You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: What Do I Do? I Think My House Is Haunted 2

Real Ghost Stories

What Do I Do? I Think My House Is Haunted 2

 

This is my second 'story' and I got great feedback last time!

It has taken so long for another update because I wanted to wait for a few solid, strange experiences. The first one as I recall, was when it was in the early hours of the morning. Something caught my eye from BEHIND the TV. My wall was dark (as it was early hours in the morning) and another shadow swept across it. I was instantly frightened.

I can't narrow it down, but another experience is constant little thuds, footstep noises and shuffling. Now, I do have cats but the noises are to heavy to be cats, and I am often left worried. Another mention of my cats is that they have been spotted to stare and 'meow' at nothing. It's almost as if they are staring and trying to communicate to someone, although no-one is there... (It is not only me that has noticed strange behavior in my cats, but the rest of my family.)

Lastly, and in my opinion more frightening happened yet again in the middle of the night, or early hours of the morning. I remember clearly going to pee, walking back and firmly shutting the stairs door. I proceeded upstairs with the door still firmly shut and lay down in my bed. I was just ready to sleep when I heard the door handle squeak down, and the door slowly creak open. I was honestly petrified, thinking someone else was downstairs, although my whole family were sleeping upstairs...

To reply to a few comments from before. I do not live near a railway or anything like that. My house foundations are perfectly fine. I am finding it extremely difficult to research into the past of my house. OH, and another thing! Many people who live in haunted houses feel a presence of some kind. But still, after all this, I feel nothing.

Is my house haunted? Leave your opinions, and any help you may have. Thank you.

Other hauntings by alexjones

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alexjones, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

alexjones (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-05)
Thanks for your help. I recommend you guys read my other 'story'. It has a lot more goings on than this one, and a lot more solid proof of ghosts, perhaps.

I understand meowing at seemingly nothing is typical for cats, but mine are a lot stranger. It's incredibly difficult to explain, but it is strange to say the least.

Thank you all again, i'll take everything into consideration.
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
Not trying to discount your story at all, but was your TV on when you saw the shadows behind it? I ask this because after staring at a lit screen for awhile you can see tracers when you look away. Also the light from the TV could reflect off of other objects in the room and cause shadows and movement as the display on the TV changes. Also I find it compelling that you don't feel a presence. I normally get a feeling I'm being watched when there is paranormal energy.
DarkFlames95 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
I have a cat and she meows at nothing as well, but that's just because she is crazy. 😜 If there is something in your house, maybe it just wants to make itself known. It doesn't seem like it is a malevolent spirit. Just make sure you do not try to do anything to elevate activity. That usually ends up in a serious situation.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
Your cats are being cats. Freaking out their humans is part of their makeup. They could be looking at bugs, spiders, shadows, rain running down the windows. Almost anything. They could also be listening to mice or insects in the walls and turning their heads to track the sound. They can also sound like they're a lot heavier than they are, I think because when they jump from place to place they land on two feet placed close together, so all their weight is concentrated in one spot. And I had a tomcat years ago who sounded just like a human going up and down stairs.
lin66127 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
If It makes you feel any better, our house is haunted too. We have a little bit of everything happening around here. This house is 103 years old and I feel it has a lot of history.
Do like I did. Get a night vision webcam and place it high in the corner of your room (I tape mine about two thirds up to the ceiling). Hook it up to something that you can record on. Also, be sure to buy one with sound. I caught orbs and a light behind my closet curtain. It makes me feel secure to check out what is going on when I'm sleeping.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: