You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Guys, Old Man, Creepy House

Real Ghost Stories

Little Guys, Old Man, Creepy House

 

I previously submitted a story relating to my son, now I would like to relate my personal experiences.

1) The Little Guys:

I don't know much about this one, but this has been told to me many times by my mother and the story hasn't ever changed. I was born in Lancaster, CA, and until I was 5 lived in Bishop, CA in a mobile home. I don't have much memory of the home, so I apologize for not being able to provide the layout.

My mother tells me that I began speaking very early in life, forming words at about 8 months and speaking full sentences before I turned one. She says that I used to complain of my toys not being where I left them.

One night she heard me talking from the living room (we did not have a baby monitor, I believe my room was right next to the living room) so she decided to go in and tell me to lay down and go to bed. When she opened the door, she says I was standing in my crib intently scrutinizing my dresser. She asked me what I was doing, and I told her, "Looking for the little guys". She prodded me further, asking "What little guys?" I replied, "You know, the little guys that play with my toys all the time." She pressed on farther, asking for a description of the little guys. I replied, pointing to what I was describing, "They have eyes, noses, mousies (mouths), hairs, you know little guys." I held up both hands to show a measurement that she says was about 6-8 inches in height.

She passed this by my Abuela who is just as sensitive to the paranormal as my mother. Abuela told Mom that she (Abuela) had a similar experience as a child living in Mexico, but did not elaborate further. Has anyone ever heard of this before? I would like to try to find out more about this one.

2) The Old Man:

When I was 5 years old, my family moved to Lancaster, CA so my dad wouldn't have to commute a long distance to work. The house we moved into had some addition work and conversions done at some point. The garage was converted to a Master Bedroom, a new garage was added on, the living room was expanded into the kitchen and a new kitchen and dining area were added.

As you enter the home, on the right side there is a door leading into a small hallway. Once you pass through that door and into the hallway, you are faced with another door which leads into what was once my bedroom, to the right of that was my brother's room, then the bathroom next to that. Once we took off the door that was on the hallway, you could see the coffee table and sofa from my bedroom if I left the door open. Again, from the entry of the house, you walk into the living room, which was quite spacious. The kitchen is beyond that with a little shelved "window" that looks into the living room. The master bedroom door sat on the dividing line between the living room and dining area of the kitchen.

The first incident is the one I remember the most. I think I was 9, it was about midnight and I woke with the most urgent need to pee. I got up and rushed to the bathroom. I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye as I got up, but brushed it off as being tired and not fully awake.

By the time I was done in the bathroom, I forgot about what I thought I saw and laid back down in bed. I tossed from my back to my right side, then finally resting on my left side. It was then that I opened my eyes and remembered that I thought I saw something. I remembered mainly because now I was seeing something. Sitting on the coffee table was a bluish white figure of a man. He was older with a neatly kept beard. I don't remember his clothing aside from the hat. He was wearing a cowboy hat. The reason I remember that hat is because the man smiled and raised his hat off of his head, bowing his head slightly in a silent greeting. My 9 year old mind flipped out and, without thinking, I ran through the living room to my parents' bedroom. I woke my dad who just waved it off as being a dream, my mom did not reply, but took me back to bed.

I saw this man a few other times in the remaining 4 years that we lived in that house, and he always moved the same way, a tip of the hat and a smile. I always thought that we brought the coffee table with us from Bishop, but I found out later that it was in the garage when we moved in, so we used it since we needed one. My dog never seemed on edge in this house, unlike the next one.

3) The Panda Bear, The Old Lady and The Girl:

When I was 15, we moved into a single story 3 bedroom rental home. The first thing that struck me as odd was that the attic access was through the garage. That is actually where the first odd occurrence happened.

As my brother and I were putting some things into the attic for storage, we came across an old stuffed Panda Bear. We pulled it down to throw it away and noticed a zipper around the neck. The zipper was haphazardly attached, obviously not intended by the manufacturer. Being the curious teenagers that we were, we unzipped the Panda and found an old tape recorder and a collection of 5 cassette tapes. Again being curious teenagers, we played one of the tapes only to be more confused by the whole thing. What played sounded like maybe Japanese, but backward. It reminded me of playing a record in reverse, but this was definitely not English being played in reverse. The house only got more and more strange after that.

The next thing I found odd was my dog's reactions in the home. We had a Pit Bull, Boxer, Border Collie mix that was the world's most annoying lap dog, mainly because he was 85 lbs and insisted on laying in your lap. He truly was the sweetest dog in the world, and very protective of me in particular. He was never comfortable in this house. Always up walking around as if he was tracking something, on edge, growling at the fireplace that we never took the covering off of. The only place that he seemed to ease some was in my bedroom. In fact, that is the only place in the house that I really felt comfortable.

One night I woke up because I heard a growling sound, it sounded just like my dog, so I got up to find him and bring him back to bed. I searched all over the house and found him in the fireplace room, hair raised, teeth bared. By this point he was 9 years old and I had never seen him like this before. I stroked his back and grabbed his collar. I gave him one of the only commands he really understood, "Go to bed". He gave a bark, one more low growl and complied with my order. I detoured to the bathroom on my way back to bed. I splashed some water on my face, and when I looked back into the mirror, I saw a bluish-white figure of an old woman looking at me in the reflection. She appeared to be of Asian descent and her hand was raised, finger pointing, not necessarily at me, but in my direction. From the look on her face, she was very angry.

Allow me to digress for a moment to explain the layout of this part of the house, which is the only part I remember. When you looked into the mirror, typically you could see my brother's bedroom door over your left shoulder. This time, I could barely make out the door. It appeared as if the woman was standing in front of his door. I turned to face what I was seeing, only to find nothing but the door.

My brother says that he saw the same old woman standing outside of the bathroom door, and also saw her reflection in the mirror, but only her face and shoulders, as if she was right next to him. I saw this old woman throughout the year that we lived in this home, and the feeling was always threatening.

Both my brother and I also saw the figure of a small girl. I don't remember facial features, but I remember the girl standing at the end of the hallway, just outside of the master bedroom. The little girl would point to the kitchen and turn to walk into the master bedroom, vanishing after only a couple of steps in. My brother's experience with her was a little bit more personal. He saw her just outside of his bedroom door more than anywhere else in the house. He says that she looked sad, eyes always down toward the floor. On more than one occasion he saw her in the bathroom, but only a glimpse as he was entering.

These are just 3 of my own life experiences. I have had more things happen in my life.

Other hauntings by abelievermetalfan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, abelievermetalfan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
abelievermetalfan - it will be easy to convince yourself that the knife had blood on it after hearing the story. But... And I do stress "but", without actual proof that the son was performing animal sacrifices, it is just hearsay. Which means it is nothing but a rumor. And that also means that the knife could have had rust on it, just as you originally thought.

Our mind can sway us many different ways, depending upon what we want to believe. If you want to believe the boy performed animal sacrifices and the knife had blood on it, that is what you are going to believe.
abelievermetalfan (4 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
Found something out about the hose with the Panda Bear. My mother was in town a few weeks ago, and we got to talking about the houses we lived in. Apparently, someone she knew was familiar with the house and the previous inhabitants. She was told that the previous family had a son who was mentally ill and ritually performed animal (chicken) sacrifices. One thing I forgot to mention, in my brother's room, he found in a hidden shelf of the close, a blade to what looked like a steak knife with some odd spots, we thought the were rust. Now I'm pretty sure it was blood stained.
Piedpiper (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-11)
I think lostghostgirl might be on to something. The lady was Asian, right? She might have had something to do with the tapes and the panda bear.

One thing confuses me. In one of your earlier stories, you said that your dog was a puppy, and that when you moved, she seemed more comfortable in the new house. In one of your later stories you say that she is an older dog, and was not comfortable anywhere except for in your bedroom. Could you clear that up a bit?
abelievermetalfan (4 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
Ok, that's what I get for not keeping an eye on this story, I guess I have some things to clear up. As far as the little guys go, I am sorry I don't hae much other than a story told to me, I was too young to have memories about this. Lady-glow, no, I do not understand Japanese, but I have heard enough to be able to differentiate it from other Asian languages. A few questions about the tapes to answer: The cassette tapes were kept on a refrigerator in the garage for a couple of months, then I tucked them back into the attic where they were found, right after that, we moved out, so I don't know about any other "hauntings" that may have occurred.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
Hi abelievermetalfan, I don't know about the first experience because except for something you narrated that your mom told you about yourself, there is not much input for me to comment on it.

The old man, the old woman and the small girl might be residual hauntings. Because the old was doing the same movements, the small girl was like moving from kitchen to master bedroom and the old woman was seen angrily as a reflection in the mirror. So all of them might be residual. That is my opinion.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
What happened to these cassette tapes? I so want to know what was recorded!
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
wow Angry Old Woman I think it's cause you and your broher open the panda bear zipper and found the casts tape that ya'll never open it's kind of like ghost to come out or something same goes with coffee table when you saw the old man but he seem friendly. Interest story though.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-22)
Either backward or forward -do you understand Japanese? 😉

Your Abuela is talking about duendes, these are little goblins that might be mischievous or helpful, and they like to play and/or stole kid's toys.
Davecan (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-22)
Interesting experiences. That tape was freaky-do you remember what happened to it?
Regarding the little guys, my first wife was raised in Mexico and she used to say that she saw "little indians" in her room at night sometimes. If I recall correctly, they would also play with her toys and her parents never believed her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: