You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Board and More Weird Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Board and More Weird Happenings

 

Recently, I went on vacation and during the week I was away, my friend, Paige, cared for my cat, dog, and house. A few days ago, when I came back, Paige came over to hang out, and she brought up that two days after we left, Paige came to my house and the radio and the TV upstairs were both on, blasting music and sound. She didn't leave either of them on the day before, and neither did we when we left.

I don't own a Ouija board, but we searched "How to Make Your Own Ouija Board" and found a good web site. We followed the steps, using a magnifying glass as the pointer. I was really skeptical, at first, because it wasn't a real Ouija board. We asked, "Is anyone there?". For the first second, nothing happened. But then it started to shake and slowly move to "Yes". I looked at Paige, but I could tell by her face that she wasn't moving it, and I most certainly wasn't! Plus, there's a difference when you're moving it and a ghost - or whatever we were talking to - is! It told us his name was Ron, he has a sister named Agatha, and he died in a fire. We were getting different dates every time and it was hard to understand them. The real question was, were we really talking to someone?

Since we used the Ouija board, other weird things have been happening, not just the usual. The other night, I was laying in bed, and it felt like someone was sitting on my bed. I looked to see if it was my dog or cat, and it wasn't. I could see the imprint of someone sitting there.

I was doing my hair in my mirror and I heard my bed creak, like someone was getting on it. I looked, and, again, no one was there.

Also, I got a charm bracelet while on vacation. I would put it on my wrist so that I could hook it myself, but every time I got close to the clasp, it would fall, which would make no sense. Finally, I expected maybe the ghost (if there is one) was doing it. I said, "Stop it, please!" The next time I tried, I got it on. Also, I bought 2 necklaces the other day at the mall, and both of them broke without explanation. The chain would crack. I wasn't sure why this was happening. Is it because I threw out the makeshift Ouija board?

Does anyone know how a Ouija board works? Or why this is happening? It hasn't been anything serious - yet.

Other hauntings by Daisy_Pink13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Daisy_Pink13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bri121 (6 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
I have done the Ouija Board 4 times 2 twice at my house and twice at my friend's house and I want to do it at my other friend's house (she just bought a Ouija Board). I have never talked to an evil spirit. A lot of bad spirits come from Ouija Boards, but a lot of good ones come too. I don't think online Ouija Boards work because you need to touch the planchette.
Mr_Burnz (3 stories) (69 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Well, in my opinion the online Ouija Board isn't as affective as an actual board. Some may argue that, but again that's my opinion not their's.

Anyways, coming from a person that's had a couple of expierences (including one that I've already posted on here) you don't always contact BAD spirits on the Ouija Board. I've never talked to a bad one. I've pissed one off before because we were asking it over and over the same question, but they never threw anything or caused anything bad to happen.

I guess each to their own (based on their own personal expierences you know). But ALWAYS use precautiions when using the Ouija Board. Keep us posted on new occurances if there are any. 😉 Take Care and God Bless.

Burnz
BeLiVe3368 (17 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
It's weird how they have online Ouija boards. I think they work. I almost tried it but then decided not cause I don't want anything in my house.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Hey anyone want to go to the chat room. I would like to have a deasent connversation with someone.
DemonSora (69 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
well the ouija board can contact not only bad spirits! And when we were done using the ouija board quickly, just in case we burned it and then prayed to God. And not a thing happened weird! Even I was afraid to try it out but I did it!
tink301 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Ouija boards do sound pretty bad, and my parents say that their "the devil" so I'll probly never use one. I've thought it over a couple times and I want to try but then I read these stories and I change my mind. 😕 Besides I don't want any "things" in my house. 😉
DemonSora (69 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
well pray to God and he will make the ghost or... Demon go away by his command. I was using a home made ouija board 3 weeks ago with my friends on my last day in Chicago, I'm in Poland right now on vacation. And it was the weirdest night of my life. But I'm going to write that now, or after I come back to Chicago. 😐
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
P.s. Do they still sell the manufactured ouija boards because I have never seen them in shops
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
Ouija boards are like a cell phones to the dead they can be so dangerous and it doesn't matter if its a make shift its still a ouija board, but I hope you find the answer you're looking for good luck 😊
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-20)
Moonflower_Maiden,

i suggest not "testing" them. Cause you can test some bad stuff. But yes, home-made ones work just as well. You get some cards, write a letter on them, get some other ones, write numbers on it. Usually put it under see-threw glass. And use a see-through glass. There ya' go. Ya' got your own Ouija board. I want to try 1 on the internet... But also don't wanna... I want to mess with an Ouija board just once! But not something that could possibly be REAL... Jeez... Ya' can't do anything fun nowadays that can't harm you. Tch.

~Gejro
Moonflower_Maiden (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-20)
The Oiuja board doesn't have to be made by a toy company (as the ones sold in stores usually are) to be "real". I've heard that homemade ones actually work better than the mass-manufactured kind... I say heard because I read about some on the internet and I haven't had the chance to really test the one that I made a while back but the 2 store-bought ones I've used worked just fine... If you can call it "fine".
6senses (6 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-11)
Ouija boards are often used to communicate with Spirits, but from my personal experience and other stories it seems only evil ones "play" with these. Also, you say more unnatural things have been happening. This always happens when you reach evil spirits. I wouldn't be scared, but I wouldn't talk to them with that board anymore. If the first experience was (and very easily could have been) a nice ghost then they will communicate in different ways. 😊
interesting_plank_measurement (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
i don't really understand ghosts... Most people when theyre alive wouldn't bother people that much... Why would a dead person bother... Hmmm I wouldn't if I was some sort of spirit of something...

this does sound interesting though gates and doors and ghosty things... ❤
uncanny (2 stories) (17 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-12)
I think ouija boards are real...

and they're bad...don't use them... CA banned to sell ouija board
Daisy_Pink13 (5 stories) (21 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-11)
everyone who has replied pretty much all say, "ouija boards are bad news" it was only because my friend and I wanted to do a seance but at the time didn't have enough people.

and heavan, I noticed the sarcasm in your replie 🤔
heavan_anjoolz (2 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-10)
That is the weirdest thing that I have ever heard. Maybe you disturb the dead so now they disturb you, it is reasonable not to disturb them.

Well if I were you in the beginning I wouldn't make an ouijia board or buy one because everyone knows that it can make your life miserable.
jeya (4 stories) (30 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-10)
poltergeistfan, I agree with you as a matter of fact I recently posted a story that dealt with someone I know who burned the board and had to pay serious consequences for it. My story is called "the little girl just won't leave him alone" check it out.
Vampireheart (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-08)
Thats strange... But I would never ever dare even go near one the are to scary(I am a person who loves scary things too) I just don't want to open a door that cannot be closed
Daisy_Pink13 (5 stories) (21 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-08)
Thanks for all your replies, guys. Does it matter if it wasn't a real Ouija board? It was just some printer paper 😁 and a magnifying glass. I just threw it out when I was done.
poltergeistfan (3 stories) (26 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-08)
How did you dipose of the ouija board? Because there is a certain way you need to properly dispose of it. First you fold it, then cut it up into 7 identicle pieces, then you wrap it in a cloth and throw it away. But whatever you do, NEVER try to BURN the ouija board, if you do then you will hear screaming and the spirits in the board will come out and haunt the person that's in charge of it. Anyways... I hope you find that ouija board and throw it away correctly.
bossymiss (1 stories) (30 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
until I read this sites stories I never knew what a oj board thingie was I'm scared to try one because they are saying all diffrent things shall I or not anser as a comment at the four shadows ghost story I think ghosts are real all these things that people expirience its true it has to be! Bye 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
ouijia boards are soooo dangerous! I had to find that out the hard, sounds like you are to. I would take Shanes recommendation ASAP. Don't what you may have let in, and if you didn't close thecomments, what still may come in.

God Bless
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
i agree with Shane. Do the cleansing ceremony right away. If you did not close the portal when you stopped communicating, you may have left it open for entities to come through.

oujia boards are bad, bad news. I learned the hard way, and, unfortunately, it sounds like you are learning that way to.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
Not wrong at all Ryokoie. Daisy you may have managed to open a portal to another plane of existance. I am also willing to bet you didn't have a piece of silver on your board while using it and I would also speculate that a protective spell or blessing wasn't performed before using the board. Also did you end your session with a final good bye or just stop communications? I am not trying to sound condensending, and I apologize if I come off that way. I just do not recommend the use of a ouija board as they are bad news. To help with your spirit problem I would recommend doing a native american smudge ceremony. I have directions for one in the articles section of this site. Paying special attention to the area the board was used in. Doesn't sound like you let anything of an evil or bad nature cross over but you never can tell. If I can be of futher assistance please let me know.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Ryokoie (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
Well from the stuff I heard, supposedly those boards create portals/pathways for the spirits to come and go. Someone correct me if I'm wrong someone. I wish you luck. ^_^

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: