You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Smoke Pit

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Smoke Pit

 

It's me again. I just had an interesting experience while I was out for a smoke the other night and thought I should put it up here.

So, because of safety reasons, we are not allowed to smoke inside the dorms, or any of the buildings on the base for that matter, so they have designated smoking areas a few yards outside of each building. And yes, I know, I'm a smoker and "that stuff will kill you", right? Well, I can't just quit cold turkey. And I've also brought it down to only one cancer stick for each break, instead of five like I used to. SO I'm on a slow path to quitting, just taking a little time.

Anyway, the smoke pit we have just outside our dorms, it's a large cement square in the middle of a grass field, and there's a basketball hoop on the far end, and at the other end there are picnic tables and trashcans where people will sit and have a smoke.

So the other night, just before eleven, I went outside for a smoke. I didn't have to get up early for work the next day because it was a free day off for me, and I had plans to watch movies all night with some friends. So as I saw there, having a smoke, the street light, which is the only thing illuminating the smoke pit, suddenly went out. The moon was half full so there was still some light, and the dim lights coming through the windows in the dorms gave off some illumination as well. So I ignored it and kept having my relaxing smoke when I heard something scratching across the pavement on the basketball court. I looked around but nothing was there. I got up to see if it was some animal running around, because there are a lot of skunks and stray cats around here. But there was nothing that I could see. I ignored it, and finished my smoke and headed back to the dorm when I felt someone brush passed my. As if someone walked up behind me and bumped my shoulder as he ran ahead. But I didn't see anyone and I looked around but there was no one behind me. So I ignored it and went back to my room.

Yup, just another weird experience. Plenty more to come I'm sure.

Other hauntings by CharlaC

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CharlaC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CharlaC (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Yeah, lol. I kind of figured that the whole street light shutting off was most likely a common thing, so I didn't think too much about it. It was just interested that my experience happened once the light shut off. Seems to me these things like it better when there are no lights, which is why it didn't appear or whatever until the light shut off lol.
Anyway, thanks for reading, and for encouraging my determination to quit smoking haha! I'm doing my best.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
Hi,Charla! Interesting experience. Thanks for sharing!

I wouldn't read too much into the streetlight going out. Those things are controlled by light sensors and a stray flash from a reflected headlight can make them go off. I see them go out all the time.

Best of luck with your determination to quit smoking! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: