there, my sister-in-law noticed that something was wrong. The place was a mess. There was blood on the floor, where offerings were to be, there was lemon,coconut, pins, red powder and a hen without its head. It is believed that these things are used while performing black magic!

As my sister-in-law was very carefree about these things at that time, she took a stick and clear the place, so that my aunt could place the offerings there. Everything went well after that day until a week.

As I was still a kid I couldn't understand what was going on. I remember my mother told me that we have to go at my sister-in-law's place, as she was very sick, and that I have to be very disciplined as the doctor was very strict. When we went there I could see my 2 aunts and uncles sitting around the dining table, my father and mother joined them and they told me to go in the bedroom where my cousins were. But I was too scared so I stayed with my mother sitting on her lap, I witnessed everything.

In front of the table there was the "doctor" (who I later found out was a sorcerer). So the sorcerer was sitting on the floor encircled by candles, lemons,etc. He chanted some prayers and told my aunt to bring my sister-in-law. To my horror, when my sister-in-law came, I was terrified at her sight. She was frightening to look at, her hair were all over her face, her eyes were red and her lips were curved into a wicked smile. But as soon as she noticed the sorcerer she started to manifest, that is, she started talking in a manly voice and acting violently.

The sorcerer said something to her and she started "dancing" and moving her head as if her was possessed. As a child, I was terrified to look at the scene, so I closed my eyes and held my mom tightly. I kept on hearing the chants until I fell asleep.

The next day when I woke up, I tried to ask my mother what happened but she told me to forget what happened. After that day when I met my sister-in-law she was perfectly well.

But I do want to know what exactly happened! Why did she behaved like that?

Other hauntings by Trishspooky

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Trishspooky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TPA_Abhijeet (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-12)
I don't believe in Gods but I do believe in ghosts. Then will I be an easy target for such demons?
I am quite scared after reading this story as I had swept such things recently
Jane01 (4 stories) (13 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-07)
well, that's definitely black magic dear... When you see things on the road like lemons or candle and things like that, you should never even go near them let alone touch them...

This kind of thing is very common in mauritius... I have seen it so many times...

Kunwarkh... Please don't mingle indian traditions with mauritian ones... We have different traditions, ok...
Trishspooky (4 stories) (25 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
kunwarkh-well in Mauritius it IS a tradition for Hindus. And there is a great difference between India's and Mauritian's traditions. Nope none of my parent or ancestors are from Bengal.
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
Please don't misinterpret me, Kali Ma is also prayed to for getting rid of negative energies and black magic.

You wrote "the groom's mother and some women in the family have to go to pray in a holy place."

This made it look like it's a tradition, and what I wanted to state is that it is not.

Are your parents or ancestors by any chance from Bengal?
Trishspooky (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-17)
Kunwarkh- well as per my information kali maa is also prayed to be protected from evil things. An for a newly wedded couples its important so as their marital life goes well.
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-16)
I am sorry but there is no Hindu tradition where Goddess Kali is prayed to anywhere near a marriage.

Kali is the fearful and ferocious form of the mother goddess. Infact she is prayed to for drawing energy for black magic and also for getting rid of all such magic.
She is the goddess of destruction.

I think you should ask your mother the real reason you went to the temple of Maa Kali.
Trishspooky (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-16)
DarkOnix-if my memo is still good I think it was on a Monday morning.
Dark0nix (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-15)
Hey,
I was wondering if you could tell me what day this happened on? Also, from what I've read it sounds like someone was doing Hoodoo (root-work, basically, conjuring.)

Thanks,
-Dark0nix
Trishspooky (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-15)
hi guys thanks for the comments I really appreciate.
Gino_Latino and shh_im_sleeping -I agree with you guys.
Kunwarkh-everyone took notice of it but as my sister in law is stubborn type no one said anything to her... And the place in not really a temple we call it "Kalimaay" its where the Hindu deity Kalimaa is prayed.
RoMaNzQ-well the place is located in the middle in cane field its quiet deserted there. And as for the 2nd question I really don't know sorry
😢
Sonal12-u've got a point there 😉 but the sorcerer who came was very strict on the fact that everyone in the family should be there to be purified. I guess my parents preferred to afford me being afraid that being touched by something evil;)
sonal12 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-14)
without meaning to offend you... I would like to bring a point into notice... That a child of your age wouldn't be taken anywhere near a possesed or affected person, leave alone seeing the rituals being performed right in front of you.
RoMaNzQ (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-14)
Hi Trish,

This is a pretty insane story...woah!

It is definitely not something a child at your age back then should have witnessed.

Just two questions if you don't mind:
1. Which area was this temple in?
2. Were the pins pierced into the lemon which was covered in red powder?

It sounds to me that some sort of Black Magic was done at this site. After reading your answer to the second question, it may make the story a little clearer.

At any point if you ever come across a set up like the one you described at the temple, DO NOT interfere or even touch. Black magics can be very very dangerous...

I look forward to your reply 😊

Blessed be
RoMaNzQ
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-14)
It is strange that there would be all this stuff laid out in a temple and no one else took notice of it?

Can you please tell me which place was this in Mauritius?

Is it possible that instead of a temple, they went to pray to a peepal tree?

In Hinduism, peepal tree is worshipped by the bride for a long and successful marriage and even for a child.

It is also said that negative spirits derive their energy from the peepal at night, so one should not go near the tree at night.
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-13)
I agree with Gino. All of that "black magic" was demonic and one of them took over your sister in-law because she was probably an easy target (being vulnerable). The sorcerer did an exorcism. That's some scary stuff for an 8 year old to have to witness. If you come a cross a place like that in the future, run the other way!
Gino_Latino (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-13)
she was possessed. Maybe when she went to that temple, she triggered something by removing those items that were already there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: