You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: No Face?

Real Ghost Stories

No Face?

 

I've always heard odd things, and seen the supernatural. Though, usually, it's just a general feel or whisper in a house with a haunting - a haunting that's human, that is. But recently, something's changed, and it's really freaking me out.

It all started when I started university in Devon, England. I'd been very sick for a couple of days (nasty cold) and was just starting to feel better, so my flatmate and I decided to go out to the town for a lunch out. All went as planned, and we managed to catch one of the sparse buses in the nick of time.

This is where it gets a little odd... I always gaze out the window whenever I'm travelling, so I don't miss much. Usually, it's just a fox running across a field, or a nice view, but this time it was a guy. He was sticking his arm out for the bus. This obviously wasn't the odd thing - what was odd was he didn't have a face. He was dressed in a pair of jeans and a black hoodie, with the hood up, and looked as if he was wearing one of those joke black morph suits over his face. I laughed a little to myself, expecting a general prank. The bus stopped, letting people off... But no-one got on. This made me frown a little, as I'd seen the guy waving, so I asked my friend if she'd seen him. She didn't, and when I pressed her further, simply said the illness must have made me sleep deprived. I thought about this for a while, and decided she was probably right - after all, the mind can play tricks when you're tired, and I'd never seen anything like that before.

However, after that event, I started to see odd things all the time. Shadows of people where there were no people, odd faces in windows, and strange noises. It also wasn't only the 'no faces' I'd see.

When I was still at university, there was this truly horrifying apparition outside my flat, always there whenever I opened my curtains, night or day. It was extremely tall (no, this is not Slender Man, ha-ha), the face in showdown due to it having long, greasy hair. But I knew that it was smiling, and not a very nice smile, either. It scared me to the point where I stared to stay over at my current partner's, using the excuse of poor sleep thanks to my cheap mattress... Mind you, not that I could get much sleep knowing that thing was outside.

I'm not sure what to do, or what it means, and it's scaring me. I see the no-face people everywhere, in corners; at train stations... I try not to get too close. I even tried to talk to one once, but it didn't result to much. They just stared.

Obviously, seeing these odd things have become a bit of a problem, socially. It's not exactly acceptable to flinch for no reason, or look alarmed at the slightest thing. I just can't help it - they make me nervous and scared. I don't know what they are, after all... But they just don't seem human. I mean, some of them do human things, like the waving down of the bus, but the majority of the time, they just seem to be watching/following people. Some of them have quite a solid shape, just like another person (aside from the obvious face thing), but others seem to just be odd shadows.

Can anyone help me with this, if you've seen the same? What does it mean, that I've started to see these things, and am I in any danger?

Other hauntings by WhiteOleander

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WhiteOleander, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
The area where I used to live had a legend of an old man who was disfigured called "Charlie No Face"... Used to walk around the roads late at night and (unintentionally) scare the heck out of people driving by. Allegedly his ghost walks along the same routes today.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Robinson_ (Green_Man)
WhiteOleander (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Thanks very much to everyone who has replied so far - it really helps!
I've never considered trying to contact them with my mind Blue-flamed-phoenix, but that's quite a good idea. I'll try it next time I see anything odd, so I shall keep you all posted on that.
After seeing the apparition outside my flat, it truly became horrible in there. It all felt very negative, and if I left any food in there, it seemed to go off very fast. Luckily, I'm not in that flat anymore, so I don't have to worry about that!
The things I see are usually shadowy figures, which are kind of hunched... But I also see the odd incredibly creepy thing, like the guy outside my flat. They don't seem to want to hurt me, but they do follow me about sometimes, and definitely stare at me.
mulder81 (16 stories) (21 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
Just read your story and freaked me out. Just a few weeks ago I was driving home from work and I live in the country on a black top road. Often I see people riding bikes, but this guy was riding an old style 10 speed and was going slow. He was dressed normal but had a hooded sweatshirt on with the hood on his head and his head was facing down as I was appoaching him. As I was passing by he looked up and he had no face. Just freaked me out. I told my wife and she said it was just one of then wire mess masks... But it looked all to real to me. I was looking at a bald mans head on his face... No mask. Now when I read your story just makes me wonder what I really did see.

Thanks
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
hmb2002 - Slender Man = not real 😉 Here's a link you might want to check out, okay? Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slender_Man
hmb2002 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
You know that really does sound like slender man! He can like disguise himself as someone or something else... I've seen things similar to what you are seeing. Thanks for sharing and if you were wondering, I don't think you're crazy. These probable are ghosts of some sort and I don't think they want to hurt you in any way. (unless maybe you make them mad or something, but I don't see why you would want to do that. I wouldn't.) but I wouldn't worry just try to come up with a way to get rid of them, a blessing or something. I liked your story!:) 😳
CharlaC (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
Hello, WhiteOleander. Interesting experiences. I haven't heard anything that strange. I mean, I have seen something with no face in the dorms I live, but I don't see them everywhere like you are. I have a theory about those with spiritual sensitivity: that it's like any muscle on the body, and the stronger it becomes, the more you are able to use it. So maybe, somehow, someway your sensitivity to the paranormal strengthened, which is what is causing you to see them everywhere. And also, with you seeing no-face spirits, I have somewhat of another theory: maybe to some people spirits look a certain way? Because I will see shadow creatures, strange faces, no-faces, and some other strange things, but then someone else will tell me that they often seen things that I myself have never seen before. I don't if that's how it is, that's just what I get out of what others have told me.

Some advice I can give is to not try to contact the spirit that you see outside your flat, because it sounds like he is not a very friendly visitor. It could be dangerous. The others, though, don't sound like evil spirits to me. I don't think they will do you or anyone any harm. And the reason you're seeing them follow other people is probably because (and this is just my own opinion, so I could be wrong), but some spirits attach themselves to the living. That's just what I think, but don't take my word for it.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
Hi WhiteOleander, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience. I feel that you are sensitive to paranormal. I don't think that you are in danger because whatever you narrated did not reveal anything that these beings or entities were trying to harm you in anyway.

You said that you have seen an apparition outside your flat. Did anything negative happen in your flat after you started seeing this apparition? Could you feel any negative vibes in your flat. If it does, then it is better to cleanse the flat. Please do respond, we might suggest a good cleansing method devised by one of the experienced posters in this site.

Please give us more information about these entities, how they look like, where generally you see them, whether they are trying to communicate to you or trying to be harmful to you etc. Thereafter, we shall be in a position to advise you properly.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
blue-flamed-phoenix (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
things like this are always around they won't just go away unless asked, and most don't listen anyways so the best way to see what it is they want or to rid yourself of them is to talk to them. You can't really talk to them physically seeing as they have no face so that would leave telepathically. Ask a question to them in your mind and you shall get an answer or an impression of one. That is the reason why your conversation with one of them didn't amount to nothing cause they are telepathic beings, they are on a different vibratory level then we are so you can't always hear a spiritual being. Hope this helps keep me updated.
Dracula (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
Spockie is correct I think, but wait... Are you still having a cold wen you saw them? Or not? Cos' it might be the reason also.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
It would seem that your illness (your cold) for some unknown reason, triggered a spiritual gift that probably had always been there. I don't believe you are in danger, and the best way to handle these things, if you possibly can, is to try to ignore them. Don't acknowledge their presence. If it progresses to your hearing them talk to you, ignore it and don't answer them. The spiritual world gains strength from attention and especially from fear. Hopefully if you ignore them long enough, they will finally go away.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: