You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Strange Unknown Feeling In Certain Rooms - Need Help

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Unknown Feeling In Certain Rooms - Need Help

 

I may be posting this in the wrong section but I am desperately in need of answers. I am 17 and live in Massachusetts. For as long as I can remember, when I walk in to certain rooms (or parts of rooms) my head begins to throb and I feel light headed. The majority of the time this happens in rooms with very old items/objects or if the house is old itself. But occasionally it happens in places otherwise. I have no allergies. This is a feeling I only get in situations similar to what I have described.

It doesn't happen too often. For example, my friend has a younger brother... A few times I have gone into his room but I can't stay in there because my head fiercely throbs and I can hardly focus. This has also happened in a few "antique" shops or shops with very old items that belonged to people who most likely are deceased.

About 5 years ago I went to a antique thrift shop in Padanaram. I approached the back of the store that contained very old, worn out clothing, my head began to pulse and I felt very, very out of place. That was the first time I realized the aberration of my situation.

I don't entirely believe in ghosts and I am not quite religious, but I am open to anything. I tried searching this on other websites but I found absolutely nothing. I am desperate for an answer as to why this happens, paranormal or not. I have never met someone else with the same "condition." I can say with confidence that this is unique and very anomalous. I'll appreciate any help, thank you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DaemAesthetics, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

amarynthia (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-29)
Hiya, I realise this post is a few months old now but I thought I'd just leave a note to let you know you're not alone. I get the exact same thing. My head gets fuzzy like it does when I've stayed up all night, it starts to feel like I'm not quite taking in enough oxygen with each breath, and my legs feel weak. Not all at once, but usually in that order, sometimes worse, sometimes it's not so bad. I mostly get this with antique shops, and old people's homes, and it's only recently that I've even learnt how to step inside a hospital without feeling all kinds of weird and like I need to get out of there quicksmart.

I don't entirely understand it, and I'm not 100% sure on ghosts - but memories do leave a little something, I think, and if a person spends enough time loving a certain object for example, or feeling continuously depressed and resentful in a particular room, that leaves an impression. I'm pretty sensitive to other's emotions too - real, physical, living people - and it feels much like that, sometimes.

The main thing I try to remember, is that a feeling is just a feeling, and it can't hurt me. I do sometimes try to set boundaries - it sounds silly, but I'll speak firmly to an empty room and tell it exactly what's on my mind. That I don't like to be messed with. When we moved into this house, I felt like it didn't want us here. But I said to an empty room one night that we weren't going to be living here forever, maybe a couple of years or so - the house would still be here long after we were gone. And since then I haven't felt threatened, and the house feels a lot tamer since then. I think it helped that I planted a garden, too.

It could be psychological, and asserting myself to an empty room could just be a subconcious way to make myself feel better. Call it what you will. But if you do feel as though maybe you're picking up on something a little outside of what most people feel or see, just keep in mind that even though it feels weird, you're the one in charge. If you need to, just take a step outside, take a deep breath in, then out, and shake it off. You can mentally shake, or physically if you like - but it's just like a dog shaking off water. Don't carry it around with you, it'll weigh you down.
KMamma (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-02)
The O/P may have a high sensitivity to emfs. Older places tend to have higher emf fields that can cause headaches, dizziness, and even hallucinations. Just a thought. I really like the mold idea, y'all. I can't say I would have thought of that.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
DaemAesthetics - when you said "throb and lightheaded" I wondered if ghosts/spirits might be trying to communicate with you. If you are being bombarded, it could cause you to feel like this. I know I feel like this sometimes.

BUT! As others have said, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE rule out all medical conditions first! Mold is a very serious situation and should be looked into. There are also other medical conditions that could cause this, so please, consult a physician and make sure everything "normal" can be ruled out, okay? Been there a thousand times, so I'm not just saying words that I don't mean.

Please let us know, keep us informed, okay?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
Hello DaemAesthetics, your experiences are quite strange. Like NorthCoasite and Obsidian0666 said, it could be due to mold you might be experiencing to throbbing in your head. Try to attend to it in a rational manner before we turn towards paranormal. Once you eliminate mold and medical factor, then we can discuss about other aspects as to why you get such throbbing only when you visit places stored with old items. Keep us posted of the developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
Hello,

In my neighbourhood there is warehouse where you can buy old second hand stuff. Individuals selling their old things or Companies that clear out houses when someone has passed on, bring their collections there and put a price on it. The longer it stays in the store the lower the price gets... But anyhow, each time when i've visited the warehouse together with my father or brother, we always come out feeling like we've just did some over intense studie marathon.

We also have this when we've been to the city for the afternoon. I used to have it when living in Ghent and walking through a particular street. So, in my case this is not mold related but rather picking up on energies.

I think you are a very sensitive person. Nothing to worry about, its a blessing in the way that it will guide you. Meditation can help cleaning up the feeling in your head. Or just being quiet for a while...

Wishing you all the best,
Peter
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
You said your head begins to "throb". I took that as a headache. Is that right?

I Googled "what causes headache and light headedness" and the first two entries on the first page were ads for mold removal.
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
I'm friends with a guy who works for a restoration company that does residential mold remediation. He worked on a big nasty mold job and didn't wear a respirator. He told me that night, he got home and the whole room was spinning, he was seeing colors, and he was having a hard time breathing. His wife called an ambulance and the emergency room staff accused him of being on drugs, but the blood toxicology didn't find anything. They think it was due to mold exposure.

The big difference with your experiences though, is that the onsite was a lot quicker than that, so who knows!
DaemAesthetics (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
I have had some serious consideration that the issue may be an extreme sensitivity to certain molds, but I've done research and I'm not finding anything with the same symptoms. I can't say for sure yet, I hope it's just mold. Thanks everyone!
theuser434 (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
hmmm, you brain may be sensitive to old objects because every object contains a "story". And I don't mean visually, but it contains more and more energy over time. Everything is made of energy, and it comes in many forms, so it could be on an old object. Never moving on it, but adding on more energy the more something that has energy comes in contact with it, like living things and ect.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
And, going on with what Northcoastie and Obsidian said, you wouldn't necessarily know you were allergic to mold if you only come into contact with it sporadically. Especially since there are a kajillion types of mold and you might only be allergic to a specific few.
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
Mold can definitely have psychedelic effects to some people if the wrong kind if inhaled. Believe me, working in insurance, I have heard all kinds of horror stories about the effects of mold.
Obsidian0666 (3 stories) (5 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
I hope you don't mind me suggesting another alternative; perhaps you are simply allergic to mould? Old room often contain that in the walls and lots of old clothes as well.
lin66127 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
I read your story. When I was younger, my mother, sister and I would go into the goodwill. While I was looking through the clothes, I would begin to feel like I had a virus or something. Nausea and just didn't feel well. Well, that could be that the old smells on the clothes didn't agree with me. But as for you, you could be reacting to old smells or you could be sensitive to spirits. I'm no expert but I have had a little bit of everything happen in my life that is unusual. Pray and ask the Lord to help you with this. God Bless You!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: