You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Derby Ghost Lady

Real Ghost Stories

Derby Ghost Lady

 

I was playing a video game one night a few years ago and around 10:30 pm one night in the living room of my house and I thought I'd take a break and get a bowl of cereal, so I went to the kitchen and made a bowl, and as I was starting back into the living room, I seen a figure of a person sitting in the love seat with there legs crossed. I figured it was just my mom but when I got closer and seen the person better, I noticed that it wasn't my mom, but a young lady maybe in her late 20's or early 30's, with old fashion outfit on that looked like someone would wear at a Kentucky Derby horse race, or in a old western movie. She had a fancy derby type hat on and a really nice looking dress. I turned away for a second just to see if anyone else was in the room with me but no one else was there.

When I looked back at the love seat, she was gone. She never really looked at me, but she was looking toward a display case by the wall in the corner of the room. My mom and me collect old things we find at yard sales and online sometimes. I didn't think about it until now, but maybe she was looking at something in the display case that might use to be hers.

I do live in Kentucky but about two hours from where they have the Kentucky derby. I haven't seen her anymore since then.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KyPace, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-26)
Thanks for sharing your story its was kind of nice. I have seen 2 ghosts one at my boyfriends old house which smiled and looked at me and a other in my house in the bathroom who was staring straight at the wall. The one in my bathroom lasted 5 minutes the one at my boyfriends old house only lasted a few seconds. Last week I heard a little girls voice and she dropped something. I think I was too late to see her cause I wasn't in the same room as her at the time. She sounded so cute.
manhead (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-05)
That's a really nice story, that sounds proper real to me does that one! Right real... I bet she was looking at something that was hers once, she'll have picked up on the frequency of the object and honed in on it.

Why don't you trying removing everything from the cabinet for a couple of nights to sit on the table one piece at a time and see if any of them are moved in the night?

Might the cabinet itself she likes.

Take it easy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: