You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: My Uncle's Visits

Real Ghost Stories

My Uncle's Visits

 

I'm not sure exactly where to start with this experience, but here goes.

It was 2007, and my mother was still grieving the death of my uncle. She had many questions, unanswered, and I was never allowed a proper goodbye. I did not attend the funeral, due to my living a state away with my grandparents, and a feud that was going on with my mother and her mother, my grandmother.

I was very careful to not mention a lot about him. My mother was still extremely fragile, and my uncle and I were extremely close. The loss took a while for me to accept. But once I was allowed this visit from him, I soon was at peace.

One night, while all was quiet, I was sitting Indian style on my bed and began to meditate. I did this for a while with one goal in mind, to communicate with my uncle. I began with asking, "Is someone here? Give a yes with one knock, and two for no." I got a knock on my headboard directly behind me. I asked this, because I felt a presence in the room. The air turned much thicker, kind of like a vibration mixed with electricity, with a cool feeling. The air was not on, nor was the heater, as this was fall weather and it was perfect outside.

I asked if this is my uncle let me know my touching my hand. I had both my hands palms up on my knees. My right hand slowly started to heat up. I said thank you. I asked a third and final question. I asked could you please come to me, in my dream? I received one knock on my headboard along with my right hand heating up again, and literally close by itself. I tried opening it, thinking maybe it was a cramp. It felt as though it were being held closed. I then said (by the way, this is not out loud), "Ok, thank you and I love you."

I finish my session, get ready for bed, and fall asleep soon after. That night, I had an incredible dream.

Before I get to the visit, my uncle died under suspicious circumstances. There were a lot of unanswered questions, and I had no information on how the burial was.

Now the dream. I was sitting on the end of my bed, and my uncle was sitting in my usual spot that I sit when watching tv or talking on the phone. At first I was shocked that he actually came to me because this didn't feel like a dream, it felt like I was daydreaming. Then it turned into excitement. I scooted closer to him and he never used his mouth to speak, it was more of using thoughts to talk. And he told me not to come any closer, and I soon knew why. I started to smell and taste blood, at the same time smelled gunpowder and began to get a migraine. I told him I needed answers regarding his death and answers about his funeral for peace within me. He said ok, and began to tell me things before I could ask anything.

He said he was shot in the head, with a shotgun, and his wedding ring was missing. He also told me he was buried in a quilt my grandmother had handmade, a black and white flannel shirt, blue jeans, tennis shoes, a pack of his favorite cigarettes, and a Zippo lighter with an eagle on it. He told me he loved me, and he will be here with me for as long as I need him. The dream ended with him leaving out of my room door.

I woke up crying, and with the smell of gunpowder and blood, also still tasting blood in my mouth. Rest assured I checked it out, because it was so real I had to. No blood.

I went over my dream and wrote every detail down. I prayed and then called my mom. I told her what happened, and she confirmed every detail of the funeral, because she was the one whom prepared the entire funeral. She also told me she had been trying to get ahold of his wife about the wedding ring. When she finally did, the wife told her it was missing. When my mom told me, I got a picture in my mind and my uncle pointing towards the back of his closet and I told her. The wedding ring was important to my mom, she gave it to my uncle as a wedding gift.

While I was on the phone, I had a visual of what the house looked like while he was still in his bedroom dead. He took me through his front door, down a hallway, towards his room door. While this is going on, I'm describing this to my mom, and she's confirming. I believe this was my uncle's purpose, to help my mom move on.

He says, "Take a breath, now go in." I walk through his bedroom door, he never let me look down at him, but takes me through and I see the blood on the walls and bed. His wife was standing there just looking down at him. No look of shock or sadness and she walks out. I follow her and she goes to my cousin, their daughter, and says, "Your dad is dead" then she calls 911.

This killed me inside. So I tell my uncle, "Thank you," and come out of this visual with him. I asked my mom, "How can we prove any of this to anyone?" Because I do believe he was letting me know it wasn't a suicide but something else. He lived on an Indian reservation and he was terrified to live there anymore. His wife was a prominent individual there, and he had been trying to move but wasn't financially capable. He told my mother he knew she was cheating and feared for his life. Around two weeks after telling her this, he passed.

To this day, he's still around me, as I'm typing this I feel his arms around me.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
miracles, your so very welcome. I think I was quite excited to share my experience with all of you. It meant a lot to me when it happened. And I'm thankful you all took the time to ask questions and read it. Greatly Appreciated 😊 ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
spiritwaiting - thank you for responding to our questions. It took me a few minutes, but I think I figured it out 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
My Uncle passed in '95, I married in 2000. The experience happened in the year 2007. Sorry everyone.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
[at] sds,I completely agree with all of you, I understand the confusion. I may need to look at my profile. The experience is a past experience. And when I put my profile up I was explaining that at this time in the present I have been married for 13 years, and have four children. I married young.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
[at] Redwolf, I'm sorry if I confused anyone. I was a young adult at the time of the experience. I believe I was 23 years young. My profile is accurate. I married at 16 years and now have four children. I am 30 now.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
[at] miracles,sorry.for the confusion and delayed response. My Uncle passed in '95. [at] ParaTam, yes it was extremely difficult for our entire family. He was the thread that kept us together so to speak. I agree the "dream" or maybe even the spirit let's you know that its something more than just a dream.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-18)
Even while reading I had the same doubt as you, RedWolf and Miracles. Because the OP said in her previous story that even before her marriage, her uncle used to knock her headboard to make known his presence. She said that she had been a wife for 13 years and a mother of 4 but in this narrative she said that this happened in 2007 when her mother was grieving the death of her uncle. Quite confusing. Unless she clarifies, it would be difficult to comment further.

Spiritwaiting, please clarify. We don't mean to offend you or doubt your write-up. Just the timeline didn't fit correctly.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Miracles51031
You aren't the only one confused. The stories read like she was a teen when this happened but her profile says she has been married for
13 years and has 4 children. So I am confused as to when this story
Happened.
No disrespect to you spiritwaiting. I've had 2 car accidents recently and got a concussion so maybe I'm not reading this right. Can you please clarify this for us?
Regards
RedWolf
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
spiritwaiting -
I'm so sorry for your uncle's passing. It must have been so difficult for you not being there for him. But, I can also see that he sensed that, and his need to be with you - at least one last time - was just as great. Sometimes, spirits will visit us as a dream. However, there is usually enough different about these "dreams" that we know it is really something more. My mother-in-law visited me one night recently as a "dream," and I could still feel the warmth of her kiss on my cheek the next moment when I woke up.

Cherish your uncle's visit. Pray, in your own way, and as I will myself, that your family finds a way to prove the details of his death.

Blessings!
ParaTam
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
spiritwaiting - I'm confused about the timeline of your uncle's passing. In your first story you said he died when you were 11. I've never lost a brother, so I can't begin to understand what your mom went through, especially not knowing the circumstances. I guess these two stories just confused me a little.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: