You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Of Little Boys And Play Dates

Real Ghost Stories

Of Little Boys And Play Dates

 

As with my other stories, this is about two of the three spirits in my home. Adam and my maternal grandmother.

Adam, the little boy who is bound to the ground, has taken to seeing me as his "mommy". I honestly see him like one of my boys as well. He is so tiny and quiet and shy, he rarely shows himself to anyone, mostly because he is scared of people. When he is sad or upset, he moves toys in his room, or knocks on the wall. Its also the best way he gets my attention, apart from hiding behind the couch and moving things on the end table. He really is not a nuisance; he's part of my "family". I know to those who have had bad experiences, this sounds strange. He is not a threat to anyone, so I have no want or need to rid the house of him.

On one particular morning, I rushed through his room to get to the garage, as I was late, and forgot to say good morning to him. I closed the door connecting the rooms and yanked it to make sure it was closed, force of habit, I always do that, and I headed to the trunk of the car to put my bags in. I got in the car, put the key in the ignition, and as the car started, the headlights came on automatically. They caught movement, and I looked up over the steering wheel, and, to my utter shock, the door between the garage and Adam's room slowly edged open. I looked at it for a few seconds before I opened the main garage door and reversed out. I had barely gotten to work when Tim, my medium friend sent me a BBM and asked me what was up. I told him about the incident in the garage and he answered that I had forgotten to greet a certain someone on my way out of the house. The little guy was not happy that I had forgotten him.

Three weeks ago, I had a friend visiting and we had been in and out of the house a lot as we were sitting outside by the pool. At one point one of my sons came outside and sat with us for a while. He went in and out of the house a few times, and at one point, I was afraid that the glass sliding door lock would catch and we would be locked out. So I went to the door, and used my finger to retract the lock all the way, making sure it could not catch. A few minutes later, all three of us were headed into the house, but the sliding door was closed all the way, and the lock was pushed down. We were locked out. My friend and I both took turns trying to see if we could move the door, one way or another, and it would not budge. I remember thinking to myself that this was typical, I fear this would happen and it does. My son stood in front of me and grabbed my shirt and pulled it over his head. I giggled and pulled it back and asked him what he was doing, and he said "Ek kry koud" - I am cold. At that very moment, as strange as it sounds, the door just slid open. We literally watched it move by itself. And its not an easy door to move. My friend immediately told me that someone was standing there and he could not pass into the house if I didn't go first, so my son and I led the way. Of course I felt kind of edgy, but the feeling eventually faded as I kept reassuring myself that there were no negative "vibes" anywhere in my house.

My son fell asleep on the couch, and we went and put him to bed with his brother. A while later we were headed back again, my mom's puppy, Bolt, walking between us, my friend leading and myself at the rear. When we got to the boys' bedroom, Bolt started barking frantically and ran into the room. I got such a fright at his reaction I nearly leapt out of my own skin. Bolt kept barking, and I just looked around. My friend told me to move aside and he entered the room with Bolt. As I was standing in the passageway, right in front of the door, I could clearly feel my Gran touch my left cheek. She was trying to calm my serves, telling me not to worry, everything was fine. She really helped me calm down.

A few days later I spoke to Tim about the entire incident, and he told me that the entire evening's events were caused by Adam. He had been playing with the door, but the moment his "brother" (that's what he calls my boys) said he was cold, he opened the door again. He does not like my friend, simply because when I have company he feels neglected. Just like a normal, little kid would. It was just Adam in the boys' room, deciding to go on a play-date, and being disappointed that the twins were asleep. Tim assured me that Gran was there to keep a watchful eye on the little guy, to make sure he was not being naughty. She had things under control, if he did do something she did not like, he'd be in trouble with her. And, as even Charlie has stated, you don't want to be in trouble with her, she can be a very difficult lady.

She actually blocked my friend from going near my room. I just went in to close the curtains and he wanted to follow, but could not enter the room. Tim's answer to this, quite simply put; the room belongs to a girl, a lady, and a gentleman has no business going into a lady's room. I had such a giggle, can't call her old fashioned, she died in 1969, she WAS old fashioned.

I asked Tim if Bolt only sees Adam, and he said no, he sees all three of the spirits, but because Adam usually stays in his room, as opposed to Gran and Charlie who are around us constantly, Bolt is not used to Adam being around, so it startles him when he sees the little boy.

I am really starting to believe that he is just as unruly and demanding as flesh and blood kids can be.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

darker_side (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
maybe he was neglected in his before life and seeing you care about him makes him happy! Triden I loved all your stories! Whatever happens they are there for you...
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
MandyyNicole

Aparently his brother was jealous that I had given him attention. But he's transient, he isn't stuck to the ground like Adam is, so he just moved along again.

Tim says that they see each other like we do. They are essentially the same "people" just not in flesh and blood form anymore.

Val
From the fact that Adam has grown so attached to me, I do think you have a very good point. If I have to leave without telling the twins they would feel hurt and betrayed, since Adam is a 4-year old (roundabouts) that phase of needing to know where "mommy" is, is very real. I mean, he was running round looking for me even before I knew he was there.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
Triden, if as we think, Adam was neglected in life, he probably carries that fear with him. So, when you forget little things like saying 'bye', or 'be back soon' to him, it stings him more. Maybe, that's how it was when he was alive, and he fears you'll forget him?
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
Poor little guy. I'm glad he has you, your family, and your gran... I just think he's got so much more happiness waiting for him on the other side, it's not right for a child spirit to be stuck in such a state; I guess I don't see why he wouldn't want to move on unless he's afraid of whatever is next, or doesn't fully realize that he's deceased...? Maybe he's here to help you and your family with something to come? Oh, the mystery of the afterlife and beyond!

I also wonder if other spirits can see eachother... Can your gran see him like we can see one another? And out of curiousity, have you done any research on the house/property surrounding the area, to find out his whole story? And how terrible his older brother came to torment you... But why?!
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
Hi MandyyNicole

Since I have a medium friend who can communicate with them, and therefore will be able to tell me if/when Adam wants to move on, I'm sure it will happen eventually. I have asked Tim on a few occasions if Adam shows any want to move on, and Tim says no. I still believe that my Gran will somehow be key in helping him move on eventually.

He does not share any want or need to move on. No one of his family have come to look for him, from what I have learnt from his human life, he was very lonely and neglected to begin with.

For now he is content, and quite happy. For that reason, I will most definitely not be the one to push him into a direction that he is not ready for.

As a side note, it seems the dark entity that was in my home a year ago (see "It feeds on panic and fear") is Adam's older brother.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-24)
Cute story (:

I'm not sure of your beliefs, but is there a reason that you don't want to help this little guy move on to the next phase of existance?
Not 'get rid of him', but just help him finally be free?
I mean, I understand he has become like a part of your family and you are not threatened... But why not help him to move on- so he doesn't have to live in fear and hesitation of other people- so he can be at peace and feel safe forever? Makes me sad to think he's trapped.
newviewonlife (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-23)
Thank you for sharing that. I love the relationship and dynamic your family has with the spirits in your home. Amazing and exciting story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: