You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost In The Corner

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost In The Corner

 

I live in a small house in Georgia. The house a circle shape, and the kitchen is in the dead center of the house to where you can see all the hallways and the living and dining room. The only hallway you can't see is the hall to the front door past my mom's bedroom.

There have been multiple experiences in my home. All of my family has felt, heard, or seen something. I have had many experiences. But one has stuck with me and I am now terrified to be home alone.

One day when I came home from work I noticed my parents' car wasn't in the driveway. So I called them and they said they and my sisters (I have three sisters) went to my grandma's house, which is about 45 minute away.

At this time I wasn't scared to be there alone so I went in and noticed the kitchen needed to be cleaned so I went and started cleaning. For a bit nothing happened but then I started to have the hairs raise on the back of my neck, the feeling you get when you feel like you're being watched. I have a cat who always stands by me wherever I am and follows me wherever I go in the house. So of course she was right next to me purring her heart out. But when I got the feeling someone was watching me, she freaked out in the same moment. She growled and hissed and arched her back and her hairs were standing up all over her body.

Well, I have always ignored things that happen in my house. Even if they are directed at me. But her freaking out really scared me. I went to turn around but it's like something was stopping me. Once she started to calm down so did I.

I was doing the dishes and I got the feeling to look up and through the opening in the wall to the living room and there was a little boy. Longish red hair, about shoulder length, he had on like tan colored shorts and in a plaid red shirt, he had his back towards me. I regret calling out to it, but I did. Once I did my cat jumped on the counter and when the boy turned to look at me he had no face, it was like just a black hole. But the hair and the rest of the body was still there. I couldn't look away and my cat freaked and jumped down and ran out the kitchen.

Then the boy, or whatever it was seemed to move towards the only part of the house I can't see from the kitchen, near my mom's room. It was crawling in a way. And once it was out of view I dropped to the floor and started crying. I was afraid it was going to come around the corner into the kitchen. I grabbed my cell phone and called my mom and begged her to come home. She believed me in an instant and they were home in about 25 minutes.

I was still in the floor of my kitchen crying when they arrived and I explained what happened and my stepdad told me that sounded like the boy him and one of my sisters saw one day. But the one they saw had a face and they just ignored the boy.

I am now scared to be alone in my house. I have to have a friend there or someone at all times. Things are still going on in my house. And things follow me where I go. The things that follow are like just you hear things you can't explain. I don't know what it is.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashtonmichele, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ashtonmichele (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-22)
Thank y'all so much for your comments! I have been reading them and understanding different things that it could have been and it have given me a small piece of mind!:)
I have had other experience in the house and outside of the house. One night I woke up and I felt as if someone was standing over me and then my younger sister, the one I share a room with, just started screaming.
My stepdad and sister didn't really get bothered by the ghost. I felt like it was hostile towards me. Like I wasn't supposed to be there and see it.
It had no features to it. I mean just a black hole where its face should have been. Like looking into darkness. I don't know. Unease has came with seeing it. Like I said in the story I will not be home alone. I won't even walk in the front door first from getting home with the family. I don't feel the safety of my home any more.
Raura (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-22)
ashtonmichele,

The story is really scary! Can I translate your story into Chinese and share it on PTT, the biggest online forum in Taiwan? I'll attach your ID and the url of this article.😊

Thank you and hope everything happens in your house will be solved.
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-18)
ashtonmichele,
Quite often, spirits do not have enough energy to materialize completely (as Miracles pointed out). And it is just as possible that you startled him, which would also explain his 'crawling away'. Small children, often think that by getting as close to the floor as possible, they can't be seen. Have you ever witnessed a small child, who will cover their eyes and declare, "You can't see me!", thinking that if they can't see you, then you can't see them? But f course you can. Sort of the same deal. He might have sensed he frightened you, and only wished to give you space. As Kunwar said, more people are hurt by their ACTIONS, then by the spirit itself.
Sds, also offers a very valid point - try keeping a journal. Many of us do. It might help you sort out, why the boy is there.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-18)
jaybee - you're welcome and I don't mean to sound like I'm smacking your hands. It just gives you more of a chance to receive better advice if you have your own story submitted 😊 And we're getting to them LOL
jaybee (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-18)
Thank you Miracles. Didn't mean to steal the spotlight. I have limited access to the internet at the moment. I have submitted some stories... Just waiting for them to be published!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-18)
jaybee - in order for you, and ashtonmichele (the author of this story) to get as much advice for your individual's stories, it would be better for you to put your story in writing and submit it. That way everyone will get a chance to give your story their undivided attention the way it deserves, the same as ashtonmichele's story deserves.

If you decide to submit your story, please give as much detail as you can, even if you need check with your parents.
jaybee (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-18)
this is my first time commenting on this site. But I had a similar experience and was hoping to get some answers.

My mother told me that when I was a baby (about 1 year old), she seen me without a face. She said that one night she was laying in bed and she could see my father hanging ornaments on our Christmas tree from her bedroom. She noticed that I was sitting near his feet looking at her. I got up and ran to her but as I ran my face became black. As any mother would do, she picked me up and put me in bed with her but she didn't look at me. The next morning, when she awakened, I was back to normal. She spoke with my father who said that he had not come home the previous night because he was playing a show far away (he was a musician). But my father and I were both alive at the time so how could this be?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-18)
Dear ashtonmichele, welcome to YGS. Kunwarkh was very good in his explanation. My kudos to you on your excellent analysis kunwarkh.

Ashtonmichele, I just want to ask you some questions. What was your first feeling when you saw the boy? I am not saying about the fear. Fear always does come when you sight something different, unexpected. But did you feel that it was evil or negative or harmful. Your gut feeling I mean.

Secondly, your stepdad and one of your sisters saw this entity in the house. What were their reactions and opinions? Did they have any other experience than the sighting of the boy, well, of course, with the head.

My suggestion to you would be please don't be scared. Be bold. It is easier said than done. But still if it is a negative energy or entity, it would feed from your fear and would drain you of all your energy. You need not be scared and try to be bold. If it is a negative or harmful energy, we do have a cleansing method devised by one of the experienced posters of this site, Rookdygin. We shall suggest you to cleanse the house. But before that it should be ensured that it is a harmful and negative spirit or entity.

From your narration, you did not say anything about if the spirit or apparition or entity trying to harm you or any other person.

If it is not negative, then you can definitely speak to the spirit. You can talk to the spirit, in a polite voice and manner and not in an offending way, to respect your privacy and not to startle you or scar you in anyway. Later, if you get emboldened yourself, you can even see to its light, if it is a spirit of a boy, who died.

Still try to maintain a journal. Make some research about the house you are living. Ask the neighbours and others in the family, if they had any other experiences or encounters. Please post it. It could give us much more larger picture to suggest and advise you.

Thanks for sharing and once again Be Bold.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
Remind me of tv show call Paranormal Whitness a teenager girl was kill side of the road and the ladies and a man ride in car saw this spirit who have no face... Freaking maybe he some reason to be there not sure what.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Okay that was extremely creepy! I don't know what's freakier, that he didn't have a face or that he was crawling. For some reason it seems, at least to me, that something crawling or floating at head level makes me feel more vulnerable.

That said, kunwar is right. Almost every person ever injured during a ghost sighting was injured because they panicked and got hurt by falling down or running into something or some such.

You know, though, I think he might have feared you as much as you feared him. If he wanted to attack you he could have come at you directly. Instead he crawled away.
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
+6
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
AshtonMichele,

I just want to tell you my experience so that it helps to calm you down. I was in the exact same situation. Well ofcourse I didn't see the exact same spirit.

But I had two strange occurences, and after that I was extremely scared to be home alone. I always wanted my mother or atleast one of my sisters to be in the house when I am there. Hell, I preferred it if they were in the same room.
I started sleeping in my Mom's room at night.

I started researching spirits and ghosts and stuff and spent a lot of time watching videos and accounts of people on YGS.

From these accounts, one thing is for sure, you are more likely to get hurt due to something physical rather than the paranormal. VERY few spirits mean harm to you.
Now, I don't know whether I have become paranoid or whether I have become more sensitive to the paranormal, but the odd sighting, the uneasiness, the feeling that something just moved behind me, all that is happening more often.

Gradually, the fear will die down and will be replaced by indifference or co-existence. I am not saying I am immune to fear now, I still get the chills, I still am a bit afraid, but yes, I can stay alone at home now.

I hope the same happens for you. I really do.

Regards,
Kunwar
Dark0nix (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Alright I talked to my partner, and we've concluded it was most likely just a normal spirit, since spirits aren't bound to the same rules as we are, they can change their form as they please. When spirits are bored, they love to play games with us, trick us, they don't mean to harm us, just sorta scare us. This spirit you encountered was probably just bored, or maybe even lonely, don't be scared, it most likely won't hurt you.

-Dark0nix
Dark0nix (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Wow, I really don't know what to think. It's possible that there were 2 different spirits, one with a face, one without, though this is unlikely. It's also possible he simply changed what he looked like, though this is also strange as most spirits don't tend to do this.

Also, when you said he had no face, do you mean the skin from the front of his head was there, but with no features (Eyes, ears, mouth, etc.) Or did he have a hole where his face should be?

-Dark0nix
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+6
11 years ago (2013-10-15)
ashtonmichele - I know seeing the ghost of the boy really freaked you out, given all the circumstances. I have a thought, not that it will make you feel any better 😉, but a thought nonetheless.

You said your stepdad and one of your sisters saw this same boy, but he had a face that time. Stay with me here cause I might not make sense 😆 You said you called out to him, right? What if you startled him and that caused his face not to be there when he turned around? Maybe he didn't have enough energy for his face to form.

Like I said, just a thought 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: