You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Lurking

Real Ghost Stories

Something Lurking

 

I am new to this site and a little unsure of where to begin with this... First, I will say I am a fairly skeptical person and consider myself very level headed and logical. That being said, I cannot explain logically what I experienced five years ago. I have tried to explain it to friends and family and have been brushed off by many of them, but I'm hoping to gain a bit of insight from anyone who may have experienced the same thing.

I am a 23 year old female and a few years ago, I started college as an undergraduate. I have since graduated and I now live with my boyfriend, but as a freshman, I lived in a student apartment. I had three other roommates, but they favored partying over their studies and I never got along with them which is why I spent most of my time in my room studying. For about six months everything was normal, but after a while, I started to get the feeling someone was there in the room with me. I didn't think anything of it but after a week or two, the feeling started getting more intense. I felt extremely uncomfortable and was constantly looking all around my room.

I tried to ignore the feeling as I have never before encountered anything like this, but it was impossible to ignore with time and I really felt as though something was there watching me do everything. I started to fear sleeping at night and a few times I remember drifting in and out of sleep and something whispering in my ear. I couldn't make out what it was saying, but it felt evil. As I said, I may have been dreaming, but it felt so real. It got to the point where I would feel it whispering every night and during the day I felt it watching me.

One afternoon in particular I came home from class and decided to take a nap. I woke up to my dresser drawer moving; like someone was pulling it in slow motion. I was scared out of my wits and bolted out of the room. I hated going back in there and would stay out of my apt as much as possible, but when it came time to sleep, I had to go back so one day I was sick of the disturbing feeling it gave me and I yelled at it to leave me alone. That night I felt it whisper again, only more aggressively and I remember mentally begging it to stop. I then saw the image of what I thought was Jesus's face appear at the end of my bed and all he did was put a finger to his lips in a "shh" gesture without the sound and he and the thing beside me both disappeared and I have never been bothered since.

I never told my roommates because they would've thought I was crazy and everyone I have told insists there is an explanation for it all, but I know what I experienced and I think it may have been a demon. I was curious if anyone else had experienced anything similar.

-Phoenix-

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Phoenix23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-14)
The thought of Jesus telling you not to make a noise is a little strange- unless it would be a metaphor meant to be construed as don't be afraid. That seems like a bit of a stretch, however. I also am not sure why a demon would manifest itself as a deity that has presumably higher power than it possesses. No matter the reason, at least that ended the scenario that was frightening you.

I am sorry that you had to go through such a stressful experience, especially doing a time where many things were changing in your life.

I am happy that you are in a better place now and hopefully, you will remain in this place.

Best wishes to you and all of your endeavors.
CCTEMP (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-21)
Phoenix23,

You are certainly not alone.
Your mind does not want to acknowledge what's happening. Because if you do, then it cannot be ignored.
That is a terrible feeling.
It would be interesting to ask your previous roommates if they ever had any strange experiences. Who knows, maybe they had similar encounters.

Sincerely
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-10-20)
Hello Phoenix23, welcome to YGS. I go with lady-glow on this. I also do not think that it was demon but a spirit and that you were instrumental in it crossing over. It was a nice experience that you saw Jesus Christ before all the things stopped.

But you should share these experiences with others. Who knows, probably, they would have had many more such encounters with them. That could give us greater insights into the paranormal study per se. That is the reason why we keep asking people, who shared their experiences, with questions like what happened, have you investigated, whether other people have experienced it etc. Because this field is so wide and the experiences so different in different cultures and persons, we tend to study further and enrich ourself more about paranormal.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-19)
I do not think the lurking thing was a demon but a ghost that for some reason was stuck in the apartment and you helped it to cross over.
Are you a christian? -It was great that Jesus came to take that lost soul with him... No wonder it didn't bother you ever again.

I know you do not live on that place anymore, but it would be a good idea to research the history of the place, perhaps one of the previous tenants passed away in your room. 😐

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-10-19)
When people tell me there is no such thing as ghosts or paranormal phenomenon, I try to explain it in terms that they can comprehend.

A couple hundred years ago, if you would have said that you saw colors of light that others could not, they would have scoffed and thought YOU were hallucinating. We now know that there are colors of light in the spectrum that we cannot see with NORMAL human vision, such as ultraviolet and infrared.

So are other dimensions. Some of us are gifted with the ability to sense and/or see other 'realities', and some are not. So don't simply pooh-pooh another person's experience as being irrational. They may be more 'light-sensitive' than you.

Does this help?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: