You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost In The Pool

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost In The Pool

 

This is my first submission here. Although I have already submitted this to a ghost story blog on tumblr, I figured I should also share it here. I hope you enjoy reading my short story!

Last December, my college classmates reserved a pool in Bulacan for our Christmas party. It's our last Christmas party as a block so we figured to do something different for a change; in this case, going out of town overnight and go swimming (even for such a cold month) for the record. Now, being kids from Manila, we ought to go to Bulacan because for one thing, its accessible, and second, the prices for renting a pool are very reasonable. We all agreed (except for a few) and travelled to Bulacan at about 4PM in the afternoon, as we have reserved the pool from 6PM to 6AM.

The sun was halfway gone when we arrived to our destination. I've forgotten the location but from what I remember, it goes something like Sitio Gitna. "Gitna" means "middle" in Tagalog so I assume we are probably in the middle of Bulacan. As any excited bunch, we headed to the nipa huts, the boys set up the karaoke and some of the more responsible ones took charge of preparing dinner. I lounged for a bit inside the hut and examined the place. It was a nice place--calm, with an eerie feel but I felt we were welcome nonetheless.

About past 1 in the morning, I joined my friends in the hut. I was feeling a little cold already. About an hour later, one of my friends asked me to join the three of them to play in the pool for one last time before heading to the shower and grabbing a quick nap before we leave at sunrise.

The pool was cold, as expected. But I didn't want to be a killjoy so I joined my friends in their playing. One suggested we do this game where we will line up and she'll dive between our legs. One of us decided to go to the warm end of the pool so that left me, my close friend, and the friend who suggested. We lined up, the two of us, nonetheless and waited for our classmate to surface.

She got out of the water and we were all laughing... But what she said next made me stop.

"Okay, who decided to troll me? I didn't expect that! I had to hold my breath longer so I could get past the third pair of feet!"

I didn't say anything. I looked around and well, there were only three of us playing and our classmate who stood away from us remained in her place.

"Guys, there were three pairs of feet in there. I know because I touched the last one," her smile faded.

I, for one, am sure that there was no one else because I was supposedly the last pair of feet in there, and I didn't feel her touch me. I did not question this classmate of mine because she, for one thing, is sensitive to the supernatural and would never lie about something like this. She takes her gift seriously and would never joke about ghosts or any unexplained phenomenon for that matter.

We all came to an unanimous decision of not saying another word and just leave the pool altogether.

To this day, I never found out any more about the incident at the pool. Yet looking back, it was supposed to be WAY past godly hours to play in the pool and it made me think: who really did disturb someone else's playtime?

Other hauntings by BaiAnina

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BaiAnina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-14)
Perhaps, if it was a spirit, it merely wanted to play? It did not seem to have tried to harm her.

Did she have her eyes open or her eyes closed?

She could have believe she had passed the first two pairs of legs and actually had not yet cleared them.

Either way, that was an enjoyable story!
BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-18)
[at] kunwarkh If her sudden uneasiness was any indication, then I believe she did. After all, she did advice us all to leave the pool and we all decided to do so, even if we were all equally having fun before the incident.

I actually don't ask about her experiences out of respect but I do remember her mentioning seeing funny stuff in her home, if I recall correctly. Her closer circle of friends also mention her sensitivity and they all take it very seriously... Better not mess with that.

I can only conclude that while she's sensitive to that kind of energy, hers isn't as strong as other people I do know.

[at] sds Aw I wish I was able to ask a few personnels or so! But I really didn't find them that friendly to open up about the history. I don't think they like talking to city people either, thinking we might be drunk, ignorant teenagers who are doing a ghost hunting spree. After all, they will all say the same thing-- "this is rural Philippines, what did you expect?" which actually makes sense.

If I ever go back there, I would surely ask.
Rony813 (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
Ya anyone can be a little freaked out if something like that happens but I do not think it will cause you any harm. There are some very lonely spirits out there who want to communicate with people. It must have been one of them
CharlaC (6 stories) (22 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
Thanks for sharing. This is interesting. Sounds like the spirit that came up wanted to play the game as well. There are playful spirits out there and they just like having fun. They want to interact with the living. So I wouldn't be too freaked out about it.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
Hello BaiAnina, please answer kunwarkh question. Also, did you do any investigation like asking people, who used the swimming pool. You could have also asked the people, who were the staff or the in-charge of the swimming pool. It could have given some information. If you had already, please share it with us. You said that it was only last December you or rather your friend had the experience. Even now, if it is possible, you can investigate, if the place is nearby where you are now.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Momin-Helper (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
I was enjoying until your friend said "get past the third pair of feet". If she's sensitive to supernatural then that means you've never asked her anything before? Anything of such experiences?

If you have, like Kunwarkh says, please share.
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
You said that your friend had abilities. Did she sense that something was wrong?

Also, did she have such experiences frequently?
BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-17)
Oops, my bad! The name of the place is not Sitio Gitna. It's Gitna ng Nayon, I believe, but it's not Sitio Gitna. I got a little confused there... So sorry. 😲
STARRCHiCC14 (31 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-16)
Creepy! I think I know where in Bulacan this story happened. Anyways, thank you for sharing!:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: