You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: My Encounters At The Daffodale House Estate B And B

Real Ghost Stories

My Encounters At The Daffodale House Estate B And B

 

I have recently closed my own business and sought out work with some folks who own a B&B in Monticello Florida. I had met them when I had a booth at the "Flea Across Florida." They (the owners of the Bed and Breakfast - Daffodale House Estate B&B) were quite warm and interesting and so I called and asked if they needed help with their B&B. However, little did I know the B&B was a haunted Bed and Breakfast.

When I arrived I learned of their Ghost Tours but was skeptical and took it with a grain of salt, despite hearing a vast array of stories. I soon had my own encounters and experiences.

My first encounter occurred one evening while working downstairs (the first floor) of the B&B. I had gone into the kitchen and being new to the facility has some questions. I entered into the adjoining dining room and saw who I thought was Cathy--the co-owner of the B&B. Her back was turned from me and she was facing the fireplace. I was talking to her but she did not turn or reply. There was a different feeling in the room, almost electric like. And I turned and looked behind me to see Cathy sitting at her computer in the Library Room and looking at me in wonderment as to who I was talking to. When I looked back at the fireplace the figure of the woman was gone.

Later that week I was outside and I saw again something that I thought was Cathy walking around the side of the house. I walked over to talk to her but as I approached she picked up pace and started to head to the front wraparound porch. I picked up my pace too but she was on the porch now and around the bend. I had called out "Cathy" but figured she did not hear me. It would not be uncommon for her to be dashing for the phone or to meet a deadline crunch for a specific task. However, when I got to the front door it was locked. I wondered why she would lock the door on me. I walked around the house to the back door and entered to find that Cathy had never left the house and had been on the computer then entire time.

A series of events have occurred like this including lights going on and off, my phone battery dying within a short time of arrival, strange sounds, smells, etc.

One night I was working outdoors after dark and my dog sat up and started tilting her head to the side as though she saw something but there was nothing there and suddenly she whimpered and fell to the ground in a submissive position... I decided it was time to leave.

Another day I was doing some cleaning in the hallway upstairs and was by the original, now inoperable, enclosed elevator and I smelled what seemed like pipe tobacco. I thought to myself it must be something that Scott (Cathy's husband) smokes. However, I never saw him smoke before. On several occasions I smelled the same aroma in the same place. I recently learned that there was an old woman who used to smoke in that very same spot so that the baby in the house would not breathe in the smoke.

Recently I was taken on to do some very time intensive projects and invited to stay for duration of the project so that I could save time and gas money. I have been provided the Victorian Guest Room and for two weeks every night I have been awaken by something precisely at 2:11 am.

I could go on with a variety of stories of my encounters but there are far too many to list...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, daffodaleestate, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
Dear daffodaleestate, welcome to YGS. I feel the smell of the pipe tobacco and something you are waking up regularly at 2.11 a.m., might be residual hauntings. But did you figure as to why or what is waking you up at 2.11 a.m. Regularly? If you do, please let us know about it.

As far as seeing a "double", I want to know if you have actually seen her face. Her features may be resembling Cathy but without seeing her fully, it will be difficult to comment about it. On this issue, did you discuss with either Cathy or Scott and if so, what was their opinion or comment about it. If you haven't you can definitely discuss with them and who knows, perhaps they could give you some information, which would give us more input about what you saw. But I don't think it is a Doppelganger.

Please respond positively.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
daffodaleestate: Interesting accounts I feel that there is intelligent and residual events happening here, the electronic occurences I believe would be whatever intelligent spirit is there trying to manifest using whatever energy it can to do this ie: your mobile phone, lights etc.
Have you ever seen the face of what you thought was Cathy whilst working there? One thing Doppelgangers seem to struggle with is matching the face of their chosen person to copy I have noticed.
Please do share more of your experiences with us, whatever is residing does not seem to be negative at all and probably enjoys your presence there.
Look forward to hearing more from you. 😊 Thanks for sharing with us.

Dan
CCTEMP (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-21)
Daffodaleestate,

It sounds like there is a lot going on. I'm particularly interested in the connection with electricity and the activity. During your stay, have you experienced more static electricity than usual? For instance small shocks touching a door handle or hair standing up on end? Just curious:)

Sincerely
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-21)
Like another post I've read, this makes me think of some sort of time-lapse. I wonder if you're seeing past and future events while "in the present". Time is a weird thing, and this is hard to explain. And this electric feeling people get, and how electronics stop working... I've experienced that as well, especially this month. (I swear, every electronic device I touch gets a power surge and dies. 😢 It's highly frustrating!) So I'm rather inspired to google search electric malfunctions and premonitions.
LilyOfWartune (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-18)
You should contact that Ghost Tour and look up for more info about the building if it's really bothering you so much
But since you woken up every 2:11 AM, I had doubt that it's residual haunting... The smell, your dog suddenly being submissive and electronic device that is not from the building happens to be dying within short time of arrival can be considered interaction, is it?
I think... Something is in there... And it's been very active I think
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
From what I understand, there are two possibilities:-

1) Doppelganger
2) Residual Haunting

Though I am highly inclined towards residual haunting, purely because there has been no interaction.
Maybe if you could let us know a few more details then the more experienced members can figure out...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: