You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Green Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

Green Eyes

 

This is the first time I have posted a story on here and I am a bit nervous to do so. I ask you bear with me as I am not an eloquent writer.

I am 38 years old now but this happened to me when I was about 14 and still haunts me to this day. I grew up in Galveston, TX which has a rich history including the 1900 storm. That being said there are stories about hauntings in almost every home and business on the island. I have always been sensitive to spirits and can't remember a time when I wasn't aware of the existence of the paranormal.

One night I had been sleeping and woke up needing to go the restroom. I got out of bed and once I was fully standing I saw a dark hooded/cloaked figure right in front of me. This figure had no features other than glowing green eyes and what seemed to be skeleton-like fingers. It didn't really scare me but it raised it's hands and pushed me back on my bed by placing its fingers on either of shoulders and giving a slight shove. I still wasn't very scared but I decided to just go back to sleep instead of heading to the restroom as planned.

I didn't remember the incident when I first woke up but when I went to shower a bit later I noticed 2 finger size bruises (one on either shoulder). It's at that point it all came back to me. I have often wondered what it was or what it wanted. I haven't seen it since and really don't care to either.

I appreciate any input I can get on this. Here I am, over 20 years later and I still can't figure out what happened that night.

Rath9375

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rath9375, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

IzzyC (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
I agree with beantoof that preventing you from leaving the room for your safety is what first came to my mind when I read your story. Perhaps you were going to slip on the bath mat and hit your head on the toilet if you went to the restroom right then.

I'd really love to hear about the similar experiences your step family had concerning this figure.
voidwalker (1 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
creatures such as the one you decribe have plagued me for years mine are much more sinister though
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
Bean,

Thank you for your input. I never thought about it being a protector. Come to think of it now, the restroom I was going to go to was our most active room. Maybe our ghost was out and about or something.
beantoof (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-22)
Hi Rath,

I could be totally off but I assume this could have been a reaper and something... Like an unfortunate accident, was going to happen if you went into the bathroom at that very moment.

So Death said, "um...no, you sit down right here on your bed, it's not your time." This is just what came to my mind when I read your tale. Again, this is just a guess. There must be a reason it didn't want you in there. Hope to read more...

I am new here (just signed up today) and have a few stories of my own to share.

Sincerely,
Bean 😊
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-19)
Seeing a skeleton fingered hooded guy with green eyes while at the same time having to go to the bathroom definitely is not a combination most people would be able to experience without having an accident. Kudos to you for keeping control!
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-19)
NorthCoastie,
I think the only reason I wasn't scared is because I grew up seeing spirits and I really hadn't seen anything up to that point that could have been negative so I didn't know to be worried or scared.
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-19)
Well that's pretty creepy... I'd have been mad as heck if some entity wouldn't let me use the bathroom at night, like "yo, get out the way, I gotta go!" That's interesting that you weren't scared by it, any thoughts on why not?

I've spent time in Galveston myself, really interesting place!
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-19)
SDS,

The history of the house is simple. It was built in 1911 and the owner/builder had a heart attack and died in the upstairs bathroom. My great grandfather bought the house in 1917 as it stayed empty for the previous 6 years because no one wanted a home at that time that someone had died in. Therefore the rest of the home's history is very well known. My grandmother lived there until this year as it had to be sold for financial reasons.

I did tell every one in my family and no one else had seen anything like that at the time. 20 some years my later my father married my step mom and strangely enough she and her family had almost identical experiences around the same time frame but lived a few hours away at that time.

Thanks,
Rath
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-19)
Hello rath9375, thanks for sharing your experience. When you said that you did not remember the incident fully, I first thought it was a vivid dream but the bruises on your shoulders made me think otherwise.

But with a single incident it is difficult to comment further. I just want to ask you whether you shared this experience with others in your family. If you did, what was their reaction. Did anybody else in the family experience similar encounters or sighted an apparition like what you have seen. Did you investigate the history of the house or asked your neighbours about it. If so, please keep us informed and thereafter, it would be better to comment further as to what you have actually seen.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: