You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: She Wasn't Playing Alone

Real Ghost Stories

She Wasn't Playing Alone

 

In 2006, my now ex husband and I bought a home in Vienna. My daughter, Maliah was 3 at the time. She was an only child, and was very good at entertaining herself. Shortly after we moved in, she began playing with a child (a boy) that only she could see. She said that his name was Sadie Hans. Maliah has always had a very creative imagination, so I assumed she was just lonely and created a playmate.

She played with Sadie and conversed with him for months. I started noticing a change in her behavior about 4 months after. She really started acting out, mouthing off, and misbehaving. She got into finger paints one morning and covered her hands and feet. I had footprints and handprints all over my floors and walls. When I caught her doing this, I of course punished her, and asked if she understood why she was being punished. She said that it wasn't her fault, that Sadie had made her do it. I told her she was no longer allowed to play with Sadie. It all went downhill from there.

After that incident, our dog Magnum, a yellow lab/bull terrier mix would cower under the table and in corners over nothing. We would hear, late at night, heavy footsteps on the floors. I had to lay in Maliah's bed with her at bedtime, because Sadie was mad at her and "wanted to hurt her" for not playing with him.

One night, a little after 3 a.m., Maliah woke up screaming. I jumped out of bed, turned on her light, and saw a look pure horror on my little girl's face. She was crying so hard. It took me about 5 minutes to calm her down enough that she would talk to me. She told me that her leg hurt, that Sadie had bit her leg. Upon immediate inspection, I saw nothing. "No, Mom, the back of my leg", she said. On the back of her thigh, right below her butt, were child size teeth marks. Just to clarify, our dog spent his nights in his crate, and as I said before, Maliah is an only child.

The following day, I went through my house, and made it very clear that whatever was there, was not welcome in the name of Jesus Christ. We had no more activity after that.

Other hauntings by Amanda32

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amanda32, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Amanda32 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
Thank you all for the interest you have taken in this story! I'm sorry to hear that some have you have experienced something about the same, or know someone who has.
It was certainly no fun to deal with! When I finally said, enough is enough, and confronted it, I was so angry with what it had done to my child, that I literally had no fear confronting it! As a lot of you will learn, I myself was haunted and tormented by spirits as a child. My parents had priests come in and bless the house multiple times, and nothing ever got better. I learned that its just best to rebuke it in the name of God. I have found that if you find enough strength in your faith, and stand up to it, its very possible to rid of it yourself ��.
miyabattletocute15 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
😭 omg that just makes me so sad like that happened to me just last month and it makes me very sad how bad things happen only to me because I see ghost communicate I even always ask my ghost questions and they re
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
Your poor daughter! Good for you for putting your foot down and clearing out your home. I'm glad it's gone.

Speaking about imaginary friends... I had one myself before the age of three; being a very articulate child, I'd have full on conversations. My parents took me to the doctor who figured my imagination was the case... But was it, really?! My parents both wonder, even to this day, because when they would open the bedroom door to check on me having such conversations, I would say "where'd you go?!".
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
Hi Amanda32,

A most terrifying experience your daughter and yourself had with this ghost child! Its bad what he did to her simply becaus she stopped playing with him.

Not so long ago I was talking to my brothers second daughter who is seven and the conversation was about best friends. When I told her the name of my childhood best friend she asked: "Was he a real one?" She used to have conversations when laying in her bed some years ago while her sis was already sleeping. Her parents hearing this checked in on her and witnessed how she lay there speaking to an invisible someone.

I'm glad you got it away from your daughter!

Peter,
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
Did you do any research into the history of the home? It certainly sounds like a naughty child.

What samtillie said about a three year old being too young to create an imaginary friend sounds credible to me, too. I was a highly imaginative child but I don't believe I had any imaginary friends until I was five or six.
lin66127 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
I believe every word you are saying. My granddaughter was in the shower getting ready for school at around 5 a.m. When all of a sudden she came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her and told me while she was showering, she felt a burning pain on her leg above her knee. We looked and there were three scratches and I took a picture of it. After that I rebuked it in the name of God.
Hahiha (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
You were brave to stand up to the ghost, but he did cross a major line biting her.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
Wow this is shocking as your daughter was bitten, so glad you warned the spirit away. A relative of mine experienced this when her daughter was 3 years old, her friend, (a medium) told her, her daughter was too young to have the imagination to create an imaginary friend. Thanks for posting your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: